Author Topic: Time shifts may explain the food drop.  (Read 4341 times)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Time shifts may explain the food drop.
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 04:58:18 PM »
When I think about who might've installed the Frozen Donkey Wheel, I can only think about how much it resembles the kind of wheel you'd see at the helm of, say...an old slave ship?

While I always assumed that someone like Patchy was fooling DHARMA off-island execs into thinking the Initiative is still in control and in need of resupply, there's always the possibility that a 1980ish shipment somehow got timewarped because the bearing was wrong or because The Island was skipping.  Remember how no one heard a plane fly over?
That line seemed so aimless @ the time, but I see now how it could support your theory. 

By the way...the podcast has me leaning more toward your original idea here too.  D & C didn't directly answer the food drop question, BUT there is a reason that question was selected among the countless others.  They did say that we will learn more about the food drops this season.

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 06:00:38 PM »

Quote from: Creflo - Remember how no one heard a plane fly over?

yes, no one heard the plane that made the drops fly over because maybe the plane flew over a long time ago and the drops are just getting down to the island now because of this time difference between the island and the rest of the world. Got ya! nice theory.

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 06:53:03 PM »
a bigger question is ...... if Dharma didn't build the wheel who did? the others? and when?! and why?
whomever built the 4 toed statue.
I was just about to say that! And i bet it's THEM that Charlotte is really interested in, not Dharma
i agree!  she's an archeologist, and i think she's wanting to learn more about the ORIGNIAL inhabitants more than the ones that have been there in the last 50 years or so.

I know that she was digging up the polar bear remains but I thought she was an anthropologist? If that's the case, then maybe she is looking for a certain group of people in the quest for the "study of humanity". All goes back to Adam & Eve in the cave again. Probably why she speaks multiple languages too.

As for the food drop, it's possible. But I thought the objects attached to those that moved in time, like the inflatable raft, stay with them? Probably wouldn't be too worried about it though. TPTB have better things to explain and their running on a finite number of episodes, so to be honest it's kinda on the bottom of my list of things I'd like explained before the show is over. :)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 07:12:57 PM »
a bigger question is ...... if Dharma didn't build the wheel who did? the others? and when?! and why?
whomever built the 4 toed statue.
I was just about to say that! And i bet it's THEM that Charlotte is really interested in, not Dharma
i agree!  she's an archeologist, and i think she's wanting to learn more about the ORIGNIAL inhabitants more than the ones that have been there in the last 50 years or so.

I know that she was digging up the polar bear remains but I thought she was an anthropologist? If that's the case, then maybe she is looking for a certain group of people in the quest for the "study of humanity". All goes back to Adam & Eve in the cave again. Probably why she speaks multiple languages too.

As for the food drop, it's possible. But I thought the objects attached to those that moved in time, like the inflatable raft, stay with them? Probably wouldn't be too worried about it though. TPTB have better things to explain and their running on a finite number of episodes, so to be honest it's kinda on the bottom of my list of things I'd like explained before the show is over. :)
you're right.  she's a "cultural anthropologist" (as listed by lostpedia).  i still hold by my theory that she's wanting to learn more about the original inhabitants of dharma island.