Author Topic: Cooper confirmed Locke's father?  (Read 6391 times)

Offline katbriil

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Cooper confirmed Locke's father?
« on: June 02, 2008, 04:12:47 PM »
Can someone remind me whether or not Cooper is actually confirmed Locke's biological father, or if they were just a blood match that was convinent for Cooper's long con?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Cooper confirmed Locke's father?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 04:18:14 PM »
Hey, kat, and welcome.

This is the subject of some debate here. According to Lostpedia, Cooper IS Locke's biological father. The Private Investigator that Locke hired in this episode found that they were a match, although conceivably, Cooper could have paid the Private Eye to tell him that. I am of the opinion that Cooper is Locke's biological father and we have never had a reason to think otherwise.

Offline katbriil

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 04:45:46 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, JB. I am in the midst of a debate about this with a friend of mine, which is why I was hoping to clear it up here. Apparently not so much, though.

Thanks for the help.  I guess only time will tell, but that sure doesn't make me feel any better now. I guess I'll have to tell her she's probably right on this one.  :-\

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 04:48:24 PM »
What does she think?

One of the reasons I'm pretty sure Cooper is Locke's father is because Ben wants Locke to kill him. Ben kept saying Cooper is his father. Ben would probably know.

Especially if Alpert knew Cooper was the real Sawyer.

I'm just saying, there really isn't much of a question for me.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 04:54:15 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, JB. I am in the midst of a debate about this with a friend of mine, which is why I was hoping to clear it up here. Apparently not so much, though.

Thanks for the help.  I guess only time will tell, but that sure doesn't make me feel any better now. I guess I'll have to tell her she's probably right on this one.  :-\

Well, I'm in the other camp.

I don't believe that Anthony Cooper is Locke's biological father.

You only have to match the same blood group to receive a donor kidney, not the same genes.

Read this thread: http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=7871.msg392975#msg392975

Offline katbriil

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 05:18:50 PM »
Well, JB, she's on your side. I'm in Mango's camp, though. I'm just not convinced that he's really John's dad, mostly because of the age differences (the ones Mango mentions in the other post).

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 05:21:58 PM »
Well, JB, she's on your side. I'm in Mango's camp, though. I'm just not convinced that he's really John's dad, mostly because of the age differences (the ones Mango mentions in the other post).

Email her the link!

Offline katbriil

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 05:28:01 PM »
I did, and I'll let you know what she has to say about it tomorrow.  ;D

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 05:58:08 PM »
I did, and I'll let you know what she has to say about it tomorrow.  ;D

Yay!!!  :D

Offline katbriil

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 09:37:56 AM »
Mango - she read all that and said, "Okay, I can buy that. Now, who IS Locke's father?" We then proceeded to discuss if Locke is related to anyone, that perhaps his father is the same sperm donor Rebecca used, or perhaps he's related to Ben. (We've got this theory we kick around that there are two main "lines" leading to the island, and another one about how Jacob might be misdirection, and it's the women who are most important, so we're playing off of those."

;D

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 03:14:40 PM »
We've got this theory we kick around that there are two main "lines" leading to the island, and another one about how Jacob might be misdirection, and it's the women who are most important, so we're playing off of those.

You should post more!

When you say "two lines", do you mean two blood-lines, like the Carringtons and the Colbys or something?