Author Topic: Daniel Appearance in the First scene  (Read 12325 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Daniel Appearance in the First scene
« on: January 22, 2009, 12:24:21 AM »
So when we see Daniel before the Orchid is even built, how is he there.
Was this suppose to be from one of the time changes that they are experiences. Or has Daniel done time traveling on his own?
He sure seems to know a lot about it all of a sudden.

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Appearance in the First scene
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 12:29:23 AM »
I'd say he was time traveling on his own that time. The dialogue in that seen just made it seem that way to me. But what do I know I didn't even put on pants today.  ;)

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 12:34:46 AM »
I think he will be shown again in later episode (season finale comes to mind) trying to fix the time travel record skipping. He will soon learn that he needs to turn the frozen donkey wheel back a little to reset the needle.

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 12:38:37 AM »
I think it will turn out to be him doing some "investigation" while they are bouncing around in time. Probable trying to figure out a way to make it stop.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 12:39:41 AM »
Could be, because he was hiding his identity.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 12:52:04 AM »
honesty with the help of his book he knows what time he has skipped into so he knows what to do.. which lead ne to beleve that the great bda thing that is going to happen is daniel bloeing out all that time behind that rock to create... or stop .. the time record skip from happening... like ben starting out in the desert you dont know how he got there til later,, i dont thin kwe will know daniels otives til later when the beginning of his scene starts there...

Offline jumbotron

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 02:51:36 AM »
I think the record/island will eventually stop skipping and they'll be stuck in 1975 (or whatever year that was)  The remaining losties/freighties will be forced to join/blend in with the DI.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 03:17:27 AM »
I think the record/island will eventually stop skipping and they'll be stuck in 1975 (or whatever year that was)  The remaining losties/freighties will be forced to join/blend in with the DI.

...agreed...

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 03:25:20 AM »
First of all, it was just so cool and so a Lost opening to see Daniel back then...definitely one of the omg moments for me.  I thought they were going for the whole Miles is Candles kid until that moment.  As for the question of did he travel before or not...who knows? I think he did, he is very well versed in the whole  phenomenon.   He is not a very labor intensive guy (ie drilling, digging, etc) so he was there for another purpose.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 03:33:09 AM »
I think Daniel at the Orchid in the past was merely him sneaking there during one of the time shifts.  I don't think he's quantum leaping around on his own or has been doing that in the past.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 03:35:22 AM »
True, I guess we'll find out in May during the finale! ;)

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 03:35:38 AM »

Yeah, I thought whether or not they could do a whole season of Juliet/Sawyer/Locke/Rose/Bernard dealing with time shifts, while the Red Shirts drop like flies around 'em.  They'd have to start jumping into the Cretaceous pretty soon to keep it fresh. Which is definitely why the notion that they'll stop in the DI era seems dead on.  There's no way that the O6 can be trundled back to an island that doesn't stop at the same time/space for longer than a span of hours.  Plus Mrs. Hawking got her 'Event Window Determined'.  But unless the O6 get there in time, such bad things will happen that god will have to help us all.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 08:16:25 AM »
I think Daniel at the Orchid in the past was merely him sneaking there during one of the time shifts.  I don't think he's quantum leaping around on his own or has been doing that in the past.
This is the way I'm leaning right now.  I'll probably change my mind when I'm inevitably proven wrong.

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 09:04:31 AM »
i'm pretty sure he was just doing some investigating while the time shifts were going on. the only other explanation would be that they assimilated with the DI, but he was still just doing some investigating either way. eventually though, he is going to tell pierre chang about the time travel stuff, as evidenced by the video

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 10:29:03 AM »
i think he's been time traveling before (outside of the skipping going on).  or maybe it's time traveling after.  this whole time travel thing has me confused. 

maybe after the skipping, they get off the island, yet he goes BACK to the island and BACK in time to "investigate" what causes it.