Author Topic: Raise Him and Bring Him Back mean something else?  (Read 11120 times)

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
Re: Raise Him and Bring Him Back mean something else?
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2009, 12:54:17 PM »
only b/c them that hold the keys to the souped up Ford have made a point in the past to take these things into consideration... to not consider it would be like trying to use a socket set with out the wrench...
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2009, 09:07:19 PM »
Don't forget about Christian. He has a play in this. Would not be the first time "christian" was raised to save a world

Not only that, but a Christian "Shephard" to boot!  (notwithstanding the spelling...)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2009, 11:39:51 AM »
IMHO, I think you guys are reading WAY too much into the "Christian" thing.
why?  the whole lost series has had Christianity laced right through it.  some blatant, some not so much.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2009, 01:32:59 PM »
I'm thinking we're all SUPPOSED to think it's Aaron...or even Locke...who they aren't to dare to bring back - but ultimately it's BEN the Island doesn't want to return.  He was sort of banished via donkey wheel, yes?  Ben wants back on the Island and will use the O6 to get there. 

I'm still not convinced of this.  We only have Ben's word for that "rule," remember, and we all know how good that is.  Ben sure seems to be preparing to return to the island.

It goes back again to the definition of "rule."  Is it something that can't be broken, or something that shouldn't be broken.  (Like Widmore "broke the rules" when Keamy killed Alex.)  At first, I took what Ben said to Locke about not being able to come back to the island as meaning that you couldn't, as opposed to shouldn't.  But then I thought about it a minute and decided never to believe Ben anyway.   :)

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2009, 09:37:42 PM »
"Are you happy now Jacob?" makes me think it's permanent he gets punted off the island.  I think he plans on riding the coat tails of the O-6 to get back.

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2009, 12:50:21 AM »
i will laugh if the O-6 and ben are going to the island, and somehow ben gets left behind lol

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2009, 01:29:23 AM »
Yeah but...
1.  We still don't know exactly what Christian/Jacob said to Locke in the cabin.
2.  We don't know how Ben knows what to do...
3.  What if Kate's dream was...oh I dunno...just a dream?
4.  We don't know who of the Foundies Locke contacted or exactly what he said to them.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2009, 03:50:21 PM »
Yeah but...
1.  We still don't know exactly what Christian/Jacob said to Locke in the cabin.
2.  We don't know how Ben knows what to do...
3.  What if Kate's dream was...oh I dunno...just a dream?
4.  We don't know who of the Foundies Locke contacted or exactly what he said to them.

I thought it was established that Locke had contacted everyone except for Sun (that we know of).

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2009, 05:14:18 PM »
Jeff Jensen posted an interesting theory last week.

Claire tells Kate "Don't you dare bring him BACK"

Hurley informs Jack that dead Charlie told him "You are not suppose to RAISE hime."

We all assumed they are talking about Aaron, but what if they really mean John Locke. Don't bring him BACK from the dead and don"t RAISE Locke from the dead.

I liked this theory a lot. I think he may be onto something here!

There's totally something here - more biblical parallels to be sure. Raise him from the dead. Locke had to die to save them. It's just like the story of Jesus in the bible. Ben is cast away from the island by Jacob, our God-like character that cannot be seen and sends apparitions to people, and God cast down the devil... there's too much to type but you see where I am going, yes? It's all there.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2009, 05:18:33 PM »
Jeff Jensen posted an interesting theory last week.

Claire tells Kate "Don't you dare bring him BACK"

Hurley informs Jack that dead Charlie told him "You are not suppose to RAISE hime."

We all assumed they are talking about Aaron, but what if they really mean John Locke. Don't bring him BACK from the dead and don"t RAISE Locke from the dead.

I liked this theory a lot. I think he may be onto something here!

There's totally something here - more biblical parallels to be sure. Raise him from the dead. Locke had to die to save them. It's just like the story of Jesus in the bible. Ben is cast away from the island by Jacob, our God-like character that cannot be seen and sends apparitions to people, and God cast down the devil... there's too much to type but you see where I am going, yes? It's all there.

Okay, if Jacob is the God, then who is the devil, and how did he cast him down??

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2009, 05:21:21 PM »
sorry I did not complete my thought... Ben was cast off by Jacob, he represents the devil-like character in the story... can't tell if he's good or bad, but when it comes down to it, he's bad and full of temptations... that's why Sayid says not to listen to him.

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2009, 05:28:13 PM »

I thought it was established that Locke had contacted everyone except for Sun (that we know of).

Precisely, we don't know if he contacted Sun, or Desmond (or Penny) for that matter...and we don't know exactly what it was he said to any of them.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
"Dont you dare bring him back......"
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2009, 02:11:52 AM »
ok hey... this is a lazy moment on my part... but when Claire says to Kate in her dream "Dont bring him back Kate, dont you dare bring him back!!" ... i always assumed Claire was speaking of Aarron because she was just sitting with him... but its LOST. "him" can be any of the him's that came back, or havent... i cant believe i let this one slip.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2009, 09:31:34 AM »
We already have discusses this.

Offline Harry Erickson

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2009, 11:11:17 AM »
No it doesnt make sense, jack or kate has no way of raising Lockeand if you say that by going to the island they revived him then why did hurley go?