Author Topic: Upcoming Season 5 Preview, Jin ALIVE!?!  (Read 9484 times)

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
Re: Upcoming Season 5 Preview, Jin ALIVE!?!
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2009, 07:53:19 AM »
Did see that and am waiting to see where that leads...as they did specifically explain that wall as the definitive "Alive, Undead and Dead" wall...

there was also a green blow up alien writer, so......
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline dannymoe69

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2009, 11:52:01 AM »
I hope Jin is alive, it also makes sense... if they need ALL 6 and Locke, there is only one reason Sun would go back, and that is if she thinks/knows he husband is alive, and she wants him back.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2009, 01:12:23 PM »
Sun would appear to be the toughest to get back to the island.

I am guessing Sun gets a visit from "Jin" and she is told to return to the island.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2009, 03:00:30 PM »
I caught the "Sun thinks Jin is dead" line as well and said an A-HA to my son!  I also thought, in the recap episode, when they showed the explosion, I thought I saw someone dive off the back end right before the really BIG second explosion.  Say that was Jin.  No, he couldn't have gotten back within the island readius (I wouldn't think) in time to be included in the time traveller tour group.  That would leave him floating in the middle of nowhere.  Not picked up by Penny's boat, but maybe another one came along before he died of starvation.  If so, what would have stopped Jin from seeking out Sun and his new baby?  What else - Widmore!  It was another Widmore boat that picked him up.  Even if Widmore is going to work with Sun on one deal, he would hold Jin (without her knowing - for telling her would lose an ally in his attempts to find the island) and try to pump him for information.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2009, 03:32:52 PM »
One of the characters mentioned that the boat was not "x" miles away now, only 5 miles out*, as they could see the plume on the horizon. if it is played that the radius of the isle is 5 miles + or - a few, then if Jin did supposedly  "jump" off then that maybe the tack they take in his surviving the explosion.

Regardless of anyone's saying, "No, he's dead!!!!" the comment "Sun thinks Jin is dead" and the fact that his pic as of that Cuse/Lindy video was NOT on the dead or undead section of the wall, period...well I mean "."....as in the end of the sentence....not an emphatic PERIOD! said in an authoritative condescending manner towards anyone whom may disagree...but you are wrong anyway....until I'm proven wrong....in which case I will say, "Cool." and move on with out any ill will, except some deeply embedded anger that will show itself many years from now, unexpectedly while in line at the grocery store when some person has 12 items in the 10 item line...or when I crack an egg for an omelet and a bit of shell falls in the bowl and I toss the whole carton of eggs at the wall screaming obscenities like an Illinois governor......

*believe it was in the recap epi that this was said.

F. Bacon

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2009, 04:54:45 PM »
i saw that guy holding his head in the preview and he had shoulder length hair.. Jin doesn't...

even if Jin somehow survived the boat explosion, he was outside the range of the island dissapearing so he would be stuck in the middle of the ocean and would have drowned... i just don' see how he can be alive.

some people think its plausible because in the shot we got of the boat blowing up, it didn't look like anyone was on board... thats because it was a CGI boat, and you could tell that really easily. if he comes back alive on the show, then i will eat my words, but i still say he is dead...

Looked plenty real to me, I'll watch it again and let you know if I have to eat my words, but that makes more sense to me why the deck would have been empty. Can't have a person standing out there is you're going to blow up a real boat.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2009, 05:46:12 PM »

I am guessing Sun gets a visit from "Jin" and she is told to return to the island.
i agree with Juggy ;)

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2009, 05:50:05 PM »

i agree with Juggy ;)

I hope so, because quite honestly, I really miss Jin. :(

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2009, 10:06:07 AM »
I was really hoping we would see him paling around with everyone after learning more english.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2009, 01:01:22 PM »
nah he'll be completely fluent and talking in an american accent by the end of the season

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2009, 01:35:13 PM »
nah he'll be completely fluent and talking in an american accent by the end of the season

I'd prefer British accent. It sounds more fancy. Hmmm or how about French.  That'd be kind of cool.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2009, 04:32:39 PM »

I'd prefer British accent. It sounds more fancy. Hmmm or how about French.  That'd be kind of cool.

We've had english and french, how about throwing a curve ball and have him speak with a really thick German accent.

Offline lostboy99

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2009, 07:42:33 PM »
I don't think characters dying in LOST really means they are dead. Even if they are a ghost, they still have a huge impact on the way the story has been unfolding.

Offline patrixmith

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2009, 11:17:37 PM »

I think what's funny is that in real life, the actor who plays Jin is American and speaks no Korean. And the actress that plays Sun is Korean and speaks no English. At least that's how it was when they started the show, so major props to them for really selling those languages. I'm sure they have learned the languages through acting and dialogue coaches by now, though.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2009, 11:26:03 PM »
I think what's funny is that in real life, the actor who plays Jin is American and speaks no Korean. And the actress that plays Sun is Korean and speaks no English. At least that's how it was when they started the show, so major props to them for really selling those languages. I'm sure they have learned the languages through acting and dialogue coaches by now, though.

She came to NY at the age of 10, went to high school there, and from Lostpedia, "She originally auditioned for the role of Kate, but the producers were so impressed with her performance that the roles of Sun and Jin were created."

I'd heard those rumours she did not speak English too, but that's all they were....

F. Bacon