Poll

Do you believe that Ben is UNABLE to return to the Island after moving it?

Yes. He will never be able to return
1 (2.9%)
No. His statement was metaphorical. He WILL be able to return, but it would no longer be the same Island he once ruled
2 (5.7%)
No. He was lying again to set-up Locke for an as-yet unseen threat which he wishes to avoid
4 (11.4%)
No. This may have been the fate of other "Island movers" but he's discovered a way back, which requires the Losties in some way
10 (28.6%)
No. I don't know how or why, but he'll be back. He always has a plan
18 (51.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Ben's Exile From The Island  (Read 9966 times)

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Ben's Exile From The Island
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2008, 10:04:51 PM »
Juliet wasn't really one of them. Not on anybody's list as far as we know, just hired help. So I don't think she was let in on much, though Goodwin probably spilled some beans. The average Other probably knows more, but ain't talkin' to the likes of you and me. Alex probably could have told us a lot!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2008, 10:16:08 PM »
And look at Ethan. Many people thought the others were superhuman because of how Ethan beat up Jack.

And do you have a comment about how Jack then later beat up Ethan?  Hmmm?  Do ya?  Do ya?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2008, 10:28:51 PM »
I bet Richard initiates people...

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2008, 10:32:28 PM »
It's very puzzling about him.  Do you think he has more power than he lets on?  Or do you think he is like a Messenger for the Others - kind of their Apollo or Gabriel?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2008, 10:34:56 PM »
It's very puzzling about him.  Do you think he has more power than he lets on?  Or do you think he is like a Messenger for the Others - kind of their Apollo or Gabriel?
I think he's their number two man. TPTB have said he's like the Dick Cheney of the island. Take that how you will.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2008, 10:41:11 PM »
That doesn't work for me.  Does that make Ben W?  No way.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2008, 10:46:36 PM »
I think they meant it in that Richard was number two but had no desire to be the leader.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2008, 10:50:45 PM »
Or Richard is number two but is really the one pulling the strings?

Did I say that?

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2008, 03:38:09 AM »
The power behind the throne?  I've always thought that's a cowardly position.  Maybe he's like Merlin and teaches the king how to rule.

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2008, 03:44:11 AM »
Richard is one of those characters that seems to weave in and out of each episode leaving us with questions. Like how is it that he's always been around but seems so 'behind the scenes' in his own way? One moment that stuck out to me was when he and Locke were sitting on the small hill chatting a little like RIchards just one of the guys or something. (when Ben tells him to kill his dad) I'm so waiting to know more about that man!!!

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2008, 12:50:37 PM »
I like to think of Richard as someone who's actually more peaceful. He has always spoken very calmly (except when Locke failed the test). The only time we've seen him aid in the death of someone is when he told Locke that Sawyer would kill Cooper. Doing this actually helped keep the peace on the island. Ben obviously didn't want Locke to succeed and Richard did. It doesn't sound like someone is pulling strings, but rather they are on opposite sides of the fence. If you ask me, Richard seems like a more benign version of Senator Palpatine.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2008, 02:56:56 PM »
I like to think of Richard as someone who's actually more peaceful. He has always spoken very calmly (except when Locke failed the test). The only time we've seen him aid in the death of someone is when he told Locke that Sawyer would kill Cooper. Doing this actually helped keep the peace on the island. Ben obviously didn't want Locke to succeed and Richard did. It doesn't sound like someone is pulling strings, but rather they are on opposite sides of the fence. If you ask me, Richard seems like a more benign version of Senator Palpatine.

Are we suddenly forgetting about shooting Keamy, he may not have killed Keamy but the intentions were there.

And if Richard is like Cheney then he must shot a lot of friends in the face.  ;D

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2008, 01:10:24 AM »

Are we suddenly forgetting about shooting Keamy, he may not have killed Keamy but the intentions were there.

And if Richard is like Cheney then he must shot a lot of friends in the face.  ;D
Ah yes, I did forget about Keamy, but Keamy did deserve it. He was the enemy and was trying to kill Sayid.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2009, 01:10:47 PM »
I think Ben discovered a way back that requires the Losties.  I think history has to repeat itself in a way, with the O6 on board the same flight and Jack transporting a casket.  Just like the first time.

Good call!

Or they were at the right place at the right time!?! Widmores guys?! Probably not because I'm sure he would have sent more men, but widmore did know plan B. so It's just a silly idea I guess.

You were absolutely right! Those were Widmore's agents at the Tunisian exit point!

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2009, 07:40:12 PM »
wow Mango! where did you find that :o!!!!!!???????? that is last years posts and thanks ;D! he he

oh, wait, it was from this thread! haha. I just clicked on the email I was thrown off a little don't mind me.  ::)

I don't even have time to read through all the new threads how do you go back and reread the old one too!  :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 07:56:19 PM by Mrs Hume »