Author Topic: "One Week Later"  (Read 11943 times)

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: "One Week Later"
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 06:50:56 PM »
Hopefully the two skeletons aren't disappointing. (I find myself always hoping that I won't be disappointed lately when it comes to lost. I'm sounding like such a negative person. ) I guess that's my coping mechanism.
I'm thinking it could be Des and Penny (but why) , Jack and Kate (but why again?) Maybe it's Ben and Annie comes back. Maybe it's Jacob and his wife? It is someone who is important to the island or they wouldn't have put them there like that. They would have buried them or sent them to sea. Unless they just laid there themselves and died.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 08:03:57 PM »
Ewwwww... so Kate finds her own skeleton?  Creeeeeepy....

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 08:05:09 PM »
Didn't she say she didn't want to become Eve?

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 04:56:41 PM »
Hopefully the two skeletons aren't disappointing. (I find myself always hoping that I won't be disappointed lately when it comes to lost. I'm sounding like such a negative person. ) I guess that's my coping mechanism.
I'm thinking it could be Des and Penny (but why) , Jack and Kate (but why again?) Maybe it's Ben and Annie comes back. Maybe it's Jacob and his wife? It is someone who is important to the island or they wouldn't have put them there like that. They would have buried them or sent them to sea. Unless they just laid there themselves and died.

Jack and Kate sit by the caves and hold onto one another as the "BLAST" that causes the world to end FLASHES before their eyes, melting them.

That would be Ultra cool   :)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 10:30:03 PM »
This dislike of Penny and thinking she is evil just makes no sense.  What has the woman done to be evil?  She meets Desmond at a Monastery getting wine, gives him a ride. Okay so if a beautiful woman offers a man a ride beware!!!!!!!!  She might be evil. 

She loves Desmond despite the fact that she could marry anyone else in the world, she loves him for him.
Frankly I think she and Desmond will be the hero's in the end and Frank Lapidus will be flying the chopper to the beach.
k
I agree with Mrs. Hume after all that time, I would be okay folks excuse me I am not changing nappies or chit chattering a lot I am locking myself up with my honey.

There was most definitely an agreement and discussion as to what was going to happen.  For Frank and Desmond no one other than Widmore would know that they might have been on the island and after this do you really think Penny is going to run home to Daddy?  Hi Pops guess what I just found the people on the island you tried to kill you big jerk.

Yes, she is evil incarnate ::)

As for Sun two people she blames her father and Jack.....And they weren't on island time anymore...the island went poof :D

Keep posting folks

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 10:38:37 PM »
Who says Sayid is the one to kill Penny?  I hope the skeletons aren't Jack and Kate simply because that's the common theory and it would be disappointing if it turned out that way.  I want to be surprised.  In time travel terms, I don't see how anyone could die on the island and be alive on the outside world.  We still don't know a lot about what the extent of it is, but I'd assume time keeps moving normally on the island and it's only off the island where things change.  It's like the island is a moving train, once someone steps off the train leaves them behind.

As for Penny.  I started thinking she was evil when Desmond and Widmore ran into each other in the restroom.  Their conversation just made me start thinking maybe Penny is playing him.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 11:11:03 PM »

Who says Sayid is the one to kill Penny?  I hope the skeletons aren't Jack and Kate simply because that's the common theory and it would be disappointing if it turned out that way.  I want to be surprised.  In time travel terms, I don't see how anyone could die on the island and be alive on the outside world.  We still don't know a lot about what the extent of it is, but I'd assume time keeps moving normally on the island and it's only off the island where things change.  It's like the island is a moving train, once someone steps off the train leaves them behind.

As for Penny.  I started thinking she was evil when Desmond and Widmore ran into each other in the restroom.  Their conversation just made me start thinking maybe Penny is playing him.

ok, one of the biggest love story's on lost and TPTB are going to destroy it? Like THAT?! I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm saying if they do that there is going to be a lot of pissed of fans and I will be one of them. That would remind me of one of my other favorite shows (or should I say, formally) Prison Break. they killed off a relationship.  It was a bad move and the show went down a lot after that.
It would be a big twist though.  >:(

I see that happening thou Mre. Hume

And so that they never leave each other again they are the skeletons....dun nun nun dun!

I have a feeling that the skeletons may be someone who either was originally part of the island and ended up there due to "bad things" happening on the island and that's where they end up. Jack did say it was one of the safeest places on the island. Shucks Jack and kate even.

Yes, LND, I think it is possible too , that is what originally made me think somehow they get back there. But I could see it being  a couple that was an original to the island too. well, no because how would that effect us? Would that be a shocker ? so I guess I just don't know.   ???
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 11:39:16 PM by Mrs Hume »

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 01:24:47 AM »
1. Who says Sayid is the one to kill Penny? 

2. I hope the skeletons aren't Jack and Kate simply because that's the common theory and it would be disappointing if it turned out that way.  I want to be surprised. 

3. In time travel terms, I don't see how anyone could die on the island and be alive on the outside world.  We still don't know a lot about what the extent of it is, but I'd assume time keeps moving normally on the island and it's only off the island where things change.  It's like the island is a moving train, once someone steps off the train leaves them behind.

4. As for Penny.  I started thinking she was evil when Desmond and Widmore ran into each other in the restroom.  Their conversation just made me start thinking maybe Penny is playing him.
I numbered your points so I could respond to them easier :)

1. I think that it is a possibility. I think Ben is going to try to make Sayid do it, but might be unsuccessful.

2. I do not hold this theory, and I think it is a BUNK theory. Time does not travel in a loop.

3. The doctor was dead on the island AND alive on the boat at the same time. Granted, he didn't die on the island.

4. Which conversation was this? I still don't see how anyone could seriously think sweet sweet Penny is evil. She's the most benign character on the show.

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 06:52:53 PM »
They spent a week on Penny's boat. That's quite a long time in the Lost timeline.

I can't believe that Sayid would readily kill Penny under Ben's instruction, after spending a week in her hospitality with her and Desmond.

I mean, personally I think she is quite possibly as evil as Charles (amongst other thoughts), but Sayid and Penny must have bonded to some degree?

I wonder what kind of plans were discussed? How many screaming matches occurred between Sun and Jack? Was it during this week that Sun became aware of Charles Widmore and his involvement with the Island?

I'm sorry - Can someone remind me when we find out that Penny dies?  By the hand of Sayid?  I'm real confused because I don't really remember this....

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 07:46:38 PM »

They spent a week on Penny's boat. That's quite a long time in the Lost timeline.

I can't believe that Sayid would readily kill Penny under Ben's instruction, after spending a week in her hospitality with her and Desmond.

I mean, personally I think she is quite possibly as evil as Charles (amongst other thoughts), but Sayid and Penny must have bonded to some degree?

I wonder what kind of plans were discussed? How many screaming matches occurred between Sun and Jack? Was it during this week that Sun became aware of Charles Widmore and his involvement with the Island?

I'm sorry - Can someone remind me when we find out that Penny dies?  By the hand of Sayid?  I'm real confused because I don't really remember this....
Ben threatend to find penny and kill her because Widmore killed Alex, Ben's daughter. So everyone is speculating whether or not Ben is going to get sayid to do it or not because sayid is currently doing Ben's dirty work right now. and some people think that because sayid got to know Penny when she rescued them, sayid might or might not do it.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2008, 10:07:53 AM »

Like Mrs. Hume stated it is  threat of death.  Penny is alive as far as we know.

Interesting as Widmore and Ben were having that conversation, I wonder if Charles knows where Penny is and that Desmond is with her.  Because it now has been over 6 months since the rescue

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 06:18:33 AM »
I wonder if Charles knows where Penny is and that Desmond is with her.

I think he knows Desmond is with her. Sun said to Widmore that he knew the oceanic 6 weren't the only who left the island.
I don't think she knew about Ben visiting Widmore in october 2005.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 02:28:09 PM »
This dislike of Penny and thinking she is evil just makes no sense.  What has the woman done to be evil? 

I'm not firm on it myself, but she's just almost too nice.  I find myself becoming suspicious of people who are too nice.   :)  I know... paranoia...  Let's just say I'm a bit suspicious of her.  I hope I'm wrong -- it would be nice for she and Des to end up happily ever after.

Time does not travel in a loop.

Except for Horace Goodspeed and his falling tree.   ;)

I still don't see how anyone could seriously think sweet sweet Penny is evil. She's the most benign character on the show.

See?  That's just why.   ;D

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 12:12:05 AM »
This dislike of Penny and thinking she is evil just makes no sense.  What has the woman done to be evil? 

I'm not firm on it myself, but she's just almost too nice.  I find myself becoming suspicious of people who are too nice.   :)  I know... paranoia...  Let's just say I'm a bit suspicious of her.  I hope I'm wrong -- it would be nice for she and Des to end up happily ever after.

Time does not travel in a loop.

Except for Horace Goodspeed and his falling tree.   ;)

I still don't see how anyone could seriously think sweet sweet Penny is evil. She's the most benign character on the show.

See?  That's just why.   ;D
Horace was part of a dream. ;D

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 09:32:32 AM »
I was re-watching last season's finale last night, and there was Jack telling Juliet "You want to get off this island more than anything -- that makes you one of us" and then shooting all sorts of soppy adoring smiles at her.  Then the very next scene, there she is with Ben plotting the whole "fake escape from Otherville" thing. 

And after Claire's slightly evil grin in Jacob's cabin, I don't trust her either.   :D