Author Topic: Ben moves the island and goes straight into the future to sayid?!  (Read 6445 times)

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile

I don't understand? Ben moves the island then goes straight to Tunisia( in the future) , to visit sayid the day he is burying Nadia? without skipping a beat.He knows this event will take place? He knows sayid gets off the island?  He knows that guy Bakir will be there? How? He just moved the island. How does he know all this takes place in the future?( This is what makes me think he has done this over and over again. But has yet to get it right.)
Or do you mean to tell me this was all a coincidence?
Do I have my facts wrong? am I missing something or is this something an important question that could lead to something?   

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
Re: Ben moves the island and goes straight into the future to sayid?!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 04:50:08 AM »

This is what makes me think he has done this over and over again. But has yet to get it right
.)
Or do you mean to tell me this was all a coincidence?
Do I have my facts wrong? am I missing something or is this something an important question that could lead to something?  
You've reminded me of an old tv show, Twilight Zone (?) where a writer keeps throwing out his story and starting over again.  The characters think they are real and they keep acting out the story as written and rewritten until the writer is finally satisfied with his work.  Maybe you're right.  Ben has acted out this scene many times with a few variations along the way.  We'll see......

Offline andydrew

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 06:26:13 AM »
There's every possibility that Ben has been travelling to and fro in time for a while, so he could have known who was getting off the island long in advance.

Remember how he just dismissed Jack and co at the Orchid? "Off you go then, bye". He didn't try to stop them leaving, it was almost as though he knew they had to leave for the future he knows about to play out.

Am I remembering correctly that after landing in the desert Ben checked into a Hotel and asked the date? He was either finding out when he was, or he was making sure he arrived at the right time.

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:31:53 AM »
Not bad ideas andy!

Offline spazzledazzle

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 08:25:17 AM »
what i dont get is that if Ben goes from being on the island straight to the desert where Sayid is, then how does Ben know all this stuff about Nadia's murder? about the bald guy at her funeral who supposedly killed her? why is he really after him and how does he know he works for Widmore?
is any one else confused by this?

Offline spazzledazzle

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 08:27:38 AM »
oh i just read the first post again and realized i asked basically the same questions..... duh... ok sorry

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 08:39:19 AM »
Ben has people working for him off island. The people who made the Widmoretape and who followed Michael to New York.
There is Mittelos bioscience, I think it is owned by the others or by Ben and it is a big company.
Ben checked in in Tunesia and after a phonecall he knows exactly who got off the island, where they are, what they do
and everything else he needs to know.

Offline newerakb

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 10:04:05 AM »
I didn't get the impression that Ben knew anything about Sayid when he was in Tunisia. He checked in the hotel, then heard them talking about Sayid on TV, and he looked surprised. They said on TV that he was in Iraq (was it Iraq?) so he went there to find him, spur of the moment...that's how I took it at least. And obviously, before he found him, he did some research on the death of Nadia.

Offline Psych0666

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 10:20:25 AM »
What I want to know is what daye exactly did the chopper leave the island? we know that they were there for 108 day's from 22 sept 2004, but really it's 101 days because they were on Penny's boat for a week, also, what was the exact date that Ben arrived in Tunisia, or roughly bearing in mind he had to steal a horse and ride through the desert to the closest place and find the hotel place he stayed at and asked the date, and what was that date? and then when exactly did he meet up with Sayid? how much time passed between him getting there and meeting up with him etc....

Just some of my thoughts in trying to clarify whether ben moved through space or space and time really, and also would explain some things if Ben met Sayid after being there a while and getting through to his off island contacts to get updated on the situation.

Offline spazzledazzle

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 10:39:56 AM »
the date the lady told ben was october 2005, so 11 months had passed since he left the island. dont know your other questions though.

Offline spazzledazzle

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 10:42:37 AM »
I didn't get the impression that Ben knew anything about Sayid when he was in Tunisia. He checked in the hotel, then heard them talking about Sayid on TV, and he looked surprised. They said on TV that he was in Iraq (was it Iraq?) so he went there to find him, spur of the moment...that's how I took it at least. And obviously, before he found him, he did some research on the death of Nadia.

thanks, that makes sense

Offline Psych0666

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 10:45:23 AM »
the date the lady told ben was october 2005, so 11 months had passed since he left the island. dont know your other questions though.

well October is way later than 108 days after 22 sept 2004 it's roughly just over 3 months like so Ben defintely traveled through time and space, so the Island probably moved through time and soace, and if thats true then a fair few things make a bit more sence like the black rock etc.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 10:49:52 AM »
the only date I know for sure is the day Ben arrived in the dessert. 10/24/05
around 10 months into the future according to wiki.
The first time I saw this scene in the shape of things to come I didn't think much about it but It all changed when I realized that this was right after he moved the island. He didn't look surprised as much as determined to me when he saw sayid on the news. I mean , that can't be a coincidence that he landed there and sayid is there too!
if he had people working for him when did he speak with them before arriving in the future to Tunisia? Is everyone telling me they believe that On the island and before he moved the island , to the dessert he spoke to someone and got info on 10 months into the future ? this is where I think a peace is missing to the puzzle.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 11:10:56 AM by Mrs Hume »

Offline spazzledazzle

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 11:09:19 AM »
there was probably at least a small gap in time between when he saw sayid on the news and when he actually saw him face to face. he probably contacted his people to find out stuff about sayid. like someone else said.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 11:56:31 AM »
We don't know how long he was at that hotel.  He could have stayed in the hotel for a week doing research and then went off to find Sayid.