Author Topic: Claire lying to Jack in Raised by Another?  (Read 4883 times)

Offline rorylando45

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Claire lying to Jack in Raised by Another?
« on: October 26, 2008, 08:02:23 AM »
w00t! I just noticed something I didn't notice ever before!

In Raised by Another Jack's talking to Claire about the baby, and he asks her if her OB/GYN back in Sydney had allowed her to fly in her third trimester. She responded with "Yeah, I went to see her the week before the flight and she said it was fine".
But in the flashbacks when we see Richard Malkin give her the plane ticket to LA, the flight is the next day. She says "Tomorrow? I can't go tomorrow!" and he responds with "It must be that flight, it cannot be another".
So the week before the flight she couldn't've known she'd be flying to LA. So I guess she lied to Jack. No biggie but still nice to notice stuff you didn't pick up first, second or third time round.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Claire lying to Jack in Raised by Another?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 12:56:14 PM »
It could be lying, but most likely it was either something the writers missed or Claire not providing full disclosure.  When they first met they were strangers, why would she feel the need to tell him the truth?  So perhaps not intentional, but I do agree there are things you glean when watching the second time around.

I am going to play back the psychic part again as he tells her no others can raise the child.  That has always been in the back of my mind especially when we found out that Aaron is with Kate.  He is quite emphatic with this comment and he tells her it has to be that flight.  It would be interesting if he resurfaces as a member of the others ::) ::)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Claire lying to Jack in Raised by Another?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 03:34:59 PM »
Nice catch.  I think she was just lying to be evasive.