Author Topic: Sun went over to the dark side  (Read 14988 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Sun went over to the dark side
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2008, 03:29:18 PM »
PS, killing Colleen was killing in self defense....

Really?? How do you figure??

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2008, 03:35:36 PM »

Sun was scared that the Others were going to kill her, so she shot Colleen. Sure, Colleen was unarmed and Sun had no real right to shoot, but it was basically in self-defense.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2008, 03:43:53 PM »
Visiting widmore as part of Ben's plan to get them back to the island.
IMO Ben tells Sun that Jin is alive, but to get Jin back she must get Widmore to go along with Ben's plan. No one has mentioned this but I beleive that Widmore will be part of the group that Ben talks about needing to go back to the island.
Sun is full of hate and it is directed at Jack due to not turning the choper around to look for Jin.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2008, 04:03:56 PM »

Sun was scared that the Others were going to kill her, so she shot Colleen. Sure, Colleen was unarmed and Sun had no real right to shoot, but it was basically in self-defense.

Meh, not really buying it. But I'm not thinking that Sun is a bad guy either.

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2008, 05:22:28 PM »
Sun isn't a sweetheart. Her flashbacks portray her differently. And the flash forward seems to suggest her mean streak has taken over.

In the other hand, Jack never finished the sentence as to WHY/WHAT FOR Sun blames him...maybe the blame has to do with the big lie, not with Jin's death.
She's a smart girl, obviously her dad and Widmore - and even Ben - are more to blame for Jin's death than Jack.
BTW, Jin IS dead.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2008, 05:32:31 PM »
Does Sun not say that she blames Jack on the coper for not going to look for Jin and her father ultamitely for how he felt about Jin?
I thought that Sun says this to Jack while on the choper.

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2008, 05:36:03 PM »
I don't think so. All she screams about in the chopper is going back for Jin, and many of them (Lapidus, Sayid) - not just Jack, tell her it's over, he's gone. I saw the finale 2X and she never directed any accusations to Jack.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2008, 06:29:21 PM »
Sun's going to double-cross Widmore. She's probably working for Ben too!

Question: If you wanted to find the Island again, whom would you choose?

a) The wealthy mysterious man responsible for your husband being blown up;

b) His wealthy mysterious daughter, whom rescued you and allowed you a week to recuperate, prior to the resultant media circus;

c) None of the above because they are a strange family and although the daughter seems "nice", the apple never falls far from the tree.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2008, 07:01:06 PM »
Here's our shared thought-
Sun is working for Ben Linus
This is Ben's plan on when telling Jack, "I can get them to go." (i.e. Jack, Kate, Hugo, Sayid, Sun, and Locke's body)
All Ben needs is Widmore to join in and help find the island or return to the island.

Offline zhephree

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2008, 07:21:25 PM »
Really doubt Jack is the #2. Remember a few episodes back when everyone was at Christian's memorial service? Wasn't Sun there? Why would she attend Jack's dad's memorial service if she hated Jack so much?

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2008, 07:23:10 PM »
Really doubt Jack is the #2. Remember a few episodes back when everyone was at Christian's memorial service? Wasn't Sun there? Why would she attend Jack's dad's memorial service if she hated Jack so much?

Hi zheephree.

No. Sun was notably absent.

She wasn't at Hurley's party either.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2008, 07:32:02 PM »
Welcome, zhee!

What Mango said.

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2008, 11:22:29 PM »

Meh, not really buying it. But I'm not thinking that Sun is a bad guy either.

FINALLY some people I agree with! The Son has risen!

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2008, 09:32:43 AM »
I'm also in the camp that thinks she is going to set up Widmore for some kind of fall, and the "dark" Sun might just be a way to further push the con.

Offline versed4every1

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2008, 12:47:01 PM »
First off, to keep on topic, let me address my comments to Sun:  In "The Glass Ballerina" we see that Sun has absolutely no problem in lying to her father about who broke the glass ballerina--she threw the maid under the bus knowing full well that her father would fire the maid.  Next we see Sun's lover hit the hood of a car clutching the pearls he bought for Sun.  Jin first visited the guy at her father's request, but I have ALWAYS believed it was Sun who threw her lover out the window after she followed Jin to find out to whom he was going to "deliver a message," despite what Lindelof/Cuse say.  They would not have shown her ability to be so ruthless, had they not intended for the audience to even consider that it was  Sun who threw her boyfriend out of a window.

We've also seen Sun be relentless in dealing with Jin's mother.  Sun also shot and killed one of TheOthers (can't remember her name) at point blank range and didn't even blink twice about having done so.  She has not JUST now gone over to the dark side, she's been tip toing on the brink for a very, very long time.

That was just the beginning--I can't wait to see what deliciously nasty things she'll do now that she's back.

BTW, I don't believe Jin is dead.  I think when Ben moved the Island, he moved the Island in time--to a previous time, therein before the Mercs' infiltration.  That's why the Socks'll never win the Series ;)  thoughts?

sunny cheers
*Des8

Amen and Amen!

Sun was identified in the Glass Ballerina as something much more than meets the eye.  She is ruthless! 

Nice to see you Des!