Author Topic: Raise Him and Bring Him Back mean something else?  (Read 9984 times)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Raise Him and Bring Him Back mean something else?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 08:47:32 PM »
Glad we're discussing this interesting theory!

What makes it plausible is that in neither comment from Claire or Hurley do they reference Aaron's name - only "him."  Maybe Ben is telling Jack to bring Locke back to the Island because it is part of his sinister master plan somehow?  Maybe the Island doesn't want (or need) Locke back, but Ben is manipulating Jack to do so for some reason.  Claire and Charlie (through Hurley) are warning Jack and Kate.  And remember - Ben always has a plan.

In something nice back home when Jack visits Hurley and shares that he is living with Kate feeding the baby etc. Hurley says, I thought you didn't want to see him.  Then Jack said after the hearing he changed his mind.  Then Hurley shares the fact that charlie sits with him and speaks to him and gave him a message. You're not suppose to raise him Jack.  And Hurley asks Jack if he thinks Charlie means Aaron.  Jack is disturbed by all of this, so if there is another person he is not suppose to raise it is a new character.  BUT Jack at this point knows that is his nephew.  I still am not sure if Kate knows this, but it falls into place with what the physic said.  Of course we don't know who is not suppose to raise him, but in this instance I am going with the raising as that of a raising of a child.  When Jack gets home he questions Kate if he really is good with Aaron (ie: being a parent)  then asks her to marry him.  Later when he finds out she helped Sawyer they fought and he says you are not even related to him, so I imagine at this point Kate knows Aaron is his nephew.

Well, Kate (refering to Aaron) as I have to get back to him at the end of season three, so we thought it was someone else.  Claire was specific to Kate as do not bring him back,meaning her child.  guess we could speculate, but why would a mother hold her child and tell Kate not to bring him back? 

I also do not believe Claire is dead.  Agree she left the baby in an odd place, but somehow it appeared he was left in a "safe" place.  I think she was hypnotized or dazed but whatever the situation she recognized her Father and he must have had something compelling for her to leave her child.  I don't think she was "dead".   But whatever he told her it allowed her not to bring Aaron!

I think they use the word Him as a teaser, something to string our minds along.  let us face we are addicted.

Ben has to have a plan!  Otherwise we might be flopping around the island with Locke ;)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 09:01:35 PM by Lil »

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 09:46:08 PM »
I just can't stop thinking that they shot an RPG at the house which exploded and came down on her.  All or most things will become clearer soon enough though.

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 10:17:04 PM »
Great points, LiL, especially the context of Hurley's conversation with Jack being quite clearly about Aaron and Claire saying those things to Kate while holding Aaron in her arms.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 06:36:50 AM »
E.S.B.  as with most things taken out of context you can interpret anything.  That is why i went back to see that episode.  I knew they were talking about something and it was Jack's conversation with Kate that brings me to a conclusion that it is Aaron.  If I am wrong I will admit it  ;)  btw thanks

Asmo not sure if you have been reading any of the front page articles but there is some insight to who is where in show.  A ruse perhaps but at this juncture I am holding that she is not "dead". 

Agreed that there could be more information in the end, but we know she is on hold this season.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 08:55:35 AM »
That's usually my first stop Lil.  I go with the simplest explanation is usually the best.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 09:32:33 AM »
E.S.B.  as with most things taken out of context you can interpret anything.  That is why i went back to see that episode.  I knew they were talking about something and it was Jack's conversation with Kate that brings me to a conclusion that it is Aaron.  If I am wrong I will admit it  ;)  btw thanks

Asmo not sure if you have been reading any of the front page articles but there is some insight to who is where in show.  A ruse perhaps but at this juncture I am holding that she is not "dead". 

Agreed that there could be more information in the end, but we know she is on hold this season.
Everyone should read the front page articles!!!

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 09:44:26 AM »
I often forget about the front page - I only ever go straight to the forum pages. Mebbe you could stick a front page thread in there?

lol

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 10:23:07 AM »
Still waiting on a front page comment from you!!!

Doc Jensen clairified his point that we are talking about. He believes they are talking about not raising Christian Shepard from the dead. He theorizes that Christian is living between life and death. If Jack choosed one road Christian will live, if Jack does something different Christian will stay dead.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 01:03:02 PM »
OH I am going to read that article right now!!

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 04:32:11 PM »
I'm on board with Jensen about it being Locke.  I think those quotes are not referring to Aaron.  Yes, the context points there, but it's just too easy.  (Then again, I'm prime Dharma meat; I'll believe any wacko conspiracy theory anyone throws out there...)

Yes, Hurley assumed it was about Aaron because he doesn't know about Locke being dead, but the quote originated with Dead Charlie.  Dead Charlie is probably... someone else?  the Island?  speaking.  "It" knows about Locke (or Christian, whichever, but I'm going to stick with Locke because I don't want him dead and I want them to "bring him back" which clearly they will have to do if that quote is to mean anything... LOL!)

Also, we assume Aaron just because Dreaming-Kate and Dream-Generated-Claire are in Aaron's room at the time.  However, it could be that DGClaire is just having a little visit with Aaron, while at the same time delivering the message of "don't bring him back." 

I don't know... it just goes in with a long-held theory of mine that "ghosts" (for lack of a better term) aren't always that great at being specific in their communications.  They have a limited window, and can't or don't take the time to be as long-winded and specific as I tend to be...   :-[

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 05:56:31 PM »

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 06:11:23 PM »

Doc Jensen clairified his point that we are talking about. He believes they are talking about not raising Christian Shepard from the dead. He theorizes that Christian is living between life and death. If Jack choosed one road Christian will live, if Jack does something different Christian will stay dead.

Is that a general "you" or where you waiting for a specific person ???

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 06:30:01 PM »
I had read something that fit that video wasn't going to say anything here not sure if it was considered spoilerish and anyway.  I had a feeling and now once again confirmed.  I won't boast, it just helps to know I was on the right track ;D

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 07:21:52 PM »

Is that a general "you" or where you waiting for a specific person ???

yes

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 08:40:49 PM »
I like this idea, but so that means they are still going to bring back Aaron, I have a question though, what about the NEW baby, Sun's baby?  I still think they should go ahead and kill Sun off to and carry HER body back with Locke's they could end up with a cargo plane full of dead people.  I guess that will be how Zombie Season gets started, the dead people cargo plane will crash and POOF, here comes zombies!