Author Topic: Jin: Alive and in an alternate reality/time frame? New wife/not Sun?  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
One of the things that has bothered me since the end of last season is why every other episode contained flash forwards, but in the episode Ji Yeon, most people assume that Sun was Flashing Forward, but Jin was Flashing Back?

I do understand that Jin said that he had only been married for 2 months. And, that he attended the birth of someone else's baby. However, people do marry other people--if their spouses are dead or they believe them to be dead.

So, I am wondering if Jin has also flashed forward, but in some alternate reality, he believes Sun to be dead (on the island or otherwise) and has married someone else? Has he gone back to work for his old boss, grieved his wife's death, and finally remarried? Everyone assumes that he was referring to Sun when he said he was married.

I believe they may have both been flashing forward. Thoughts anyone?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Jin: Alive and in an alternate reality/time frame? New wife/not Sun?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 11:12:35 PM »
It was shown to be a flashback by the stuffed  animal he purchased and the year it was.(i.e. year of the dragon, I forget what animal he got). Also the cell phone he was using and dropped in the street was old and from the same year.  The writers have confirmed that it was a flashback.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 04:28:01 PM »
It was a Panda. 

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 04:58:59 PM »
Yup, and what was that phrase we all used to say. Oh yes, "I agree with Juggy".