Author Topic: Upcoming Season 5 Preview, Jin ALIVE!?!  (Read 8382 times)

Offline Skix34

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Upcoming Season 5 Preview, Jin ALIVE!?!
« on: January 22, 2009, 02:03:32 AM »
I was watching the upcoming previews for the new "great" season, after the premier 2 hour episodes. I thought that I had seen Jin, so I played it back in slow motion. Its right after the smoke monster blows up and Miles goes flying towards the camera. Any thoughts? Is this Jin holding his hands over his ears??? I think so. Let me know what you think.

Offline anavrin

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Jin (from recap show)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 09:18:07 AM »
I noticed in the preview show that they said something like "Sun is operating under the tragic belief that Jin is dead."  Anybody else catch that?  (I didn't DVR it, so I don't have the exact quote.)

Offline Luna C

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Jin (from recap show)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 09:26:16 AM »
I noticed too; surprised no one else commented on it.

If Jin was dead, they'd just say, "Sun tragically watched her husband die." Seems to me they want to leave the door open for him to be out there somewhere -- but they don't want to "set the record straight" and SAY that he is still out there.

I'd like to see more Jin, but this scenario scares me a little, because it seems far-fetched for him to have survived the explosion AND somehow gotten back into the "radius" of the water that "traveled" with the island in time AND managed to get back to shore in one piece.

But I guess we'll see.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 09:43:08 AM »
Good point, because Juliet and Sawyer made a point of saying that the freighter was not out there any more. So it could not of been in the radius. The little boat that daniel was on survived the time shift so the frieghter would of also if it was in the radius.

We are likely seeing Jin just as we see Christian Anna Lulu etc

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 10:08:24 AM »
Not unless Jin is on a piece of floating debris. Since no survivors were on the freighter it did not travel with them. Apparently you travel with what you had with you.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 10:17:03 AM »
Did we ever see the freighter after the island moved?  I remember them saying there is nothing around, but they may have just been looking ahead at the island.  Seems like they would have been able to see the freighter in their life boat. 

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 10:58:03 AM »
I noticed in the preview show that they said something like "Sun is operating under the tragic belief that Jin is dead."  Anybody else catch that?  (I didn't DVR it, so I don't have the exact quote.)
i noticed it too.  it makes me think that we're going to learn that jin is alive.  somehow.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 11:48:07 AM »
I noticed it, too.  I also saw a video clip or read an interview with Darlton in which one of them said "when Jin died...." and I took from this statement that Jin is dead.  Maybe it was one of those deliberately misleading statements those two like to make.  Maybe his body will wash ashore and be brought back the same way Christian was.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 12:15:50 PM »
But Christian is not alive. The island is using Christian and his 'image" but he is dead. It may use Jin that way also.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 12:20:13 PM »
We see lots of dead people walking around on the island.  Maybe that's why Colleen was set fire to and pushed out to sea.  Ben didn't want her image to be used by the island. 
(I'm so confused.....)

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
Re: Upcoming Season 5 Preview, Jin ALIVE!?!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 12:29:17 PM »
"Jin? Iíve read that Daniel Dae-Kim will be back this year, but is he an ongoing presence on the island, or will he just be back here and there?

Lindelof: All we can say is, Daniel is still a series regular on the show, but Jin is not on the Season 5 poster. Sort of extrapolate what you will from that. Whether or not Jin is alive or dead does not preclude him from being on the show. "

From the Chicago Trib (and many other places I am guessing) on Jan. 13th.

Pretty interesting....
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 12:49:32 PM »
He may not be one of the regular cast members, but he might be in one or two episodes as a guest star.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 12:55:47 PM »
I caught the phrasing of Sun believing Jin is dead, too.  But, he has to be dead.  The freighter was outside the radius (the smoke was no longer on the horizon) and I just can't believe that he could have swam fast enough and far enough in the allotted time to get himself into the radius.  I'm sure we'll see him again but only as an image/apparition/what-have-you.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 01:03:56 PM »
The DUI exit.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 01:04:55 PM »
We see lots of dead people walking around on the island.  Maybe that's why Colleen was set fire to and pushed out to sea.  Ben didn't want her image to be used by the island. 
(I'm so confused.....)
I like the idea of this.

I still stand by my thinking that when the freighter blew up, it shot Jin thru the barrier of the island on the wrong bearing sending him back or forward in time.

Even though this was revealed in the episode right afterward, did anyone else notice that Carlton said that the island was moving in time and space. That felt like a slip up.