Author Topic: Why is Juliet behaving in time like the rest of the Others?  (Read 4719 times)

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Juliet behaving in time like the rest of the Others?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 10:32:23 PM »
Don't forget the jump during the Dan-Des conversation. This is when they were teleported to the 50s/60s.

Offline Thomas

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 10:33:05 PM »
I did the same thing with the flashes.   Here's a few comments to your points:
First off, I'm using the assumption that both groups are shifting at the same time and to the same place in time.   So when the island shifts, both groups are in the same time.   I think that's what you are saying, but I just wanted to clarify.    I don't think there are any independant time travelers in this.   When one goes they all do.

1)   We know Yemi's plane crashed at least a few years prior to the Oceanic Crash.   Since Ethan came out of the woods dressed like a "townie", I'm guessing it was after the purge.   He was probably sent by Ben, just as he was sent to infiltrate the 815 survivors.    When he saw Locke climbing, he didn't know who he was, but he probably guessed he wasn't from the plane.   Maybe he would have shot any survivors since there were so few and they were all criminals.     I do think Ethan related the event to Ben, Ethan, Etc.   I picture people like Ben or Widmore gathering this kind of data and piecing it together with their knowlege that people can travel in time.    This may have been how Ben and Richard knew Locke would be the leader one day.    Ethan heard it, and told them, then they filled in the blanks later.

2) A) Richard knew where to go and what to do because at some point in time Locke will Jump to an earlier time, present the compass to Richard and tell him what to do.   My guess is that it will be a time prior to the plane crash again.    It will be more evidence to Ben and Richard that He's going to be their leader.   Locke may tell them a lot more than "meet me and fix the bullet", he may also tell Ben who is going to be on the plane, but I don't think so.   I think Ben got that info after the fact.    He may only have a short time to tell him there was a crash.   The funny thing about the compass is that Locke will give it to Richard, so He will have it to give back to him in the future.  

3) I believe when Daniel came to the Island and Desmond saw him he said...."do I know you?"   I think now we know the answer is yes...He saw him at the hatch.    We'd have to go back and check, but I think this was also right  after Desmond blew the hatch and was deterioriating, I don't think he had talked to his constant yet.    So this means that Daniel could talk to Desmond because Daniel did talk to Desmond.   Desmond kind of remembered it, but was a bit scatterbrained before getting to talk to his constant.

4)  There was another flash that you left out.   While Desmond was talking to Daniel, there was another flash that put the Island back in time again.   We know this because the camp was gone again.   Since the Swan hatch is only about 15 minutes from the beach camp, and he didn't talk to Desmond for long, it probably happened right as Sawyer and the other got back to the beach (close but no cigar).   Daniel was then had about an hour and 1/2 to do some exploring in this past time before he got back to the beach.    i don't think He could have gotten to the Orchid and back because it took Locke all day to get back in the nick of time to save Sawyer.    I'm sure Daniel was up to something,  and at one point when they shift to the right time he'll sneak in to the orchid, but first he'll have to be able to find it.  He didn't even know where the Hatch was, but I'm sure Locke or someone will get him to the orchid around shift time.    I think this time was pre-Dharma because of the old style military uniforms.   My guess is Widmore controlled the Island but know Dharma yet.     Was he working with Dharma?   Is the purge where Ben took it from him or did Dharma take it from him?   Not really sure on that one.   One last thought:  When Locke rescues Saywer he hits two guys in the face with rocks, then Sawer jumps the third.   When the Machete guy gets back up, Locke gets him with a knife.    That means the soldier named Jones and maybe the other guy are still alive.   Maybe they will will have some interesting info in an upcoming episode.   Maybe they will tell others about their encounter with Locke, which will feed more into the "John Locke" legend that will carry forward on the island.  OK, really one last thought.   I noticed in the trailer that there were military guys capturing people and they were holding both guns and bows.   So maybe it was the military guys that shot the flaming arrows too.

That's my thinking.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 10:40:47 AM »
Good points.  Welcome to the forum.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 03:45:22 PM »
1)   We know Yemi's plane crashed at least a few years prior to the Oceanic Crash.   Since Ethan came out of the woods dressed like a "townie", I'm guessing it was after the purge.   He was probably sent by Ben, just as he was sent to infiltrate the 815 survivors.    When he saw Locke climbing, he didn't know who he was, but he probably guessed he wasn't from the plane.  I got the distinct impression that Ethan didn't believe Locke when he said that he wasn't from the plane.   Maybe he would have shot any survivors since there were so few and they were all criminals.     I do think Ethan related the event to Ben, Ethan, Etc.   I picture people like Ben or Widmore gathering this kind of data and piecing it together with their knowlege that people can travel in time.    This may have been how Ben and Richard knew Locke would be the leader one day.    Ethan heard it, and told them, then they filled in the blanks later.

2) A) Richard knew where to go and what to do because at some point in time Locke will Jump to an earlier time, present the compass to Richard and tell him what to do.   My guess is that it will be a time prior to the plane crash again.    It will be more evidence to Ben and Richard that He's going to be their leader.   Locke may tell them a lot more than "meet me and fix the bullet", he may also tell Ben who is going to be on the plane, but I don't think so.   I think Ben got that info after the fact.    He may only have a short time to tell him there was a crash.   The funny thing about the compass is that Locke will give it to Richard, so He will have it to give back to him in the future.   It's funny too, how although you'd think that Richard & Co. would know that all of this HAD to transpire (destiny), but that they've been trying to get Locke all of his life.

Offline Chuckie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 09:25:25 PM »
Remember that Vaccine (http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Vaccine#DHARMA) that Desmond was taking, and they injected into Claire, and Aaron, and all new Dharma arrivals got? Maybe it was a vaccine to prevent the time-jumping? '

Just a thought, I don't know anything.

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2009, 09:34:04 PM »
Thomas, the only thing I don't agree with is that Dan is Desmond's constant. We know from "the constant" that Penny is his constant. But Desmond could be Dans constant.  But I think everything else you said is very interesting!

Oh and Chuckie, thoughts are encouraged here! and it was a good thought at that!

Welcome to sledgeweb!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 09:37:11 PM by Mrs Hume »

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 09:54:28 AM »
Perhaps the people who are not affected by the time tripping (Others who were with Locke) even though they saw and experienced the same flash are immune to its effect because they are from other times already and/or they died to get to The Island

This would explain why they can't get pregnant.

Offline Will H

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 08:44:33 AM »
Remember that Vaccine (http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Vaccine#DHARMA) that Desmond was taking, and they injected into Claire, and Aaron, and all new Dharma arrivals got? Maybe it was a vaccine to prevent the time-jumping? '

Wasn't the Vaccine that Claire and Arron got to do with Claire being pregnant?

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 12:11:19 PM »

yes.  it was supposed to keep her baby from getting the sickness, if i remember correctly.

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 12:38:08 PM »
yeah but Desmond was taking something everyday too. So this could be valid. Although he still was effected by time travel.Maybe it would have been worse if he didn't take the shots. also, his partner told him it was to protect him from the outside but he could have been lying.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 12:40:33 PM by Mrs Hume »

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 12:42:42 PM »
yeah but Desmond was taking something everyday too. So this could be valid. Although he still was effected by time travel.Maybe it would have been worse if he didn't take the shots. also, his partner told him it was to protect him from the outside but he could have been lying.
i think the partner was lying, i think the shots were nothing.  i think it was another of dharma's experiements on human behavior.

Offline Will H

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2009, 04:29:32 PM »

yes.  it was supposed to keep her baby from getting the sickness, if i remember correctly.

Sorry i didnt mean Vaccine, i ment wasnt the drugs Claire was taking something to with why women were dying when the gave birth, and nothing to do with the "illness" that Des was taking it for

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2009, 07:56:46 PM »
Juliet, Ethan, & the rest of the fertility/ obstetrical team seemed to have some sort of protocol in place for pregnant women whether or not they had conceived on the Island, BUT Claire's may have also been related to her implant.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2009, 10:45:32 PM »

She is jumping like the Losties instead.
How do we know everyone from the original time isnt jumping through time, how do we know when Richard said, he might not recognize him, he meant the other old time Richard, and he was the original time Richard, just had something else to go do.

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2009, 11:50:16 PM »
i think that richard said that locke was the one that dissapeared, and that richard and the others didn't move at all..,