Author Topic: Claire and Aaron did NOT get on heli...  (Read 11706 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Claire and Aaron did NOT get on heli...
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2008, 10:56:28 PM »
I guess there's a reason I don't know about that ;)

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2008, 10:57:19 PM »
Really?  You've never seen it?  It's a classic horror flick.  I think it was made in the '70's maybe?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2008, 11:11:12 PM »
Not much for horror films. I like comedies.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2008, 02:52:47 PM »
Wonder if it's something like "the next baby to be born on the island will be The Leader" or something?  Maybe that's why all the OtherWomen could never have babies?  The Island was waiting until the right one came along?

Wouldn't that clash with Alex being born before Aaron was?
Or are we saying that the "leader" of the OTHERS has to be a man and can't be a woman?

Just checking

Most authority figures have been men unless your looking at new Sun and Penny

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2008, 04:19:52 PM »
That was one of my questions earlier -- are we sure Alex was born on the island and not on Rousseau's research boat?  I honestly can't remember...

If she was, then you're right... that would clash.

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2008, 05:30:26 PM »

2) Desmond's vision of Claire and Aaron getting on the chopper just hasn't happened yet.
Yes... and maybe Claire appears to Kate in the dream b/c she is not ready to leave the island yet b/c of how things are going. If Aaron comes back, eventually they will leave on a chopper.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2008, 07:52:03 PM »
Madam, Alex was born on the Island.

Silly, maybe, but see earlier posts for other alternatives. Aaron will be at least four, so hardly qualifies as a baby any more.

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2008, 07:54:38 PM »
I heard someone on these threads mention maybe it's another baby Claire is carrying. I thought that was an interesting way of thinking  :-\

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2008, 08:09:38 PM »
Did Desmond even mention Aaron? I thought that he just said he saw Claire getting in the chopper.

I looked this up in the transcripts.  Here's what he said:

DESMOND: What I saw, Charlie, was Claire and her baby getting into a helicopter. A helicopter that, lifts off, leaves this Island.

CHARLIE: Are you sure?

DESMOND: Aye.

CHARLIE: A rescue helicopter, on this beach?

(Desmond nods)

CHARLIE: This Island, that's what you saw?

(Desmond nods again)

One possible explanation, though, could be that Desmond "saw" Claire getting onto a helicopter carrying a child wrapped in blankets that just looks like a big bundle.  If the blankets are big enough you might not be that clear on whether the kid is a baby or a toddler.  Plus Desmond at that time would be thinking "Claire + bundle = Claire with baby" because he would have no reason to be thinking that he's seeing something three or four years into the future.   So to me that doesn't definitively prove anything.  It could either be a course-correction thing, that somehow we'll go back in time and all these flash-forwards we're seeing will never end up happening, or it could be that they come back to the island, find Claire still alive, and they escape again, this time with Claire carrying Aaron. 
Or it could be Claire with a bundle of something, maybe not even alive...

Or Des lied.
...and if Des lied, it could be something that he saw was way worse than what has happened so far....but thats just a far of guess...

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2008, 10:14:45 PM »
Did Desmond even mention Aaron? I thought that he just said he saw Claire getting in the chopper.

I looked this up in the transcripts.  Here's what he said:

DESMOND: What I saw, Charlie, was Claire and her baby getting into a helicopter. A helicopter that, lifts off, leaves this Island.

CHARLIE: A rescue helicopter, on this beach?

(Desmond nods)

CHARLIE: This Island, that's what you saw?

(Desmond nods again)

One possible explanation, though, could be that Desmond "saw" Claire getting onto a helicopter carrying a child wrapped in blankets that just looks like a big bundle.  If the blankets are big enough you might not be that clear on whether the kid is a baby or a toddler.  Plus Desmond at that time would be thinking "Claire + bundle = Claire with baby" because he would have no reason to be thinking that he's seeing something three or four years into the future.   So to me that doesn't definitively prove anything.  It could either be a course-correction thing, that somehow we'll go back in time and all these flash-forwards we're seeing will never end up happening, or it could be that they come back to the island, find Claire still alive, and they escape again, this time with Claire carrying Aaron. 
Or it could be Claire with a bundle of something, maybe not even alive...

Or Des lied.
...and if Des lied, it could be something that he saw was way worse than what has happened so far....but thats just a far of guess...

Wait a gosh darn second ...thanks Spartan for doing the multiple quotes here.

Did we ever think that perhaps what Desmond saw was not the first copter, because I don't remember it being on the beach ever............. Sun was on the boat,

So therefore what Desmond saw was perhaps the second rescue on the beach
- which was mentioned by Madam P- but the baby doesn't necessarily have to Aaron, it could be Sun's daughter? 
Just throwing this out there.  I mean we know Des had visions and they were altered with interference, but for all it's worth just maybe this is what he saw.  Maybe there is another baby born on the island?  We have enough people on it...I mean to make that happen, or maybe Ben brings one back.

Well, my two nickels, inflation you know :-\

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2008, 12:46:35 AM »
I've got to say this is an awesome collaboration of ideas here. ;D Someone call cuse/lindoloff! (sp?) ;)
 Maybe Claire gets pregnant by sawyer. That would explain the possible forshadowing of an attraction we thought he might have had, by TPTB . OR Sawyer and Juliet have a baby and something happends to them. (Adam and Eve anyone? the first couple to conceive and give birth on the island since ... since... well darn do we know who the last child borne on the island was? if ever? ) Then  Claire takes the baby on the Helli in the future rescue.  eh, it sounded better in my head. but I still want to know when was the last successful birth on island? anyone?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2008, 01:26:35 AM »
I've got to say this is an awesome collaboration of ideas here. ;D Someone call cuse/lindoloff! (sp?) ;)
 Maybe Claire gets pregnant by sawyer. That would explain the possible forshadowing of an attraction we thought he might have had, by TPTB . OR Sawyer and Juliet have a baby and something happends to them. (Adam and Eve anyone? the first couple to conceive and give birth on the island since ... since... well darn do we know who the last child borne on the island was? if ever? ) Then  Claire takes the baby on the Helli in the future rescue.  eh, it sounded better in my head. but I still want to know when was the last successful birth on island? anyone?

Oh please, TPTB, do NOT let Claire get pregnant by Sawyer...

Or if you do, let us see some Claire skin! :D

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2008, 02:21:19 AM »
Oh wow that's crazy you mention Claire n Sawyer b/c I was thinking the last scene w/ Sawyer n Juliet in the finale made me think those two might be *nudge nudge* you know *nudge nudge* Ehh..? Eh!??? I think they'd be an awesome couple. Bump this topic into the ocean if that's where it belongs.

I'm just sayin'.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2008, 03:12:49 AM »
No no, it's deffinitely not crazy. At first I didn't think it would be possible. Those two are as different as two people can be but. I wouldn't think Juliet would even give him the time of day. But, lately sawyer has become  a little more of a gentlemen  (and I use that term loosely) and besides, she is the only good looking main woman charactor left on the island and there has to be some s..ual tension between some people    on the island otherwise it wouldn't be TV. Right? Well, there is Charlotte too but she might be a little too young for him.
 :-\ :-\

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2008, 07:10:29 AM »
Catch-22
HURLEY: So what are the other pieces?
DESMOND: If I tell you that, it'll change the picture in the box.

CHARLIE: You think its her don't you?
DESMOND: Who?
CHARLIE: Your girl. Penny. You think its actually her who bailed out the helicopter.
DESMOND: Earlier I hoped it. Now I know it.
CHARLIE: Why didn't you tell us?
DESMOND: Would you come if I had?
CHARLIE: Of course. Why wouldn't I?
DESMOND: I didn't wanna tell you because, I didn't want anything to change.

DESMOND: If the flashes don't happen exactly how I saw them, the picture changes.

HURLEY: She's alive!
[Desmond rushes toward them]
DESMOND: Stand back! Get away from her! I'm here, I'm here Penny.
CHARLIE: Jus, be careful.
DESMOND: Just get off, Charlie. Sorry Penny, I'm sorry.
[Desmond pulls off the helmet to reveal not Penny, but a different woman]

Greatest hits
CHARLIE: So, you ready to tell me what you saw this morning?
CHARLIE: Right. So how's it happen this time?
CHARLIE: Come on, Des. You can tell me. I can take it.
DESMOND: What I saw, Charlie, was Claire and her baby getting into a helicopter. A helicopter that lifts off--leaves this Island.