Author Topic: Daniel Appearance in the First scene  (Read 12683 times)

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Appearance in the First scene
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2009, 02:07:11 PM »
If it's true that Daniel walked from Desmond's hatch to the Orchid, that would mean that Desmond was already pushing the button when they guy who made the tape was still making tapes and building stations.    I don't think there was another shift after he talked to Desmond, so I think he most likely banged on the door again and made a plan with Desmond.   I don't think the travels time independantly, so my guess is that he'll hatch the plan to head for the orchid and then take advantage of a timeshift to study it.    I think he was just posing as someone from the DI, and not really part of it back then.    I don't think the was the camera man.

But there was another flash after he spoke to Desmond....

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2009, 02:27:30 PM »
Well first of all, Desmond asked why he was banging on the door for 20 minutes. Second, I don't think that either Sawyer or Daniel were banging for that long, because Daniel was up in arms about how "If it didn't happen, it can't happen." So, I think that Daniel would have stopped banging on the door if no one opened it within a few minutes.

Speaking of Daniel, did anyone else notice that he seems to be way less scatter brained now?? He's not stammering as much, or stumbling over his words and thoughts. He seems really focused now. Wonder what the correlation between him time traveling and his clear headedness is.
I forgot all about that memory test Charlotte was giving him last season! Nice catch

i think he has been fine since he saw in his journal "if anything goes wrong Desmond hume will be my constant" they just never had enough of him in the show after that to show his new clarity

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2009, 02:28:33 PM »
If it's true that Daniel walked from Desmond's hatch to the Orchid, that would mean that Desmond was already pushing the button when they guy who made the tape was still making tapes and building stations.    I don't think there was another shift after he talked to Desmond, so I think he most likely banged on the door again and made a plan with Desmond.   I don't think the travels time independantly, so my guess is that he'll hatch the plan to head for the orchid and then take advantage of a timeshift to study it.    I think he was just posing as someone from the DI, and not really part of it back then.    I don't think the was the camera man.
there was another shift,  Daniel could not get out his mothers name before he jumped

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 02:29:25 PM »
Well first of all, Desmond asked why he was banging on the door for 20 minutes. Second, I don't think that either Sawyer or Daniel were banging for that long, because Daniel was up in arms about how "If it didn't happen, it can't happen." So, I think that Daniel would have stopped banging on the door if no one opened it within a few minutes.

Speaking of Daniel, did anyone else notice that he seems to be way less scatter brained now?? He's not stammering as much, or stumbling over his words and thoughts. He seems really focused now. Wonder what the correlation between him time traveling and his clear headedness is.
I forgot all about that memory test Charlotte was giving him last season! Nice catch

i think he has been fine since he saw in his journal "if anything goes wrong Desmond hume will be my constant" they just never had enough of him in the show after that to show his new clarity
I think much of the fumbling & bumbling was from lying.  He's confident now that he's in his element, & he can be more forthcoming.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 04:20:40 PM »

there was another shift,  Daniel could not get out his mothers name before he jumped

True True, methinks he is now right headed, as much as a physicist can be, and is making about the island trying to figure it all out...

He did say he had been studying this stuff his entire adult life....
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2009, 08:13:59 PM »

[/quote]I think much of the fumbling & bumbling was from lying.  He's confident now that he's in his element, & he can be more forthcoming.
[/quote]

This is what I was thinking as well...he no longer has anything to hide and isn't wrestling with keeping the secret.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2009, 01:12:23 AM »

I think much of the fumbling & bumbling was from lying.  He's confident now that he's in his element, & he can be more forthcoming.

I agree. That was one of my favorite things about Daniel last season. He was the absolute WORST liar ever, so you could always tell when he was holding back the truth. You could still see it in this episode when Sawyer presses him for more information. Then when he starts explaining it, he is more confident and in his element.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 01:14:22 AM by CaseyMac »

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 12:36:48 PM »
I still think there is something else going on with all of that. Plus, if you think about it, almost everytime he lied, he got called out on it, and fessed up right away, and he was still all nervous and jittery. Oh well, we will see what happens.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2009, 10:50:47 PM »
well at least now we have a better idea of how and why the lady who lands on the island (oh what's her name? the first one who comes from the freighter)... well, now we know why and how she has a pic of penny and Desmond. probably from Dan. Desmond probably gave it to Dan in one of the time shifts for some reason soon to be known.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2009, 10:59:30 PM »
I think she just got it from Penny's dad, Widmore did hire them.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2009, 12:05:35 AM »
That's what I've always thought as well.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2009, 12:54:55 PM »
me 3. 

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2009, 04:38:05 PM »
me 3. 

Me...as well.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2009, 04:45:37 PM »
me 3. 

Me squared, cubed and diced to the quintupled power of N times Juliet's Cuteness ratio.
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2009, 05:00:10 PM »
me 3. 

Me squared, cubed and diced to the quintupled power of N times Juliet's Cuteness ratio.

You mean Skeletor Juliette?? Man, okay, you win the weirdest guy on here contest.