Author Topic: Raise Him and Bring Him Back mean something else?  (Read 9981 times)

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Raise Him and Bring Him Back mean something else?
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2009, 03:57:17 PM »
I'm thinking we're all SUPPOSED to think it's Aaron...or even Locke...who they aren't to dare to bring back - but ultimately it's BEN the Island doesn't want to return.  He was sort of banished via donkey wheel, yes?  Ben wants back on the Island and will use the O6 to get there. 

THANK YOU!!! it took 3 pages of this thread for ANYONE to share in my theory that Claire wasnt taling about Aaron, or Locke... i think shes angry and tellign kate not to bring Ben back... nobody even hinted at that point... but i completely agree...

i also agree that charlie's message to hugo wasnt understood by hugo, but he was passing along a message... any maybe in telling jack he didnt say it word for word but paraphrased it and maybe changed what he was meant to say without knowing becacuse, like all of us, he assumed what the message meant when it said "him".

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2009, 03:59:40 PM »
Don't forget about Christian. He has a play in this. Would not be the first time "christian" was raised to save a world

TEchnically it would be the first time a Christian was raised to save the world.. if you are referenceing the Christian Jesus... he was actually Hebrew. Christianity is the religion for him, didnt show up until later in time... so Juggy technically that statement is moot.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2009, 04:05:33 PM »
Jeff Jensen posted an interesting theory last week.

Claire tells Kate "Don't you dare bring him BACK"

Hurley informs Jack that dead Charlie told him "You are not suppose to RAISE hime."

We all assumed they are talking about Aaron, but what if they really mean John Locke. Don't bring him BACK from the dead and don"t RAISE Locke from the dead.

I liked this theory a lot. I think he may be onto something here!

There's totally something here - more biblical parallels to be sure. Raise him from the dead. Locke had to die to save them. It's just like the story of Jesus in the bible. Ben is cast away from the island by Jacob, our God-like character that cannot be seen and sends apparitions to people, and God cast down the devil... there's too much to type but you see where I am going, yes? It's all there.

Okay, if Jacob is the God, then who is the devil, and how did he cast him down??

are you serious??? do u even watch the show? if jacob is God then obviously Ben woudl be the devil... judged by his character not even the intent for his actions... just the fac that he was the 2nd in command to jacob and was cast out of paradise. tho... Widmore was also cast out of paradise... by ben... so ben might be god. who says god is supposed to be this all good being people hype him up to be... look at all the crap the christian god allows... the christian god is just an immature spoiled little kid with a magnifying glass and an anthill...

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2009, 05:03:31 PM »

Hurley informs Jack that dead Charlie told him "You are not suppose to RAISE hime."

We all assumed they are talking about Aaron, but what if they really mean John Locke. Don't bring him BACK from the dead and don"t RAISE Locke from the dead.

There's totally something here - more biblical parallels to be sure. Raise him from the dead. Locke had to die to save them. It's just like the story of Jesus in the bible. Ben is cast away from the island by Jacob, our God-like character that cannot be seen and sends apparitions to people, and God cast down the devil... there's too much to type but you see where I am going, yes? It's all there.

Okay, if Jacob is the God, then who is the devil, and how did he cast him down??

are you serious??? do u even watch the show? if jacob is God then obviously Ben woudl be the devil... judged by his character not even the intent for his actions... just the fac that he was the 2nd in command to jacob and was cast out of paradise. tho... Widmore was also cast out of paradise... by ben... so ben might be god. who says god is supposed to be this all good being people hype him up to be... look at all the crap the christian god allows... the christian god is just an immature spoiled little kid with a magnifying glass and an anthill...

See?? That's why I asked.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2009, 07:16:55 PM »
word

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2009, 12:00:40 PM »
word

The funny thing is that when ever my friend asks something about LOST that seems so obvious to me, I always say the same thing about watching the show, even though we always watch it together. Laughs and hilarity then abound.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2009, 02:39:58 AM »
*sigh*  You guys are like the bloody rock gods of LOST, huh.  ;D

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2009, 03:40:40 AM »

That just about made my brain explode with swirling LOST thoughts...OMB....OMB.....OMB....OMB...

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2009, 10:58:25 AM »
*sigh*  You guys are like the bloody rock gods of LOST, huh.  ;D

We only make it look easy PL.