Author Topic: Who's plan to bring....  (Read 4916 times)

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Who's plan to bring....
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2008, 06:40:33 PM »
Just to clear the air, didn't Walt specifically say to Hurley "Jeremy Bentham came to see me?"

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2008, 07:53:52 PM »
Someone else on here (I want to say Sweet Old Lady but I may be wrong) has pointed out that there are cigarette butts in that room but no evidence that Christian or Ana Lucia smoked. So who do they belong to? And are they related to the still smoldering cigarette butts in the Pearl Station when Locke entered it?
I think the butts in the Pearl were from Paulo, but he was killed before they could explain it.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2008, 06:12:36 AM »
I think the butts in the Pearl were from Paulo, but he was killed before they could explain it.

Sawyer smoked, till the cigarettes finished on the island.
Paolo took nicotinegum.
Nikki and Paolo poisoned Zukerman. Later in the paper they read he died of heart failure.
Christian died of heart failure too, due to alcohol.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2008, 11:53:51 AM »

Sawyer smoked, till the cigarettes finished on the island.
Paolo took nicotinegum.
Nikki and Paolo poisoned Zukerman. Later in the paper they read he died of heart failure.
Christian died of heart failure too, due to alcohol.

I'm usually very against the idea of putting the people on the show into the role of "undercover others", but If Sawyer were involved, it would explain the smokes in the hotel room, the Pearl, and how the others knew about him killing the guy in Australia. Just a thought. I'm not entirely on board with it (even though it is my own thought) but I just figured I throw it up there.

Offline Gizmogrl83

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2008, 01:15:57 PM »
Just to clear the air, didn't Walt specifically say to Hurley "Jeremy Bentham came to see me?"
\
Yes he did.  Then he asked Hurley why they were lying. 

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2008, 02:17:48 PM »
Wonder why Walt said "Jeremy Bentham came to see me" instead of saying "Locke came to see me."   ???   Do you suppose Locke/Bentham told Walt "you have to refer to me as Bentham because we're doing this big cover-up" or something?  That doesn't really fit with why Walt would still be confused and still asking Hurley why everyone is lying.  Maybe Walt has forgotten who Locke is?  Surely not -- it hasn't been that long, and he and Locke were pretty close on the island.  Has his mind been wiped or something?  Or did Locke appear different when he appeared to Walt as Bentham -- maybe he looked like Christian or Yemi or someone that Walt didn't know.  Hmmm.  Confusing.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2008, 03:16:06 PM »
my first impression is that everyone is calling him Jeremy Bentham because they have to. He told them to and told them why. I didn't read any more into it than that. And they all know Locke is Bentham.
So Locke is lieing about his name, and the 06 are lieing about the whole island. it all make sense to me. :-\ and the why makes sense to me too.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 03:20:11 PM by Mrs Hume »

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2008, 03:44:51 PM »
Well, there's also the point that if they use Locke's name early it at least partially spoils the big reveal at the end.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2008, 04:06:57 PM »
right, and that too !  (but that isn't their reason for it, so not part of the story) ;) also, I guess they are so paranoid that they feel (and they might be right) that anyone could be listing on the convo for information.

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2008, 11:19:56 PM »
Wonder why Walt said "Jeremy Bentham came to see me" instead of saying "Locke came to see me."   ???   Do you suppose Locke/Bentham told Walt "you have to refer to me as Bentham because we're doing this big cover-up" or something?  That doesn't really fit with why Walt would still be confused and still asking Hurley why everyone is lying.  Maybe Walt has forgotten who Locke is?  Surely not -- it hasn't been that long, and he and Locke were pretty close on the island.  Has his mind been wiped or something?  Or did Locke appear different when he appeared to Walt as Bentham -- maybe he looked like Christian or Yemi or someone that Walt didn't know.  Hmmm.  Confusing.

Madam P everything you write I totally think about but don't put on here. That is awesome to me!  :) I was pretty tripped out like "will a bomb go off if they say Locke or something?" I think Walt couldn't forget Locke. Locke looked goofy in the casket. <---very random. But I don't really know what I think about it until I see the next epi's  :-\

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2008, 09:28:27 AM »
Well, great minds and all that...  ;)