Author Topic: Raise Him and Bring Him Back mean something else?  (Read 10668 times)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Raise Him and Bring Him Back mean something else?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 08:45:39 PM »
Still waiting on a front page comment from you!!!

Doc Jensen clairified his point that we are talking about. He believes they are talking about not raising Christian Shepard from the dead. He theorizes that Christian is living between life and death. If Jack choosed one road Christian will live, if Jack does something different Christian will stay dead.

Is that a general "you" or where you waiting for a specific person ???

yes

Yes to both?  Sorry not following you or maybe that is the intention! Nice articles :D

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2009, 12:21:19 AM »
Still waiting on a front page comment from you!!!

Doc Jensen clairified his point that we are talking about. He believes they are talking about not raising Christian Shepard from the dead. He theorizes that Christian is living between life and death. If Jack choosed one road Christian will live, if Jack does something different Christian will stay dead.

Is that a general "you" or where you waiting for a specific person ???

yes

Yes to both?  Sorry not following you or maybe that is the intention! Nice articles :D
yes

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2009, 09:21:31 AM »
I like this idea, but so that means they are still going to bring back Aaron, I have a question though, what about the NEW baby, Sun's baby?  I still think they should go ahead and kill Sun off to and carry HER body back with Locke's they could end up with a cargo plane full of dead people.  I guess that will be how Zombie Season gets started, the dead people cargo plane will crash and POOF, here comes zombies!

Now here is an idea I can cotton with...hehehe...Romero can direct that epi, then we can resurrect Tura Satana and do a Faster Pussycat/AstroZombies angle...

Now to do the smart thing, am off to read El Jefe Juggy's articles now before I slide down the slippery slope of silliness...
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 12:39:34 PM »
In my opinion, this has to be about Aaron. Mainly because of Claire being in his room when she tells Kate, but also because if Charlie knew that Jack was coming to see Hurley, he must have known that Sayid was coming too. I know that doesn't seem that important, but if the message was about Locke being raised from the dead, then Hurley would have been told by Charlie to tell all of the O6 not to raise him. Since the message was for Jack, he has to mean Aaron.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 03:24:30 PM »
I like this idea, but so that means they are still going to bring back Aaron, I have a question though, what about the NEW baby, Sun's baby?  I still think they should go ahead and kill Sun off to and carry HER body back with Locke's they could end up with a cargo plane full of dead people.  I guess that will be how Zombie Season gets started, the dead people cargo plane will crash and POOF, here comes zombies!

Now here is an idea I can cotton with...hehehe...Romero can direct that epi, then we can resurrect Tura Satana and do a Faster Pussycat/AstroZombies angle...

Now to do the smart thing, am off to read El Jefe Juggy's articles now before I slide down the slippery slope of silliness...
I think you passed Silliness a few exits ago. :D   But that's one reason why we love you. :)

In my opinion, this has to be about Aaron. Mainly because of Claire being in his room when she tells Kate, but also because if Charlie knew that Jack was coming to see Hurley, he must have known that Sayid was coming too. I know that doesn't seem that important, but if the message was about Locke being raised from the dead, then Hurley would have been told by Charlie to tell all of the O6 not to raise him. Since the message was for Jack, he has to mean Aaron.
I'm with you until we hear that message being conveyed to any of the other 06-ers.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2009, 03:46:57 PM »
I'm with you until we hear that message being conveyed to any of the other 06-ers.

Oh, absolutely. I'm with me until I hear that too. LOL

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 04:16:55 PM »
Or did Hurley misinterpret the message in the same way we have?

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009, 04:23:07 PM »
is there something about these apparition soothsayers not being able to get to the point and say things plainly?

then this would all make some sort of convoluted twirly whirly sense....
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009, 04:45:21 PM »
Or did Hurley misinterpret the message in the same way we have?

Well, it seemed to me that hurley didn't interperet it really, he just asked Jack, "You think he means Aaron??" Hurley just delivered the message.

Offline Harry Erickson

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2009, 06:42:55 AM »
Good theory but its charlie, it would make more sense hes talking about aaron

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2009, 10:15:36 AM »
But this is all convoluted by the fact that it was Richard that told Locke that he had to die in order to get to the O6 and get them to come back.  If it was just Ben scheming to find a trick way to get back, ok we'd understand that.  That's Ben.  He lies.  Don't raise him warning means don't raise Locke, don't come back.

But Ben and Richard are on the outs.  Locke is the leader now, and Richard is the faithful follower/adviser.  The fact that Leader Locke is "out of sinc" with the island now prompts Richard to take this unorthodox move of purposefully having his leader die so they all can live (a rather Christian approach to things, no?)

So we have both Ben and Richard working towards the same end.  Who is against this?  Widmore!  So all agents working against "the return" are working for or influenced by Widmore.

Offline redcrow1973

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2009, 12:45:47 PM »
I'm thinking we're all SUPPOSED to think it's Aaron...or even Locke...who they aren't to dare to bring back - but ultimately it's BEN the Island doesn't want to return.  He was sort of banished via donkey wheel, yes?  Ben wants back on the Island and will use the O6 to get there. 

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2009, 12:47:47 PM »
Don't forget about Christian. He has a play in this. Would not be the first time "christian" was raised to save a world

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2009, 12:48:58 PM »
But this is all convoluted by the fact that it was Richard that told Locke that he had to die in order to get to the O6 and get them to come back.  If it was just Ben scheming to find a trick way to get back, ok we'd understand that.  That's Ben.  He lies.  Don't raise him warning means don't raise Locke, don't come back.

But Ben and Richard are on the outs.  Locke is the leader now, and Richard is the faithful follower/adviser.  The fact that Leader Locke is "out of sinc" with the island now prompts Richard to take this unorthodox move of purposefully having his leader die so they all can live (a rather Christian approach to things, no?)

So we have both Ben and Richard working towards the same end.  Who is against this?  Widmore!  So all agents working against "the return" are working for or influenced by Widmore.
i'm so glad you're back!  i love everything you said. 

i hadn't even thought about the "Christ"ian approach.  so locke must die so that everyone else must live.

Offline redcrow1973

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2009, 12:50:10 PM »
IMHO, I think you guys are reading WAY too much into the "Christian" thing.