Author Topic: Who moved the island and not coming back  (Read 7754 times)

Offline Brimstone

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: What else 'moved' with the Island?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 09:13:09 PM »
Did we ever see the debris of the freighter after the island disappeared? Or did it vanish with the island?

If the debris was still there, why didn't Sun insist Penny's boat go back to try to find it and look for possible survivors? She only has Jack's word that Jin's dead? (Assuming they weren't adrift on the raft for very long)

Hi by the way. Long time lurker checking in  :)

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 09:46:04 PM »
Oh yes, the people with Daniel in the little boat (forget what the call it, Id call it a rib) - did they go with the Island too or are they stranded out at sea not the Island moved?

It is RHIB
R-idgid
H-ull
I-nflatable
B-oat

If freighter remains went with island then Helo would have to go too. It was far closer to island then freighter.
Dan and the Other Oceanic 6 did not go with the island either, they will return to the world to kill the O6 cover up story. Or be quickly silenced by Widmore.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: "Whoever moves the Island can never come back..."
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 11:47:18 PM »
If I remember correctly Haliwax on the Orientation film decribed a rabbit 'dissapearing' for a split second due to a jump in time - this IMO was a big reference to why the Island will 'dissapear' - it wont move, just appear to vanish to those in the present.
I agree, those left on the Island may experience nothing at all, but i would be surprised if moving through time (or space) has no side effects, even if they are mental rather than pysical, hallucination, sickness etc

Then I doubt there would be ripples in the water afterwards if the island itself did not physically move.

Offline motorcycle

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 07:35:11 AM »
When Ben booked in at that Tunisian hotel, he said it wasn't his first visit but "it had been a while". When he was first in Tunisia, could he have moved the island then? Both the Polar Bear and Ben both ended up in Tunisia, yet I doubt the Polar Bear moved the island too. As Ben has gone to Tunisia before and got back, then did he just teleport that time and not time-travel?

But it seems odd that teleportation and moving the island both have the same eventual destination for whomever is in or behind teleporting machine. If the teleportation is explained by 'negatively charged exotic matter', then what is the wheel explained by?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 07:37:31 AM by motorcycle »

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 09:55:32 AM »
Ben says this to Locke right before he moves the Island (with the now famous, frozen donkey wheel). Now does he actually mean whoever moves it can never come back to the Island? I doubt it as he seems to be planning a return trip when he says to Jack in the funeral parlour 'we're going to have to bring him (Locke) too' - implying that Ben will be joining them.

I saw "can" as a possibility. Like if you move the wheel you jump in time and you don't know when and where you appear
and if you can find the island again.
But English is not my language and I think in that case he would have said "whoever moves the island could never come back..."

Offline ???M???

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Moving both islands??
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008, 10:04:08 AM »
when ben turned the wheel the light surrounded the one island, we didnt see the other island but it must have a bigger connection with the main island than we thaught to have moved to

what dya think ??

Offline Psych0666

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Moving both islands??
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 10:26:15 AM »
I think that the two islands are really one island connected by land under the sea....... maybe

Offline beanblog

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Who else moved the island?
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 12:26:06 PM »
Only problem is that the polar bears would have some major difficult turning that wheel. You couldn't travel in circles like a normal "donkey wheel" so they would need to push instead of pull.

But also remember: DHARMA trained their polar bears.  If they can be trained to get their own fish biscuits, they can be trained to turn a wheel. 

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Who else moved the island?
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 01:42:09 PM »
Back to the subject...

Both times something, I'll call supernatural happens, we see very, very old carvings near or around the object(s)  Ben's secret room cave and the bottom of the icy ladder.

I'd hazard to guess Dharma has moved the island in their silly little experiments, but I'll guarantee (money back) they didn't make the carvings.

Somebody long before them, be it Jacob, Richard, or earlier has been trying to find a nice spot for this place to settle.

Offline Tigre

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008, 02:54:41 PM »
The island is surrounded by a bubble. The other islands are inside that bubble, therefore they went whooshie too.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 02:58:01 PM »
The called it Zodiac.

My current theory is only the land and anything on the land moved. That means that Daniel and the Zodiac were stranded, as well as the survivors of the Kahana explosion. If that's the case, though, I don't know why they didn't join up with our O6.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 03:17:33 PM »
Dan and the other red shirts in the ZODIAC were not seen by Frank or Jack in the choper. Remember that there were remains of the freighter as Sun screamed to Jack and Frank to turn around and see if Jin was there. They showed no people in the water or on a ZODIAC. Thus is why everyone is with the island and in the DOME area safe.

Offline Tigre

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 03:20:20 PM »
The island is surrounded/protected by a bubble. That's why the other smaller island's went too.
The zodiac was inside the bubble when the Island went.
The helicopter and freighter were not.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Wrong mover of island
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 03:23:04 PM »
Was Ben Linus suppose to die instead of moving the island?
John Locke we see in Jacobs cabin is talking to Christian Shepard while Claire watches.
Christian Shepard says to Locke, "You are to move the island."
But who does move the island in fact, Ben. Does Ben know what may happen to Locke after he moves the island? If Locke moved the island instead of Ben would he have lived and Ben died?
Odd no one has mentioned anything about Ben moving the island and not Locke as told by Christian.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »
I think that the two islands are really one island connected by land under the sea....... maybe
Two islands that close together in the middle of the Pacific are nearly guaranteed to share a base.