Author Topic: Did Jin really die in the explosion?  (Read 21047 times)

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Did Jin really die in the explosion?
« on: May 30, 2008, 06:45:10 AM »
I don't think Jin died in the explosion for a few reasons.  At first when I saw the episode with Hurley and Sun visiting Jin's supposed grave I thought he had died and that explained why he wasn't an Oceanic 6, but thinking more about it and the date on the tombstone being the date of the crash and the lie they told him about him dying I don't think so anymore.

Also when you watch the episode again, Jack is saying that he was sorry about Jin, but he never says he dies, instead he guts cut off mid-sentence.

And now that we know that Sun is pairing with Widmore to find the island, that's making me believe Jin didn't die in the explosion and she's going back to find him.

Offline Fenster

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Did Jin really die in the explosion?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 09:15:58 AM »
If he did somehow survive he'd be floating in the middle of the ocean as the island would have moved before he could have gotten back.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 09:42:41 AM »
At least until he gets picked up by the Faraday-Lostmobile

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 09:44:39 AM »
Jin has gone the way of Kelvin and died. But thank god Michael is dead, am I right?? Huh?? Yeah, I'm right.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 09:55:52 AM »
"Who the hell are you"-BOOM!

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 10:49:53 AM »
I think he's dead, but I'm open to the possibility that he survived.  I think at the very least everyone on that helicopter thinks he's dead, and I don't see how he'd get off the boat without anyone on the chopper being like thank god he jumped off!  Either way, Jin was a retard for staying behind with Michael.  Two straight finales of questionable deaths... last season Charlie closed himself in and died when he could've easily escaped.  This season Jin stayed with Michael because who knows why, and then stayed on the freighter instead of jumping off because who knows why.  And even if he did manage to jump off and survive, one thing I learned from Titanic is that he's just going to get sucked underwater and drown when that ship is sinking.

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 10:53:03 AM »
I'm going to be of the opinion that unless you see a dead body, they probably aren't dead.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 10:54:43 AM »
Actually Mythbusters tested the "vacuum theory" of a sinking boat and proved that it wont drag you down with it when it sinks,

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 11:10:39 AM »
That's funny because my friend said the helicopter didn't blow up when the fuel tank was shot and I told her Mythbusters proved that doesn't really happen unless maybe you're using tracer rounds.

Offline Jas0n

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 11:30:40 AM »
sorry dudes but Jin is dead. the island is gone, the only way he has a chance of surviving is if he somehow got off the boat, and got rescued by penelopes boat... and we all know that didnt happen.

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 11:35:22 AM »
i said it in another thread.. i dont think he's dead

if you look at sledgeweb's own screenshot of the boat explosion.. theres NO ONE on the deck of the boat and Jin was standing right where the helicopter pad is

http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2008/05/4x13-boat-explosion.php

i think michael was the only who died because he redeemed himself to the island but christian/jacob made it that everyone else was safe and probably back on the island..  somewhere we haven't seen yet

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 11:42:12 AM »
Jin is only dead IF the island is done with him.  I don't think it is.

Michael, on the other hand, was told by Christian (who is the island) that "he could go now".  Read:  dead.

Offline blueeyed2200

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 01:14:32 PM »
I honestly am still on the fence with this one. . . I agree with lostieloo that if we don't see a body, then they usually aren't dead.  Plus, I don't think Jin would be stupid enough to stay on the boat knowing it is going to explode.  Not to mention the fact that we don't see anyone on the deck when it explodes.  BUT,  if he did by chance get off the boat in time,  where could he have gone??  I think his only chance for living would be if Faraday and the Zodiac picked him up.  But if the Zodiac got sucked down with the island,  Jin would just end up S-O-L.   Unless he was smart enough to grab some type of floatation device before jumping.  Then he would float along in the ocean for a few days, and then be S-O-L.  Either way, it doesn't look promising for Jin, but I have high hopes!

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 01:31:32 PM »
i said it in another thread.. i dont think he's dead

if you look at sledgeweb's own screenshot of the boat explosion.. theres NO ONE on the deck of the boat and Jin was standing right where the helicopter pad is

http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2008/05/4x13-boat-explosion.php

i think michael was the only who died because he redeemed himself to the island but christian/jacob made it that everyone else was safe and probably back on the island..  somewhere we haven't seen yet

There is no one in the water either. There was more then just Jin on the boat. It had at least 11 red shirts and 5 crewmen aboard. I think Jack said to Sun there was no one in the water after the explosion.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 11:41:14 AM »
i think he's dead.  i don't want him to be dead, but i think he is.  that scene was SO dramatic, so serious, so grave that i don't think tptb will come back and say, 'well it doesn't matter, he's alive.'  sun's grief shook me as a viewer.  i think that was it. final.  end. dead.