Author Topic: Something I notced in the update episode...  (Read 2550 times)

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Something I notced in the update episode...
« on: January 22, 2009, 12:56:04 AM »
Sayid was looking at the sattelite phone tryig to figure it out/ fix it... but he says "its unlike any technology ive ever seen" and frome hwe've learned no matter how old or new he knows how to repair it and fix it or at least take pieces to build somethign else better.... so why doesnt he recognize this technology?????    maybe it might from the "future" mayeb Keamy is from the future? the freighter... widmore... food for thought... chew it up and let me know what you think???
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 12:57:48 AM by Jugdish »

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Something I notced in the update episode...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 09:27:11 AM »
Since this is about the update episode,
When John Dreamed of Horace, Horace tells him that he has been dead for 12 years,
Rousseau has been on the island for 16 years,
Alex was taken as a baby, 16 years ago?
So Alex was 4 when Dharma was wiped out?
Where was she kept in the meantime?
She could not have met ben when she was just four years old could she?

Maybe an error ont he writers part, I doubt it.

Thoughts?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 09:40:50 AM »
They likely just kept the children safe. Killed the Dharma people but not the kids.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 09:48:18 AM »
I understand they did not kill the children but the point I am trying to make is I assumed that Dharma was purged prior to Rousseau's team arriving on the island,

Isnt it strange that she seems to have been taken prior to the dharma initiative being purged?

I think it is what did he do, go and visit her for four years in his days off from Dharma?

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 10:52:50 AM »
I noticed when Jack got up on the bridge there was a shot of the ground below with tons of writing on it. Anyone have a shot of that. I don't remember noticing that last year.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 02:01:55 PM »
Since this is about the update episode,
When John Dreamed of Horace, Horace tells him that he has been dead for 12 years,
Rousseau has been on the island for 16 years,
Alex was taken as a baby, 16 years ago?
So Alex was 4 when Dharma was wiped out?
Where was she kept in the meantime?
She could not have met ben when she was just four years old could she?

Maybe an error ont he writers part, I doubt it.

Thoughts?
There's a thread around here somewhere about the 4 "missing years!"  I just can't find it! lol

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 02:11:25 PM »
Sayid was looking at the sattelite phone tryig to figure it out/ fix it... but he says "its unlike any technology ive ever seen" and frome hwe've learned no matter how old or new he knows how to repair it and fix it or at least take pieces to build somethign else better.... so why doesnt he recognize this technology?????    maybe it might from the "future" mayeb Keamy is from the future? the freighter... widmore... food for thought... chew it up and let me know what you think???
It's possible that it's a future thing, but how long has it been since Sayid was in the Republican Guard?  Technology changes quickly, so it's also possible that he hasn't been able to keep up with the technology.  But I do like to think it's from the future!

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 05:39:49 PM »

um what about  my question/>????

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 07:11:32 PM »

um what about  my question/>????

It was new/different technology to Sayid.  Same as if an American used a cell phone from Japan or Europe.  Those things can do crazy things ours can't because they are all on the same standard and we aren't.  New/different technology.
I don't think Keamy or the freighter are from the future.  They were recruited by Widmore to get Ben & torch the newly "found" island.  It was invisible prior to the failsafe key in the Swan being turned.
Chewed.