Author Topic: Daniel Appearance in the First scene  (Read 12700 times)

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Appearance in the First scene
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2009, 06:09:11 PM »
Well first of all, Desmond asked why he was banging on the door for 20 minutes. Second, I don't think that either Sawyer or Daniel were banging for that long, because Daniel was up in arms about how "If it didn't happen, it can't happen." So, I think that Daniel would have stopped banging on the door if no one opened it within a few minutes.

Speaking of Daniel, did anyone else notice that he seems to be way less scatter brained now?? He's not stammering as much, or stumbling over his words and thoughts. He seems really focused now. Wonder what the correlation between him time traveling and his clear headedness is.
I forgot all about that memory test Charlotte was giving him last season! Nice catch

i think he has been fine since he saw in his journal "if anything goes wrong Desmond hume will be my constant" they just never had enough of him in the show after that to show his new clarity
I think much of the fumbling & bumbling was from lying.  He's confident now that he's in his element, & he can be more forthcoming.

I agree. That was one of my favorite things about Daniel last season. He was the absolute WORST liar ever, so you could always tell when he was holding back the truth. You could still see it in this episode when Sawyer presses him for more information. Then when he starts explaining it, he is more confident and in his element.

I reckon that daniel was stuttery because he knew of the island and it's powers and potential, but could never tell anyone for the same reason. Keeping something as big as this a secret is bound to make him want to burst with his passion for science and stuff. (For example - it's like having a conversation with someone who loves spoilers when you hate them yourself!)

Now he's on the island and discovering his theories are true he can throw himself into the investigations without holding back. He's acting like a kid in a candy store, this is his life's work and every corner he turns he discovers he was right about it.

I believe Daniel will not only become more confident and strong willed - but will soon become 'leader' as a result.

or summat... ;)

I loved the a-ha moment when i sussed Desmond was his constant.. wonder who Charlotte's is? Surely the nosebleeds are because she hasn't found her constant yet? (probably answered in another thread - forgive me for duplicating...)

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2009, 09:50:24 PM »
Gee, well, OK then !  Guess I stand corrected! ! lol I too always thought that widmore gave her the pic but it never made sense to me how widmore knew that Desmond was on that island.  then when I saw last Wednesdays epi I thought, oh, Desmond and Dan have more of a history maybe Desmond gave it to him in the future for the past. Oh well then.  :-\

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2009, 10:12:04 PM »
So when we see Daniel before the Orchid is even built, how is he there.
Was this suppose to be from one of the time changes that they are experiences. Or has Daniel done time traveling on his own?
He sure seems to know a lot about it all of a sudden.
..all I can say is, Daniel Appearance in the First scene ...was freaky!!! I don't know what to say or think...

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2009, 11:29:46 PM »
Was this suppose to be from one of the time changes that they are experiences. Or has Daniel done time traveling on his own?
..all I can say is, Daniel Appearance in the First scene ...was freaky!!! I don't know what to say or think...
all will be made clear.... at the end of next season!

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2009, 01:16:26 AM »
some how I still don't believe that....lol

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2009, 01:23:06 AM »

OMG, I'm with you on that!

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2009, 01:33:54 AM »

OMG, I'm with you on that!
But honestly when I FIRST saw Daniel, one of my original thoughts was he was jumping around like Desmond did...could he be doing that, AND the island is also jumping around now? Would that mean Daniel was there before?

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2009, 01:47:40 AM »
my first thought when I saw him there was , that he was going back to the wheel to fix it. or fix the electrical box that they had to blow up in order to get to the wheel on the other side. and that maybe it was a time machine on a smaller scale, not big enough to move the island just people. but then I realized duh, candle was there so it had to be in the past. so i don't know , was he there before the wheel was turned or after and went back?! truthfully I'm not liking this time travel stuff very much anymore. and it's only been two episodes !

I do think that he is jumping time on his own. He would be the only one who knows how to do it if anyone.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2009, 02:42:29 AM »
my first thought when I saw him there was , that he was going back to the wheel to fix it. or fix the electrical box that they had to blow up in order to get to the wheel on the other side. and that maybe it was a time machine on a smaller scale, not big enough to move the island just people. but then I realized duh, candle was there so it had to be in the past. so i don't know , was he there before the wheel was turned or after and went back?! truthfully I'm not liking this time travel stuff very much anymore. and it's only been two episodes !

I do think that he is jumping time on his own. He would be the only one who knows how to do it if anyone.
That would be an interesting bit of speculation, Daniel can move through time, and has learned to control it "some what" but not entirely....could be part of his losing his memory thing...

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2009, 03:18:15 AM »
Why was Daniel hiding his face from Marvin Candle? Unless you think he was hiding his face from the Audience....but somehow I doubt that.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2009, 07:32:43 AM »
THe Dharma Initiative is a rather small group of people. I assume daniel was there on a time traveling jaunt and not a long time member. I figured he did not want to be recoginized as an outsider.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2009, 10:16:40 AM »
THe Dharma Initiative is a rather small group of people. I assume daniel was there on a time traveling jaunt and not a long time member. I figured he did not want to be recoginized as an outsider.

At least not by the higher up DHARMA officials. It seemed like he didn't care if the construction guys saw him.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2009, 11:39:13 AM »

That's what I thought, too.  He was time-jumping, and I bet this jump was after the Barracks Video was shot.  He knew Candle would recognize him from filming that, and so he hid his face.  I'm thinking the Barracks Video time-trip was planned/done rather hastily, as in "Oops, these guys are gonna get wiped out!  I'd better get back there and try to correct that!" and then later when he realizes there are 'restrictions' or whatever on what can be changed, he's being more careful with his time-trips -- trying not to be recognized, trying to gather information.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2009, 12:27:54 PM »
I think we are on to something...

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2009, 12:43:33 PM »
I do too like that idea
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon