Author Topic: O6 Season 5 lie  (Read 6317 times)

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: O6 Season 5 lie
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2009, 07:03:22 PM »
I think they picked those three because they knew - for 100% sure - that they were confirmed dead.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 08:27:25 PM »
That is a logical answer

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 09:47:43 AM »
It was cute to see the petition for the Charlie Pace Memorial on the Oceanic 6 conspiracy documentary

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 09:49:18 AM »
It was cute to see the petition for the Charlie Pace Memorial on the Oceanic 6 conspiracy documentary

yes!! I thought that was a great touch!

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 07:29:24 PM »
I think they picked those three because they knew - for 100% sure - that they were confirmed dead.
"We're going to lie about 3,729 other things, but let's get this one right!" lol  jk....I agree. :)

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2009, 11:00:34 PM »
"We're going to lie about 3,729 other things, but let's get this one right!" lol  jk....I agree. :)

LOL   :)

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2009, 10:39:47 AM »
Well, we'll know for sure tonight why they picked who they picked. The thing that I always tend to forget about the show is that there are things that happen in between events. I know that sounds stupid to say, but when you watch the show, and they show us that Jack, Sayid, Kate, and Juliette all leave "New Otherton" and arrive at the beach camp, I always forget that there was a long walk that took place in between them leaving and arriving. So tonight we'll get to see and hear what happened in between them getting rescued by Penny and getting on the plane that brings them home.

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 09:39:10 AM »
Thanks PL,

Here is also an angle I was pondering.

Q: How do you do you get 6+ people to walk away from the peices of their lives that they have struggled so hard to regain?
A: You expose them as fruads.

Q: Who would have the motivation and means to expose the O6.
A: Ben

Q: Why would Ben risk exposing the O6?
A: Exposing the O6 could essentially send them into hiding. Imagine the lawsuits and media circus surrounding such a huge cover up. All Ben would have to do is pick up the peices.

My thinking was that Ben sent the lawyers to Kate's house to motivate her to go back to the island.  Makes sense.  Who else would know that Aaron is not Kate's and bring it up three years later?

Offline Matt_at_TSH

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2009, 10:40:29 AM »
@Mommainternet

I agree. Ben is already manipulating Sayid. Jack is good to go. Kate just needs an excuse to run. Hurley is proving to be difficult. Sun will prove to be the most difficult untill Ben drops the "Jin" bomb on her. Ben is doing the same thing he always does... manipulate.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2009, 02:40:00 PM »
@Mommainternet

I agree. Ben is already manipulating Sayid. Jack is good to go. Kate just needs an excuse to run. Hurley is proving to be difficult. Sun will prove to be the most difficult untill Ben drops the "Jin" bomb on her. Ben is doing the same thing he always does... manipulate.
Good call!

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2009, 03:55:13 PM »
Thanks PL,

Here is also an angle I was pondering.

Q: How do you do you get 6+ people to walk away from the peices of their lives that they have struggled so hard to regain?
A: You expose them as fruads.

Q: Who would have the motivation and means to expose the O6.
A: Ben

Q: Why would Ben risk exposing the O6?
A: Exposing the O6 could essentially send them into hiding. Imagine the lawsuits and media circus surrounding such a huge cover up. All Ben would have to do is pick up the peices.

My thinking was that Ben sent the lawyers to Kate's house to motivate her to go back to the island.  Makes sense.  Who else would know that Aaron is not Kate's and bring it up three years later?

my thoughts exactly. I also thought that Ben was behind sayid getting drugged. so they could bring him back to the island. because for some reason, sayid isn't on Ben's side anymore. i wonder what happened there.

Offline eelpie62

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2009, 06:00:30 PM »
re: the eleven month pregnancy, time flows differently off the island than it does on. I've said this in another thread, but it seems they could easily add a plot point that the O6 got off the island earlier than they "really" did. Do we know the date that the O6 were found and returned? We assume that it's in the first couple of weeks of 2005 but has that been confirmed?
The one hole in this theory is the calander in The Constant where it seems like the "right" number of days are crossed off. Chronologically I think the O6 escape/Island move happen right around New Year's Day 2005. Des calls Penny on X-mas eve 2004.
Still, though, there's the missle that takes 45 minutes to make a 3 minute fight from frieghter to island. Also, the doc washes ashore with a slashed throat while he's still alive on the frieghter, depending on one's point of view. It's those pieces of info that make me think there's a way to explain Sun's DOC vs delivery problem.
In another way, it could come out that since the helicopter was flying near to (but apparently not "in the radius of") the island there could have been some kind of time slip back-wash effect.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 06:04:54 PM by eelpie62 »

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2009, 12:19:05 AM »
I see what you mean, but just counting backward from the delivery date (July 05) places the DOC in October 04.  (Juliet estimated it to be the 23rd of October.) 

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2009, 04:16:35 PM »
On top of that, the O6 can't explain they were on a magic island where time traveled differently. To us, yeah, that makes perfect sense, but to the world of the people in LOST, that can't happen.

Offline Matt_at_TSH

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2009, 02:59:18 PM »
Well it looks like we digested this topic fairly well and came to some interesting conclusions. Althought exposing the O6 lie wasnt the push the writers went with. We did deduce that Ben was still being his manipulative self . As well he used the lie to manipulate our Losties. Good stuff all.