Author Topic: Polar Bear Thoughts  (Read 12888 times)

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Polar Bear Thoughts
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2008, 03:03:43 PM »
Ben only destroyed the transporter and nothing else. If the island was moved previously there would be other ways to access the donkey wheel. Though as you notice as Ben took the most direct way to the source which was through the wall. It is a ridicoulis idea to say that because there was ice in the room that this is what the polar bears were used for. To turn a donkey wheel! Polar bears were used for large size test dummies for the transporter and maybe climate experiments.

Offline captaintau

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2008, 03:28:41 PM »
I was thinking it may be possible that after the Dharma purge Ben and the others used the trained polar bears to move the island at least once before.  Could explain the need to move the island after Danielle's boat crashed on the island.  Also would explain why a polar bear was found in the middle of Tunisia.  This would also make sure that everyone on the island could remain.....
That is brilliant  ;D

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2008, 03:29:45 PM »
I'm guessing that a previous island move involved it suddenly appearing under a certain slave ship, leaving the ship mysteriously far in-land.

yeah, I brought up that possibility several weeks ago as well. Seems the most logical explanation.

I agree this is reasonable (to the extent that word makes sense when we're talking about teleportation and time travel). And if the Island were located off the coast of Africa not too many years ago, it would help explain the Nigerian plane.

Yes, because one of the nagging questions was how could a tiny little plane like a Beechcraft fly all the way from Nigeria to where the island is (was) now?  Good catch.

How about this then -- did the island, in some previous move, end up underneath the ruins of a four-toed statue?  I was watching National Geo about Stonehenge the other night and this occurred to me.  Maybe the four-toed statue doesn't have anything to do with any ancient inhabitants of "our" island, but it came from some other place that our island happened to materialize under?  Like, oh, say Atlantis or something?

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2008, 04:45:13 PM »
So I am to asume that this-
Island moves and.....
beachcraft slams into a tree killing Yemi somewhere off Africa
Henry Gale's ballon is drifting along and "blam!"
French scientist freighter floats along and "crash!" into the island

If you are kind of saying this then either 815 ran into the island on accident or the island popped up under them and caused them to crash.

Pilot said they were off 1,000 miles
Des said it's because he didn't push the button

Theories?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2008, 02:15:09 AM »
Island moves and.....

If you are kind of saying this then either 815 ran into the island on accident or the island popped up under them and caused them to crash.

Theories?
I don't think all of the crashes were because of the moving island. I think I can only attribute the Black Rock to the moving island. I also think that the Beechcraft MAY have crashed on the island when it was in a previous location.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2008, 02:46:11 PM »
Agree that the Black Rock was probably floating along and "POP" up came the island.
Everyone else found it by accident floating thru the "dome" or pulled my the magnetism of the island.

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2008, 03:22:53 PM »
Island moves and.....

Theories?

That's all very mind blowing! I never thought of the island appearing out of nowhere in order to make some of those things happen. And the random foot statue? It almost makes my head hurt thinking about this!

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2008, 04:58:23 PM »
I agree with JB. Blackrock may have been caught during a move. The plane probably crashed while the Island was in a previous location. Then later it moved to the South Pacific.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2008, 05:28:48 AM »
I agree.  With LAndS, JB, & L-N-D.

You guys are all saying the same thing, right? ??? :-\ :)

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2008, 01:32:28 AM »
Makes good sence, but how would a polar bear know when exactly to push the wheel?

I had to laugh at this. Only in the world of Lost would we say a polar bear pushing a wheel to make an Island move in time and space makes sense.  ;D
Not only that, but it has to be one of the worst speculative Lost theories ever.  First of all, it was only 'half a donkey wheel', not a full wheel around, so there would be nowhere for the polar bears to 'pull' it to.  It could only be pushed by someone with arms and a human intelligence, because you would have to have leverage from the front of the wheel, not from the back, which a bear could only do.  A bear could not 'push' the wheel, only it pull it around, and the wheel did not go all the way around.  It was only half a wheel.  Sheesh.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2008, 04:14:51 PM »
Hey- they were smarter than Sawyer in the cages! ;D  jk

Offline captaintau

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2009, 03:49:39 PM »
Makes good sence, but how would a polar bear know when exactly to push the wheel?

I had to laugh at this. Only in the world of Lost would we say a polar bear pushing a wheel to make an Island move in time and space makes sense.  ;D
Not only that, but it has to be one of the worst speculative Lost theories ever.  First of all, it was only 'half a donkey wheel', not a full wheel around, so there would be nowhere for the polar bears to 'pull' it to.  It could only be pushed by someone with arms and a human intelligence, because you would have to have leverage from the front of the wheel, not from the back, which a bear could only do.  A bear could not 'push' the wheel, only it pull it around, and the wheel did not go all the way around.  It was only half a wheel.  Sheesh.

But we've seen the orchid under construction. Surely it wasn't always as we see now... then.... whenever. It all makes so much sense.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »
I love it when threads reappear after a year.  :)

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2009, 06:07:08 AM »

I thought we were gonna thread hang Justin!? What happened to this idea!!?? I never see you on here  :-[ Boooo!

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2009, 06:13:17 PM »

I thought we were gonna thread hang Justin!? What happened to this idea!!?? I never see you on here  :-[ Boooo!

It's the rotten time zones! Today is nearly over here already and I think it's only four in the afternoon for you at the minute.  :(