Author Topic: HUNT 3-9  (Read 15641 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: HUNT 3-9
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 11:06:25 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm pretty shocked right now. I just submitted this morning and I wasn't very confident about it, but I got lucky.

Congratulations to everyone who got any of the answers. Even if it's worth 0 points, it's always an accomplishment to be correct any given week. This year was especially tough, but also incredibly fun.

Thank you so much Sledge and Astro for putting together such an amazing hunt. I thought the highlight for me (until now) was watching the Season Premiere last week and hearing George Minkowski on the other end of Naomi's phone. The hunt has always gotten me excited for the new Lost season, but this time the hunt felt like part of the show. I mean, it was like I was getting a hint on the hunt from the show itself.

It's been alot of fun playing on here with you guys, especially seeing everything everybody was finding on the Agent Q log thread. I also second lauren27 in hopes for a continuation with Hunt 4 next season.

Thanks so much everyone, and a major thank you to everyone that keeps this site going.

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2008, 11:15:01 PM »
Hopefully there will be a Hunt 4. As you might imagine, it is incredibly difficult to think of a new puzzle each week, and I was really starting to run low towards the end. But, Astro was a great help, I'm not sure I could have done it without him. I'd also like to continue the story of Agent Q in Hunt 4 if possible. So, we shall see!

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2008, 11:16:30 PM »
Oh my gosh!  I could have submitted much sooner and gotten it right!  I was sitting on that answer for.ever., but I thought it was going to be a key to something.  Argh!  I Caesar and Vigenere Ciphered almost everything under the sun with B and Boron.  I was sure Star of Bethlehem decoded would yield something.

I didn't have a prayer on the bonus code.

CONGRATULATIONS to CaseyMac and everyone!  WooHoo!  That was lots of fun, even though I didn't get to participate as much this year.

(I'm just so excited that I didn't end up with 1 point again.  I was nervous.)

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2008, 11:18:23 PM »
Oh yeah, and PS - thanks to Sledge and Astro for the work and the fun times.  You are awesome.  I swear that this would be one of the most popular games on the web if people knew about it.

Offline DirtyEarl

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2008, 08:57:19 AM »
Congrats CaseyMac
and thanks Sledge and AJ

Gosh I was so close - that was fun.   I put in the incorrect HFCBON.   Figured everything out, just didn't know what the answer was.  Should have known that figuring out Boron was the hard part.

AND Doubly Gosh, I put down 4112 for the bonus code.  I used the remaining letters, just didn't make a word out of them first.   DOH!

See you all on the Episode board this year, I'll try not to lurk as much.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 10:22:31 AM »
thanks for another great hunt sledge & astro!

i'm just uber-excited that i scored this year!  woo hoo!

re hunt 3-9, you think i would have figured something out with a degree in chemistry huh?  but NOOOOOO....  i don't know anything about scrabble, so i would have never figured out which ones were "wrong"

congrats casey mac and everyone else!

back to good ole ladybug for me.

Offline joshzam

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 10:41:20 AM »
Thank you for putting so much time and effort into the Hunt. I can only imagine the number of hours you must have spent on Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Google, Yahoo, and Flickr. Heck, we even got an original video and phone message! Bravo.

For what it's worth, the last week's Bonus code could have also been based on "wade" instead of "awed". That would have yielded a code of "4121" instead of "1412". I'm just sayin...

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 02:06:13 PM »
i gave up way to early on this one!  not that i would have had a chance!  i am pleased that i scored on my first hunt!  sweet!  and i learned so many interesting things, and i love the tie in with the show.  will be back next year no worries!  and congrats to the winner, and to EVERYONE who scored and to EVERYONE who played!  who knew we had so many smart people on this site?

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 09:20:48 PM »
who knew we had so many smart people on this site?
I knew. ;)