Author Topic: Why did they never talk??  (Read 12449 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Why did they never talk??
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 06:05:43 PM »
It would not have to be the focus but just have people walking by in the background. One guy doing some dishes, another person coming out of the shower etc.

Offline nejsitsol

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 06:10:18 PM »
It would not have to be the focus but just have people walking by in the background. One guy doing some dishes, another person coming out of the shower etc.
So can I agree with Juggy in this thread too?  Because I always wondered why the other people never have anything to say or just wander around in packs......They could mention something like....so and so is taking over laundry duties or so and so went to get some water.....You know there were other people on the island.  :P

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 09:05:18 PM »

I believe we are all agreeing, but why they didn't is now another island writer mystery!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 10:24:18 PM »
Some of it is likely cost. No extras is cheaper for abc.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 10:31:26 PM »

Yes, their cost for writers was higher! :D

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 10:32:55 PM »

Yes, their cost for writers was higher! :D
They were not spending it on writing dialogue

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 01:37:30 AM »
I think extras who have speaking parts get paid more than silent extras.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 07:17:36 PM »
What I meant was they were paying high salaries on the writers and not the writing or any of the continuity of the content. 

Well, there is always the possibility that they have the what me missed on LOST after the season finale!

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 08:43:23 PM »
Remember what happened when the writers came out of the blue and gave some "background" people too much dialogue?  lol   ;D

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 09:58:55 PM »
The back ground people did not have to talk, they would just be seen in the background doing stuff in the hatch.

I want the main losties to talk to each other.

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 02:30:22 AM »
In the spirit of your thread Jugs, this is the very thing that makes me NOT want to watch LOST anymore. I mean people are sleeping in the dirt and the hatch is a secret? Showers, laundry, etc? And Claire being pregnant and not having any kind of priority for the hatch, even after having her newborn, irritates me, b/c a beach is CLEARLY he best place to keep a newborn. GAH! Even when the food first arrived everyone was so... I don't know.. weird about it. I hated when the button wasn't pushed and the huge beam of light happened and they all majestically looked up in the air and no one was like, "WTF JUST HAPPENED!!???" Everyone got over it within minutes.

But ok maybe I'm ranting  ::) But I totally get what you're saying and agree whole heartedly

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 02:31:44 AM »
I think extras who have speaking parts get paid more than silent extras.

You're exactly right SOL. My hubby used to do background work and he said that in some scenes they had to lip sinc like they were talking but not really talking.  And he said that if you actually got a speaking line, even one word, they paid you a lot more!!! 

Or maybe, just MAYBE all the other people on the island became mute after the crash.  Or maybe they were already mute...it was a Mute Convention or something. Yeah. I'm reaching....

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 11:15:57 AM »
I watched 2.5 last night and Rose did say that she does not want to return to the hatch because it creeps her out. This might of been there way of telling us why others don't go to the hatch.

Still love the show.

Offline nejsitsol

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 11:19:12 AM »
I watched 2.5 last night and Rose did say that she does not want to return to the hatch because it creeps her out. This might of been there way of telling us why others don't go to the hatch.

Still love the show.

Thanks Jug- amazing the little subtle hints we need, but sometimes miss, that makes it all make sense!  :)

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2009, 05:29:23 PM »
I don't hate the show, but it's not perfect. I'm just waiting for more continuity and answers per se. If this season coming up is a let down, I'm not that big of a fan I guess b/c I will be ticked off  :-\ But I have normal hopes if not high hopes and the little things like you mention, Jug, are things I need to be reminded of!!! So thanks!  :)