Author Topic: Sun went over to the dark side  (Read 14984 times)

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Sun went over to the dark side
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2008, 04:29:23 PM »
That's a good point on why Sun might blame Jack... or Kate for that matter.

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2008, 09:07:37 PM »
First off, to keep on topic, let me address my comments to Sun:  In "The Glass Ballerina" we see that Sun has absolutely no problem in lying to her father about who broke the glass ballerina--she threw the maid under the bus knowing full well that her father would fire the maid.  Next we see Sun's lover hit the hood of a car clutching the pearls he bought for Sun.  Jin first visited the guy at her father's request, but I have ALWAYS believed it was Sun who threw her lover out the window after she followed Jin to find out to whom he was going to "deliver a message," despite what Lindelof/Cuse say.  They would not have shown her ability to be so ruthless, had they not intended for the audience to even consider that it was  Sun who threw her boyfriend out of a window.

We've also seen Sun be relentless in dealing with Jin's mother.  Sun also shot and killed one of TheOthers (can't remember her name) at point blank range and didn't even blink twice about having done so.  She has not JUST now gone over to the dark side, she's been tip toing on the brink for a very, very long time.

That was just the beginning--I can't wait to see what deliciously nasty things she'll do now that she's back.

BTW, I don't believe Jin is dead.  I think when Ben moved the Island, he moved the Island in time--to a previous time, therein before the Mercs' infiltration.  That's why the Socks'll never win the Series ;)  thoughts?

sunny cheers
*Des8

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2008, 09:28:57 PM »
Thanks LostAndSeek! haha ;)

I get why people would think Sun would be mad at Jack and Kate, but come on. That is such an immature, whiny reason.
"Jack wouldn't let me go back!" <--- sounds lame to me and I really don't think the writers would throw that in. I'm sorry, I'm
not trying to put down anybody else or what you think but it does sound way to grade school for Sun's style. She's the walk-up-to-my-dad-and-blow-him-outta-the-water type.... im(humble)o. And if THAT'S the reason someone might think she's mad at Jack, why not the pilot? Or anyone else in the plane? Just b/c she stared at Jack w/ disbelief and he seemed all hard shelled? She could have jumped if she really wanted to. She could have stayed for Jin. She's preggers and might've been thinking about the bebe. But I just don't think Sun would go all nutso on her friends. And her second scream made me stop crying and give a weird face like "Really?" Ok but all negative aside it's really really great to hear what others think so keep up the great work (even if I seem negative, I do appreciate reading everyones stuff)

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2008, 10:05:42 PM »
Well, when it comes to the combination of grief and blame you can't always count on logic. The logical person is Widmore and he may well be her target, but I wouldn't rule Jack out entirely.

Des, I think you're being too hard on her. Yeah, she lied and cheated, but that's a far cry from murder. Might she go very dark now? Yeah she might, but not in her past, IMHO.

Offline tylerncc

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2008, 11:32:29 PM »
LostandSeek, thanks for the welcome!  Ive been lurking a while, only recently decided to post!  Anyway, excellent point on the timeline...  Guess I need to rethink my position on who the two are!  Still not convinced its Jack, though...we'll see!
-T

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2008, 11:44:30 PM »
I'm going with Jack as my #2 as well.  It seems obvious to me.  Kate tried to go back and get Jin, Jack stopped her.  Sun wanted to go back and get Jin, Jack stopped her too.  He basically said "screw Jin" and left him.  It was most telling when he grabbed Kate and said he's not leaving without HER.  Jin wasn't that important to him.  If I were Sun, I'd blame him.  I don't see how she could blame anyone else.  I guess she could blame Ben, but as far as we know, she doesn't know what went down there and even then, I'd say Ben would be a #3 person to blame.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2008, 12:21:45 AM »
Thanks LostAndSeek! haha ;)

I get why people would think Sun would be mad at Jack and Kate, but come on. That is such an immature, whiny reason.
"Jack wouldn't let me go back!" <--- sounds lame to me and I really don't think the writers would throw that in. I'm sorry, I'm
not trying to put down anybody else or what you think but it does sound way to grade school for Sun's style. She's the walk-up-to-my-dad-and-blow-him-outta-the-water type.... im(humble)o. And if THAT'S the reason someone might think she's mad at Jack, why not the pilot? Or anyone else in the plane? Just b/c she stared at Jack w/ disbelief and he seemed all hard shelled? She could have jumped if she really wanted to. She could have stayed for Jin. She's preggers and might've been thinking about the bebe. But I just don't think Sun would go all nutso on her friends. And her second scream made me stop crying and give a weird face like "Really?" Ok but all negative aside it's really really great to hear what others think so keep up the great work (even if I seem negative, I do appreciate reading everyones stuff)

Actually, Lindelof/Cuse said that Sun would be a force to be reckoned with the following season, 5.  They've been setting it up for 2 years--it's not my story, it's theirs,  but the forshadowing is there.  Revenge or vengance is nothing new for Sun.  I strongly suggest you go back and rewatch the seasons preceding 4.  Sun has always been vengeful, particularly when it came to protecting her own interests, this time, being Jin.

she will be a force to be reckoned with; we all saw it coming, if you were paying attention to the storyline, and it's not going to be pretty.  BTW LostnS:  We've seen her murder in cold blood.... so I don't know what show you're watching, it must not be the same as mine.  Sun has always had the capacity to be relentless, and it's coming out in spades now.

cheers
*Des8

cheers
*Des8
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 12:26:22 AM by Desmond8MyPopRocks »

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2008, 01:14:09 PM »
I think Sun is smarter than to blame Jack for what happened to Jin.   
Absolutely right. Sun is a VERY smart cookie and I think we're going to see a lot more of just how smart. She's playing Widmore for sure. If anyone blames Jack for Jen's death believe me ... it's probably only Jack! The guy has some kind of messianic complex and thinks EVERYTHING depends on him and what he does or doesn't do ... it's his major flaw --- he's a nice enough guy but a serious control freak.
You do realize of course that angry women are not generally known for their rationalization, right?

I think Sun blaims Paik and Jack.

I think Jin is dead with a possibility of being alive, and Michael is definitely dead. If you have any doubts, the last think Michael hears is "You can go now," obviously saying he is allowed to die.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2008, 05:37:21 PM »
Des, I assume you're talking about Sun killing Colleen. That wasn't murder in my book. Based on what's happened before Sun has every reason to fear the Others (kidnapped Claire, tortured Steve to death, etc.) She tells Colleen to stop but she keeps coming at her.... Her options are surrender or fight. She chose to fight.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2008, 09:39:02 PM »
Des, I assume you're talking about Sun killing Colleen. That wasn't murder in my book. Based on what's happened before Sun has every reason to fear the Others (kidnapped Claire, tortured Steve to death, etc.) She tells Colleen to stop but she keeps coming at her.... Her options are surrender or fight. She chose to fight.

It takes a lot of guts to shoot someone at point blank range, and Colleen was unarmed.  It'll be fun to watch Sun's personality change now that she's off the Island.

Great thoughts, though!
cheers
*Des8

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2008, 04:16:31 AM »
I don't think Sun went over to the dark side anymore than any character on Lost.  When she approached Widmore my first thoughts were that she was going to make him pay the price for his part in the drama of the Losties being on the Island.  I didn't think she was going to team with Widmore.  She said she blamed two people for Jin's death. One is Ben and I thought the second was Widmore (or Jack, if it were me, I'd blame Jack).

Sun is a character that I sense many viewers don't like or don't relate to much, but I've always enjoyed the episodes that focused on Sun and Jin.  Might be that I could relate to a married couple or I just enjoyed watching Jin learn to communicate with everyone.  Jin's camping epi was one of my favorites!

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2008, 06:23:29 AM »
Actually, Lindelof/Cuse said that Sun would be a force to be reckoned with the following season, 5.  They've been setting it up for 2 years--it's not my story, it's theirs,  but the forshadowing is there.  Revenge or vengance is nothing new for Sun.  I strongly suggest you go back and rewatch the seasons preceding 4.  Sun has always been vengeful, particularly when it came to protecting her own interests, this time, being Jin.

she will be a force to be reckoned with; we all saw it coming, if you were paying attention to the storyline, and it's not going to be pretty.  BTW LostnS:  We've seen her murder in cold blood.... so I don't know what show you're watching, it must not be the same as mine.  Sun has always had the capacity to be relentless, and it's coming out in spades now.

cheers
*Des8

cheers
*Des8

Wow clearly you feel strongly about this  :P I was just saying that I wouldn't be shocked if Jack wasn't the only one on Sun's chopping block. And if she was so interested in protecting her own interests don't you think she'd be thinking about her somewhat grown child too and leaving it motherless? People change when they have kids. So whether Sun seeks revenge or not I think it's naive to say we all know the outcome even if one might dissect the producers notes. I mean, the show would suck if it was to predictable! I don't have time to rewatch the previous seasons over and over again, but I'll rely on serious forum posters instead to keep me straight  ::) haha thanks!  8)

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2008, 07:24:18 AM »
In my opinion, in the epi "Through the Looking Glass" everything changed, meaning our Losties' personalities.  I've posed this before, but in the book "Through the Looking Glass" everything is exactly the opposite of what is reality.  How does this relate to LOST?  The writers are very clever in naming their episodes to give us clues as to the story right under our noses.  I believe in that episode alone, we saw so many changes to our characters' personalities, Sun included...

but was she always so sweet?  What her story has told us through 4 seasons is that she's capable of a great many things, not all of them sweet==quite the contrary.  My point is that she's always been capable of dark things, including when she was a child.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, my Lostie friend ;)

see you in another life, brothah
cheers
*Des8

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2008, 09:00:18 AM »
In my opinion, in the epi "Through the Looking Glass" everything changed, meaning our Losties' personalities.  I've posed this before, but in the book "Through the Looking Glass" everything is exactly the opposite of what is reality.  How does this relate to LOST?  The writers are very clever in naming their episodes to give us clues as to the story right under our noses.  I believe in that episode alone, we saw so many changes to our characters' personalities, Sun included...

but was she always so sweet?  What her story has told us through 4 seasons is that she's capable of a great many things, not all of them sweet==quite the contrary.  My point is that she's always been capable of dark things, including when she was a child.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, my Lostie friend ;)

see you in another life, brothah
cheers
*Des8

Well, if you consider lying a dark side trait then we all are evil. :D  Not debating this as the point is simply this, Sun has had strong parents who have made her dress, date, and act certain ways. Part of the culture?  Part of the financial status which result in her wanting to rebel.

She found the man she loved with Jin on this island again, it gave them a child she wasn't suppose to have.  Then all that was taken away.  Her vengance/revenge or whatever you want to call it is what was written.  They do this to make the show move forward. 

Yes, she has targets, Jack, her father and it appears Widmore maybe the other. 

Whatever the writers write is what Sun will be. 

PS, killing Colleen was killing in self defense....

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2008, 09:28:40 AM »
If the 2nd was Jack why is she visiting Widmore?
She is in her fathers company now and can send someone to deliver a present
and keep her hands clean.
I think she spoke with Penny in the week on Penny's boat and learned some new things
about mr. Paik and Widmore.
But I have no idea if she is after Ben and needs Widmore's help or if she is after Widmore
and cons him.