Author Topic: Claire and Aaron did NOT get on heli...  (Read 11707 times)

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Claire and Aaron did NOT get on heli...
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2008, 09:36:18 PM »
No one's mentioned this option yet: Is it possible that Des saw the right baby but the wrong woman? Isn't it possible he saw a woman carrying Aaron onto the helicopter and just assumed it was Claire?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2008, 10:12:05 PM »
No one's mentioned this option yet: Is it possible that Des saw the right baby but the wrong woman? Isn't it possible he saw a woman carrying Aaron onto the helicopter and just assumed it was Claire?
Well, if he saw Kate or Sun, he probably would have noticed the darker hair... but it is a possibility.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2008, 10:13:28 PM »
Well, if he saw Kate or Sun, he probably would have noticed the darker hair... but it is a possibility.
What if he thought he saw goth Claire....lol....stranger things have happened...

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2008, 02:40:10 PM »
Madam, Alex was born on the Island.

Thanks, L&S.  How do we know this?  (I tried checking SWLS's index but the links seem to be broken for me or something...)  Did Ben say it, or Rousseau?  If it was Ben, I think I'm still going to take that with a grain of salt...  ;)

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2008, 03:39:49 PM »
According to Danielle, she was seven months pregnant when she arrived on the Island. I think Ben may have confirmed her birth on the Island, but I wouldn't have taken just Ben's word either.  ;)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2008, 12:13:04 AM »
What if he thought he saw goth Claire....lol....stranger things have happened...
I don't think he'd know Goth Claire if he saw her, especially from behind.

Offline Point Place WI

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2008, 12:42:40 AM »

That's the only way I like Goth girls...especially from behind.

LOL

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2008, 01:44:52 AM »

That's the only way I like Goth girls...especially from behind.

LOL

*long sighhhhh* you're naughty, but I have a feeling you just can't help yourself :P

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2008, 07:44:46 AM »
I'm sure the writers will find a way to make Charlie's death meaningful, but Claire and Aaron not getting on the helicopter like Desmond said is one of my biggest frustrations with Lost.  I don't really like the Desmond character and I am just not into the whole Desmond/Penny love affair.  I did like Charlie as a character.  I think Charlie interacted with almost everyone, which most of the characters don't interact with each other.  Plus Charlie was a bit of comic relief to this often dark show.  This year we had very little of Sawyer either which was disappointing. 

All that said, Charlie's reason for his ultimate sacrifice (saving Claire and Aaron) might not have been completed, but in the long run you might say that Charlie's death saved the Losties, at least six of them, but five of the six seem to be miserable...so big deal.  It seems most like the dark, almost evil side of Lost, but I liked the character storylines.  I'm rambling, sorry.

I think Charlie died to save the six and hopefully even more of the Losties.

Offline TvFantic

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2008, 12:25:56 PM »
I agree with Austruck.  I'm inclined to believe that Desmond gets flashes of visions that don't make much sense to him so he uses what he knows already and creates his own interpretation of what's to happen.  So when he sees "Claire and Aaron" on the helicopter, he may have seen just Aaron and a shadow of a woman in the helicopter lifting off above water and added the details: Claire and lifting off the island.

When chick (I forgot her name) parachuted from the helicopter, and had the picture of Desmond and Penny, Desmond probably saw that flash along with the woman parachuting and put them together as having to be Penny.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't he believe it was Claire that was going to die and kept intervening and then realized it was Charlie?  In any case I just think it's Desmond trying to make sense of his visions.

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2008, 02:02:15 PM »
How about this - he did see Aaron and Claire get on a helicopter, however that flash was from farther ahead than when the 6 escaped the island. just because we haven't seen it happen doesn't mean necessarily it didn't happen. It just hasn't happened yet
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 03:03:57 PM by Shimozu (Jungle Otter) »

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2008, 02:50:39 PM »
I like the idea that he saw Aaron get on the helicopter and assumed Claire was with him. At the time, maybe she would have been and then things changed which changed the outcome.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2008, 10:29:43 PM »
Something struck me as i was reading this....Naomi's arrival was seen by Desmond thinking it was Penny's boat.  Naomi's freighter wasn't Pen's boat but ultimately it was her boat...

Still gleaning hope that Claire does get on a chopper in the future.

On the other hand, what about if Desmond did see her get on but since Christian intervened then that changed what he saw.  He isn't always in control of how things change.

Offline Bud

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2008, 07:13:32 PM »
I haven't read all 5 pages but i think (1) is the most likely. Desmond saw himself meeting Penelope and lied to Charlie. Or the time line changed because Charlie stayed in the chamber to tell Des the boat was not Penny's.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2008, 12:22:04 PM »
Yes, I think that what des saw was only spot on if nothing changed in the sequal of events leading up to it. otherwise, the end result may still happen but it pans out differently.

I know, I would like to see Claire get on the chopper too!