Author Topic: Upcoming Season 5 Preview, Jin ALIVE!?!  (Read 8386 times)

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Jin (from recap show)
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 01:17:10 PM »
I still stand by my thinking that when the freighter blew up, it shot Jin thru the barrier of the island on the wrong bearing sending him back or forward in time.
Surviving a blast that would send him far enough to get inside the radius would be an impressive achievement.  Of course, anything's possible in Lost but, I have to think it's highly unlikely.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 02:01:45 PM »
We see lots of dead people walking around on the island.  Maybe that's why Colleen was set fire to and pushed out to sea.  Ben didn't want her image to be used by the island. 

I like this idea, too.  The Others had figured out that the island "uses" dead bodies that are available to them.  That's why they adopted the somewhat unconventional "burial" technique that they use.  Makes perfect sense. 

I am still clinging to the belief that Jin will be alive.  I don't know how or why, but I think he will be.  I have this scene so clearly in my mind of Vengeful Sun finally exacting her revenge on whomever it is she blames, then hearing someone calling out "Sun!  What are you doing!" and turning around and seeing Jin.   :D

Offline msdoran

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 03:06:33 PM »
I saw it to and my wife and I picked up on it immediately. I told her that it was either a slip up, or they are intentionally trying to throw us die hard losties off track because they know we listen to EVERY WORD.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Season 5 Preview, Jin ALIVE!?!
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 03:28:34 PM »
The DUI exit.

I prefer to call it the kiss of death. Speaking of which, what the hell makes people drink and drive so much in Hawaii??

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 04:16:48 PM »
I think that we will see Jin show up soon in the present 2008 in the real world.  I think this is what will make everyone in the outside world to really know that Oceanic 6 story is a lie.  Remembering back now in the press conference someone does ask Sun if Jin was one of the Survivors even after they told everyone who the other 3 people were.  Seems like they are making sure that everyone in the real world knows that Jin died when the plane crashed but he will turn up on some stranded island somewhere saying he was on Oceanic 815 because he does not know that everyone is lieing.

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 05:02:10 PM »
I prefer to call it the kiss of death. Speaking of which, what the hell makes people drink and drive so much in Hawaii??
LOL!

:D :D :D

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 05:30:05 PM »
LOL!

I like the Dharmalars theory on this, most people think that when someone on the show gets a DUI they are killed off the show, but they think that the actors get the script, see that they are getting killed off and THEN go out on a bender.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 12:52:07 AM »
You know, I've seen too many movies to totally write Jin off yet, in fact, I think is alive now more than I did before. 3 reasons:

1) Others here have mentioned it, but in the Lost preview show "Destiny Calls" the producers carefully say Sun "believes" Jin is dead. very deliberate and ambiguous word usage.

2) Also in the preview show there was absolutely no mention at all of Charlie. I can understand that for a number of reasons, he's dead, he is not a main character anymore, yada yada. They are very careful not to show him at all, for example when Hurley rolls the hippie bus down the hill.

This is really only important for 1 main reason, in the same preview show when mention Sun she is headlined with Jin.  Instead of it being "Sun" it was "Sun and Jin". It was suspicious because they only went over a few main characters. A reunion scene with them and their daughter would make great TV.

3) Simply he is still a headliner in the opening credits. Shannon has come back several times, but wasn't a headliner. I don't think Walt has been a headliner since he took off either.

Now it makes much more sense that Jin died in the explosion, but I'm going to need to see something more conclusive, like Ghost Jin, before I'll believe he is dead.

btw, I think you guys are onto something with the D.U.I. theory, which comes first  the chicken or the egg; the writing off the show or the drinking?

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 09:18:58 AM »
I thought I saw Jin in one of the previews, too. 

Just a thought, if Jin were dead wouldn't some of the Oceanic 6 have had a vision of him?  Especially Sun or Hurley.

Can't seem to figure out how he makes it back to the island, though.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 01:26:05 PM »
what if they just run into him in the past?

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2009, 01:45:43 PM »
exactly!

do they rock paper scissors to tell him the ship blew up!??!
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2009, 11:35:48 AM »
You know, I've seen too many movies to totally write Jin off yet, in fact, I think is alive now more than I did before. 3 reasons:

1) Others here have mentioned it, but in the Lost preview show "Destiny Calls" the producers carefully say Sun "believes" Jin is dead. very deliberate and ambiguous word usage.

2) Also in the preview show there was absolutely no mention at all of Charlie. I can understand that for a number of reasons, he's dead, he is not a main character anymore, yada yada. They are very careful not to show him at all, for example when Hurley rolls the hippie bus down the hill.

This is really only important for 1 main reason, in the same preview show when mention Sun she is headlined with Jin.  Instead of it being "Sun" it was "Sun and Jin". It was suspicious because they only went over a few main characters. A reunion scene with them and their daughter would make great TV.

3) Simply he is still a headliner in the opening credits. Shannon has come back several times, but wasn't a headliner. I don't think Walt has been a headliner since he took off either.

Now it makes much more sense that Jin died in the explosion, but I'm going to need to see something more conclusive, like Ghost Jin, before I'll believe he is dead.

btw, I think you guys are onto something with the D.U.I. theory, which comes first  the chicken or the egg; the writing off the show or the drinking?
i completely and totally agree with you caseymac!  at least on this issue...

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2009, 01:41:22 PM »
LOL!

I like the Dharmalars theory on this, most people think that when someone on the show gets a DUI they are killed off the show, but they think that the actors get the script, see that they are getting killed off and THEN go out on a bender.

I always thought this was it, too.  I think I'd need a cocktail if I just found out I'm losing my job on one of the most popular shows on TV.  (Even if I'll probably get some "dream sequences" later on.)

I have a friend in Hawaii and she says it's not as rosy as you'd think.  After you've done all the "touristy" stuff, and if you're not into surfing, it gets boring as heck and expensive too.   (Personally I think the islanders just say that to keep people from moving in... LOL.)

CaseyMac, good logical reasoning.  I agree with you.  Giving us "Sun and Jin" in the preview show really makes me wonder.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 01:43:06 PM by Madam P »

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2009, 12:48:36 AM »
i saw that guy holding his head in the preview and he had shoulder length hair.. Jin doesn't...

even if Jin somehow survived the boat explosion, he was outside the range of the island dissapearing so he would be stuck in the middle of the ocean and would have drowned... i just don' see how he can be alive.

some people think its plausible because in the shot we got of the boat blowing up, it didn't look like anyone was on board... thats because it was a CGI boat, and you could tell that really easily. if he comes back alive on the show, then i will eat my words, but i still say he is dead...

Offline TimeTravelIsCool

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2009, 06:57:09 AM »
There was a Lindloff / Cuse interview where they went to see all of the writers.
They showed a wall full of cast photos, and they said they are divided into alive, dead, and unknown.
Jin was in the ALIVE section, and this was in the lead up to season 5.