Author Topic: "One Week Later"  (Read 12217 times)

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: "One Week Later"
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2008, 11:19:37 PM »

The third party is the island.  I don't perceive it to be an individual, though indirectly the actions of individuals.  Jack buys into what Locke said that he should have never left, after he left bad things happened.

Okay regarding Penny and the writers wanting us to think she is good etc. so they can shock us, well guess they lost out on that one.

I don't believe Charles hates Desmond - he looks down on him, just like he looks down on Ben.
Charles is a superior PITA (pain in the @$$) he is a very weathly and powerful man.  His disdain for him could be based on his (charles ) own past.
Let's face it as a father who wants his beautiful daughter to be married to someone who has nothing to offer? Imagine if Charles had married Penny's mum and he himself was penniless? He would not want his daughter to go through what they did.  All speculation of course, but it might be closer to the truth, than not. ???

We don't know if he grew up wealthy or not but i am sure he is past may come to light. :o

Remember the island....;)

Lostinlocke, very true, the island being the third party. I can see that.  :-\
and no doubt that TPTB lost out on shockers when it comes to the die hard fans like us. NOTHING is really shocking to us. I think we speculate so much that we pretty much cover any possibility, (why I love this site)  But think of the casual viewers. (and yes, believe it or not there are some out there. it's a crime I know, but I've spoken to a few)  ;)
(keep missing you!!!!!ugh)
Oh and for the record IMO penny, not bad. :-\

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2008, 05:10:16 PM »

The third party is the island.  I don't perceive it to be an individual, though indirectly the actions of individuals.  Jack buys into what Locke said that he should have never left, after he left bad things happened.

Okay regarding Penny and the writers wanting us to think she is good etc. so they can shock us, well guess they lost out on that one.

I don't believe Charles hates Desmond - he looks down on him, just like he looks down on Ben.
Charles is a superior PITA (pain in the @$$) he is a very weathly and powerful man.  His disdain for him could be based on his (charles ) own past.
Let's face it as a father who wants his beautiful daughter to be married to someone who has nothing to offer? Imagine if Charles had married Penny's mum and he himself was penniless? He would not want his daughter to go through what they did.  All speculation of course, but it might be closer to the truth, than not. ???

We don't know if he grew up wealthy or not but i am sure he is past may come to light. :o

and no doubt that TPTB lost out on shockers when it comes to the die hard fans like us. NOTHING is really shocking to us. I think we speculate so much that we pretty much cover any possibility, (why I love this site)  But think of the casual viewers. (and yes, believe it or not there are some out there. it's a crime I know, but I've spoken to a few)  ;)

Well, if you watched Josh Holloway's interview with Jimmy Kimmel he tells folks that the big character is the island.  Of course as I keep repeating I have suspected that.  So needless to say...

No Penny is nothing .... if they decide to make her something then oh well.... I am wrong.
Yeah we do keep missing each other...?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2008, 12:20:33 AM »

Well, if you watched Josh Holloway's interview with Jimmy Kimmel he tells folks that the big character is the island.  Of course as I keep repeating I have suspected that.  So needless to say...

No Penny is nothing .... if they decide to make her something then oh well.... I am wrong.
Yeah we do keep missing each other...?
Although I agree with Josh's statement, I wouldn't necessarily take anything said on Jimmy Kimmel as fact. Also, the actors are as clueless as us!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2008, 11:29:49 AM »
JB- I will say at this juncture the island is a main character. It plays people to it's needs...
The island has the "powers" not the people.  The people are the care takers...

from the moment the first episode closed...the island owned our characters.

Just my thoughts. ;D  We will always have different thoughts.. ;D

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2008, 05:00:44 AM »
I don't think it's meant to be taken too literally.  I thought it's always been known the island is a "character."  It's more than an island and Locke has spoken about the island as someone would a person.  I'm still not sure if Jacob IS the island or if Jacob is some other entity that is able to reside on the island because of its powers.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2008, 12:25:35 AM »
JB- I will say at this juncture the island is a main character. It plays people to it's needs...
The island has the "powers" not the people.  The people are the care takers...

from the moment the first episode closed...the island owned our characters.

Just my thoughts. ;D  We will always have different thoughts.. ;D
I agree... I've always been a fan of the "Island is a main character" theory.

Offline hatch4815162342

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2008, 02:21:48 PM »
the island can take care of itself..... ;D

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2008, 12:29:23 PM »
I remain unconvinced about the 1st, 2nd, 3rd party manipulation business, though I'm not ruling it out.

There was a thread a couple of years back asking who we thought was the main character in Lost. I'm pretty sure the plurality went for the Island.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2009, 07:36:49 PM »
I'm with you on this, the PLOT THICKENS!!!!!!!!!! In the end, I think Sayid will save Penny's life.

I think so too. I think Sayid is just going along with Ben until he gets answers. Once Sayid finds some kind of resolution, he'll probably slip away from Ben's clutches.

So... Sayid has slipped away from Ben's clutches but we still don't know what the catalyst for him giving Ben the slip was.