Author Topic: Aaron Questions???  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Aaron Questions???
« on: May 30, 2008, 08:03:04 AM »
In one of the first seasons Claire was told she shouldn't give the baby up for adoption and that she needed to raise the baby herself.  Why was it important for her to raise the child herself if she dies so soon after giving birth?

Why does she come to Kate in a dream and tell her not to come back to the island with Aaron???

Why shouldn't Jack raise Aaron?  After his dad's funeral, I thought it was because of what Hurley had told him and they were trying to tell Jack that Claire's mother should be raising him.  And why shouldn't Jack be raising him if he is also related to him?

Offline red255

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Aaron Questions???
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 09:25:12 AM »
we don't know that she is dead. just that she went off in the night and is no where to be found.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 10:30:33 AM »
I don't think that Claire is dead personally. I actually thought they were going to kill her off last night. AS far as the dream, I think that the "very bad things" that happened on the island ar her reason for not wanting her baby to be back there.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 12:11:00 PM »
I think the dream was intended to throw us off, and also to illustrate Kate's pending conflict about going back to the island. Because it was a dream, it's not exactly the same as other ghost sightings, so I am not assuming she is dead.

We can guess that all of the 6 plus Locke will ultimately return to the island, including Aaron.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 01:16:46 PM »
J= John Locke
A= Aaron
C= Christian Shepard
O=?
B= Ben Linus

It's Jacob vs. Richard
All those listed as JACOB are being killed and Ben has found a way to stay alive. Richard is looking for "special" kids.
Aaron is to follow the same path as the rest.

Offline psychoag98

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 01:26:37 PM »
Did the actress that plays Claire look bigger/fatter to anyone else?  Maybe the actress is really pregnant this time...

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 01:46:05 PM »
Richard is looking for "special" kids.
Aaron is to follow the same path as the rest.

Hadn't thought of it like this.  Could be . . .

Also, I think Claire is actually dead, but I also think that being on the island has some kind of effect on those that have died. Christian was dead before he got to the island and miraculously comes back to some kind of "almost life" after his body gets to the island. That sort of explains why the island is so interesting to Miles and why he was one of the four chosen to study it.

I don't think Claire would have left Aaron had she not died.  But don't really get why she would come to Kate in that dream telling her not to bring Aaron back to the island, but like someone said the dream might have been to throw us off.  I do believe that it was really Claire telling her that and not just a dream.

Offline Sammy_G

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 01:58:13 PM »
Historically throughout the show, the meaningful/ghost dreams that the islanders have are preceded by a close up on the dreamers eyeball showing the dreamers eyes dialate or puples get smaller.  This did not happen with Kate's dream of Claire.  perhaps it was just a regular dream and not an island ghost dream.

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 02:38:51 PM »
I wondered how Aaron survived without his mother to feed him. He left the jungle with Sawyer and crew, went to the boat, in the helicopter, into the ocean. on the life boat, on Penny's boat for a very long trip, on the small boat to the small island.  I realize this is t.v. but it was most unrealistic.
Perhaps if Kate et al go back Kate could leave Aaron with Claire's mother and not put him through the vigors of such a trip. That would solve the problem of a baby growing up too soon ( like Walt).  It will be difficult to wait  all these months to see how they resolve it all.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 04:07:38 PM »
I wondered how Aaron survived without his mother to feed him. He left the jungle with Sawyer and crew, went to the boat, in the helicopter, into the ocean. on the life boat, on Penny's boat for a very long trip, on the small boat to the small island.  I realize this is t.v. but it was most unrealistic.
Perhaps if Kate et al go back Kate could leave Aaron with Claire's mother and not put him through the vigors of such a trip. That would solve the problem of a baby growing up too soon ( like Walt).  It will be difficult to wait  all these months to see how they resolve it all.

You can survive this long without eating. Millions of people in the world do it all the time. It was only a few days at most. Granted, it wouldn't be pleasant, but it's not impossible.  But just think of how Claires breasts will look and feel after a few days f not breast feeding. Ouch!  Now that is something they won't address on the show, for sure.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 04:14:19 PM »

The only unrealistic thing I found was that baby Aaron didn't cry in all of this. We don't know for sure that he didn't eat on the boat. There were time lapses and Sun had him. We don't know how long they were in the water before finding Penny, looked like same night. Penny probably had food on board. Granted, it's not ideal to feed a 5-week old adult food but it certainly could have kept him alive and somewhat healthy for a while.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 04:44:38 PM »
I think the dream was intended to throw us off, and also to illustrate Kate's pending conflict about going back to the island. Because it was a dream, it's not exactly the same as other ghost sightings, so I am not assuming she is dead.

We can guess that all of the 6 plus Locke will ultimately return to the island, including Aaron.

I have my theory about kate's dream that I posted a few weeks/days (I'm not even sure anymore) ago...

I am betting that all of the O6 have some serious mental issues down the line which makes them want to go back. All involving some vision of a dead loved one. Hurley sees/saw Charlie, Jack sees/saw his dad; I'm betting that Sun sees Jin, Sayid sees Shannon (or Rousseau for some reason I'm thinking I says), and Kate sees Claire.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 05:17:28 PM »

I have my theory about kate's dream that I posted a few weeks/days (I'm not even sure anymore) ago...

I am betting that all of the O6 have some serious mental issues down the line which makes them want to go back. All involving some vision of a dead loved one. Hurley sees/saw Charlie, Jack sees/saw his dad; I'm betting that Sun sees Jin, Sayid sees Shannon (or Rousseau for some reason I'm thinking I says), and Kate sees Claire.

I disagree. I don't think serious mental issues are what this is about, even with Hurley. Plus, I would hardly call Claire a "loved one" of Kate's in the context of Jack's dad. For this theory, Sayid would dream of Nadja (let's just pretend the little Shannon thing never occurred, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who cringed at that relationship and found it unrealistic and awkward).

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 05:21:20 PM »
Fair enough beann, we shall see. But Why would Sayid have a vision of Nadia?? If we're talking island "relations" she would have nothing to do with bringing him back, or is that not what you are saying??

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 05:24:48 PM »
Fair enough beann, we shall see. But Why would Sayid have a vision of Nadia?? If we're talking island "relations" she would have nothing to do with bringing him back, or is that not what you are saying??

Nadja would be under the guideline of "loved one" for Sayid (and, because I will kill myself if your theory is true and Sayid has visions of Shannon, and longs for her...I won't be able to handle it, I swear).

:-)