Author Topic: Daniel Appearance in the First scene  (Read 11895 times)

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Appearance in the First scene
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 10:38:53 AM »
did anyone have an aha moment about why Daniel was crying last season when he saw the wreckage on the television? I am still waiting for that.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 11:00:09 AM »
did anyone have an aha moment about why Daniel was crying last season when he saw the wreckage on the television? I am still waiting for that.
the aha is because he had already been there. 

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 11:09:01 AM »
So when we see Daniel before the Orchid is even built, how is he there.
Was this suppose to be from one of the time changes that they are experiences. Or has Daniel done time traveling on his own?
He sure seems to know a lot about it all of a sudden.
After some reflection...I'm beginning to wonder if this is where he disappeared to after talking to Desmond.  Remember, he got Desmond to open the door.  Told him to contact his mother and then the sky went white again.  The next time we sam him, Juliette & Sawyer made a point of mentioning that he'd been gone for two hours....

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 11:16:53 AM »
I was wondering where he was for the 2 hours as well

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 12:20:46 PM »
Everyone left Daniel there alone. Desmond said he has been banging on his door for 30 minutes. 90 minute walk back to the beach = 2 hours sine sawyer last seen Daniel.

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 12:35:05 PM »
Was he really banging on the door for 30 mins?  Or was Desmond referring to the time Saywer was banging on the door as well?  I just wonder......  And it seemed clear to me that they were definitely in the "past" because another flash had not occurred yet when they went running into the jungle and Juliette & Sawyer bumped into Jones & Co.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 12:51:22 PM »
Everyone left Daniel there alone. Desmond said he has been banging on his door for 30 minutes. 90 minute walk back to the beach = 2 hours sine sawyer last seen Daniel.

But it's not a 90 minute walk back to the beach, is it?  When Daniel asked for a man-made place to head to, I thought Juliet said the hatch was only 15 minutes away.  Of course, they then have to walk to the "back door," but that couldn't be too far, could it?

The "where has he been for 2 hours" jumped out at me, too.

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 01:07:05 PM »
In addition to that...why would Sawyer say 2 hours vs. saying an half an hour or an hour? It would have been a 90 min walk for them as well...
Yeah...I think I've convinced myself that he was at the orchid...

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 01:11:25 PM »
I think it will turn out to be him doing some "investigation" while they are bouncing around in time. Probable trying to figure out a way to make it stop.

This is my feeling, especially considering the ComiCon video from this year.  No doubt in my mind now that it's Dan behind the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdWLYVRiin8&feature=related

the aha is because he had already been there. 
Exactly.

Offline Floyd25

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 01:12:19 PM »
I think the aha was because he's already working for Widmore and he knows it's a lie

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 01:29:04 PM »
Well first of all, Desmond asked why he was banging on the door for 20 minutes. Second, I don't think that either Sawyer or Daniel were banging for that long, because Daniel was up in arms about how "If it didn't happen, it can't happen." So, I think that Daniel would have stopped banging on the door if no one opened it within a few minutes.

Speaking of Daniel, did anyone else notice that he seems to be way less scatter brained now?? He's not stammering as much, or stumbling over his words and thoughts. He seems really focused now. Wonder what the correlation between him time traveling and his clear headedness is.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 01:31:00 PM »
Well first of all, Desmond asked why he was banging on the door for 20 minutes. Second, I don't think that either Sawyer or Daniel were banging for that long, because Daniel was up in arms about how "If it didn't happen, it can't happen." So, I think that Daniel would have stopped banging on the door if no one opened it within a few minutes.

Speaking of Daniel, did anyone else notice that he seems to be way less scatter brained now?? He's not stammering as much, or stumbling over his words and thoughts. He seems really focused now. Wonder what the correlation between him time traveling and his clear headedness is.
I forgot all about that memory test Charlotte was giving him last season! Nice catch

Offline Thomas

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 01:47:12 PM »
If it's true that Daniel walked from Desmond's hatch to the Orchid, that would mean that Desmond was already pushing the button when they guy who made the tape was still making tapes and building stations.    I don't think there was another shift after he talked to Desmond, so I think he most likely banged on the door again and made a plan with Desmond.   I don't think the travels time independantly, so my guess is that he'll hatch the plan to head for the orchid and then take advantage of a timeshift to study it.    I think he was just posing as someone from the DI, and not really part of it back then.    I don't think the was the camera man.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2009, 01:49:09 PM »
If it's true that Daniel walked from Desmond's hatch to the Orchid, that would mean that Desmond was already pushing the button when they guy who made the tape was still making tapes and building stations.    I don't think there was another shift after he talked to Desmond, so I think he most likely banged on the door again and made a plan with Desmond.   I don't think the travels time independantly, so my guess is that he'll hatch the plan to head for the orchid and then take advantage of a timeshift to study it.    I think he was just posing as someone from the DI, and not really part of it back then.    I don't think the was the camera man.
I see what you're saying, but that doesn't fit with the established timeline.  Des was only on the Island for 3 years.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 02:00:15 PM »
When Dan is talking to Des he gets flashed back to the 50s/60s before the hatch was placed there. We know this because they all get chased by flaming arrows and Sawyer and Juliette get caught by old school Military guys. So no in last nights episodes Dan did not tell Des more of his plan and to keep quiet. I do however believe that Dan will contact Des again in later episodes and tell him some more details (just like Flashes before your eyes) and to keep quiet.