Author Topic: Ben's Apology To Locke  (Read 4568 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Ben's Apology To Locke
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 09:27:40 AM »
I'm not. Seeing as how Ben and Locke are only a few years apart in age, I don't see how Ben had any influence on Locke before the island.

Ben has lead the Others since The Purge hasn't he?

That's plenty of time to go through Richard's files; pick Locke as his successor; lead him to the Island via a series of contrivances and ultimately hand him his crown of thorns.

But they didn't start gathering files on the survivors until the crash.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 02:53:31 PM »

Richard evidently kept tabs on Locke, throughout his life.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 03:06:17 PM »

Richard evidently kept tabs on Locke, throughout his life.

Touch`e. I will give you that, but I really think that there was no connection between Ben and Locke before the island.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 03:19:08 PM »
Only connection between Ben and Locke was their coach Richard, they play for the same team.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 04:00:08 PM »
But I still don't see that as being enough. Richard was around the whole time as Ben grew up, and the only contact we have seen between him and Locke are the two times that he went to see him, and on only one of those times did he actually speak to him.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 04:01:49 PM »
But I still don't see that as being enough. Richard was around the whole time as Ben grew up, and the only contact we have seen between him and Locke are the two times that he went to see him, and on only one of those times did he actually speak to him.
And when Locke was that young, I don't think Ben was alive yet, let alone on the island.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2008, 04:04:20 PM »
And when Locke was that young, I don't think Ben was alive yet, let alone on the island.

they are only seperated by a few years, no?? I think that when Locke was visited by Richard for the test, that Ben might have just been born, or was about to be born.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2008, 04:08:43 PM »

they are only seperated by a few years, no?? I think that when Locke was visited by Richard for the test, that Ben might have just been born, or was about to be born.
ok, maybe. But Ben still wasn't on the island and didn't send Richard there.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2008, 04:18:32 PM »

ok, maybe. But Ben still wasn't on the island and didn't send Richard there.

Right. That's what I was saying. Did we confuse ourselves??

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 04:30:44 PM »
Two things:

01. I did say that Ben had plenty of time to go through Richard's files;
02. Time travel.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 04:36:10 PM »
Two things:

02. Time travel.

Is this file cabinet similar to the one in Bruce Almighty?  ;)

Richard if using time travel can bounce thru meeting everyone in a day if he wanted to. From Locke and Ben as boys to their teens to now. If he's using time travel.

Offline motorcycle

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2008, 07:19:35 PM »
Perhaps if Ben had not displayed new-leader qualities, then Locke would have been picked even after he failed the knife object test. Ben could feel regret as he knows deep-down Locke would have always been the better leader (his comments about seperating emotion and command for example). Therefore Ben may feel regretful he ever viewed himself as a leader, thus stopping Locke to be chosen and thus causing his 'misery'.

If Ben had never had crossed the security fence with the rabbit, then maybe Locke would have been chosen as the new leader without the need for an Alpert test?

Offline therealsawyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008, 09:18:21 PM »
I believe that Ben has been making John life hell for some time now, perhaps in an effort to keep him away from the island but as Mrs. Hakings tells us...."the world has a way of course correcting".

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 07:50:52 PM »
Interesting that Ben referred to this apology again, when speaking to Jack in reference to Locke.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 07:53:48 PM »
Two things:

02. Time travel.

Is this file cabinet similar to the one in Bruce Almighty?  ;)

Richard if using time travel can bounce thru meeting everyone in a day if he wanted to. From Locke and Ben as boys to their teens to now. If he's using time travel.

I think he's using time travel. Whether he has control over it or not is still debatable though.