Author Topic: Did Jin really die in the explosion?  (Read 20909 times)

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Did Jin really die in the explosion?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 01:58:36 PM »
Yunjin Kim was amazing in that scene..I felt like screaming and crying with her!  I really think she is the most underrated actress on the show!  I would love to see more of her and less Kate.  Anyways, I too think he is dead, but am open to him not being dead.  If he is not and they can explain it, the reunion would be better than the Penny/Desmond reunion.  However, I don't think this will happen.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 02:06:03 PM »
Jin is only dead IF the island is done with him.  I don't think it is.

Michael, on the other hand, was told by Christian (who is the island) that "he could go now".  Read:  dead.
*fingers crossed*  I agree & HOPE you're right!!!

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 02:28:23 PM »
^ I know, huh?  That would be an amazing and tear jerking reunion, just like Penny and Des!

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2008, 04:49:13 PM »
His only hope is Island intervention, of the magical, probably teleportational kind.

He can't have been saved by Danny's boat. That boat could not have been to the freighter, picked Jin up and gotten back inside the bubble before the helicopter gets there.

I want him to be alive, but I fear its serious Island juju or nothing.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2008, 04:54:14 PM »
Off topic...so Faraday is doomed too?

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 05:07:04 PM »
Oh no, I think Faraday and company are inside the bubble.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 05:07:30 PM »
Oh good!

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 05:13:31 PM »
Oh no, I think Faraday and company are inside the bubble.
No Faraday and the Other Oceanic 6 (O-O6) were traveling in the direction of the boat. The island light was comming from behind them. Faraday and O-O6 will make a return next season in contradiction to Sayid's answer to the reporter, who they showed again for a reason. This gives the writers 6 more back stories to work with.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 05:51:51 PM »
if you look at sledgeweb's own screenshot of the boat explosion.. theres NO ONE on the deck of the boat and Jin was standing right where the helicopter pad is

http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2008/05/4x13-boat-explosion.php
You realize that any pyrotechnic who destroys a boat with actors still on it is basically insane, right?

I say Jin is dead, but I've been saying that since Sun did back in Ji Yeon. Michael is most likely dead. Christian saying "You can go now" seemed like he was released and allowed to die.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2008, 05:59:30 PM »
I was watching this scene and it would appear that he died.  Sure they didn't show him RIGHT when the explosion happened, but hey! 

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2008, 06:05:14 PM »
I don't know if he died in the explosion or if he died by drowning. Did he ever get a life jacket?

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2008, 06:08:22 PM »
No he didn't.  Sun did really think he was down there tho...

Offline jphimself

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 11:03:06 PM »
I honestly am still on the fence with this one. . . I agree with lostieloo that if we don't see a body, then they usually aren't dead.  Plus, I don't think Jin would be stupid enough to stay on the boat knowing it is going to explode.  Not to mention the fact that we don't see anyone on the deck when it explodes.  BUT,  if he did by chance get off the boat in time,  where could he have gone??  I think his only chance for living would be if Faraday and the Zodiac picked him up.  But if the Zodiac got sucked down with the island,  Jin would just end up S-O-L.   Unless he was smart enough to grab some type of floatation device before jumping.  Then he would float along in the ocean for a few days, and then be S-O-L.  Either way, it doesn't look promising for Jin, but I have high hopes!

Here's another theory on how Jin could have survived, if he was able to dive off the boat before the explosion and survive the jump and the blast concussion:

As has been said, the Island would be gone, there would be no place for him to swim.
Jin would presumably be stranded just like the O6 plus Des and Frank.

But...we know that Halliwax, on the tape, warned against putting non-organic material in the chamber, especially metal.  Suppose only organic matter can transport (through time and/or space) with the island

It could be possible that Jin would transport with the Island while the gang in the chopper would not, even though closer to the Island, because they are encased in metal, the chopper itself.  After all, we don't know how wide an area would transport with the Island.  Perhaps Jin, alone and totally organic in the water, would fall within its influence.  As for Daniel and the others in the zodiac, could go either way, but I'd bet they would go with the Island as well because of their nearness to it.

Sun may have used her control of Paik Industries to discover this possibility, but needs to manipulate Widmore into some action to make her plan work, hence her trip to London.

Hell, it would make for one very satisfying reunion in season 5 or 6, especially after her agony at apparently losing him in the explosion.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2008, 11:19:20 PM »
if you look at sledgeweb's own screenshot of the boat explosion.. theres NO ONE on the deck of the boat and Jin was standing right where the helicopter pad is

http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2008/05/4x13-boat-explosion.php
You realize that any pyrotechnic who destroys a boat with actors still on it is basically insane, right?

I say Jin is dead, but I've been saying that since Sun did back in Ji Yeon. Michael is most likely dead. Christian saying "You can go now" seemed like he was released and allowed to die.

And you do realize that was all done with CG on a computer. Fake actors would be easy to put in there. There were no actors in the water either.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2008, 12:07:11 AM »
I don't know if Jin died or not.  But if he is alive no one on that helicopter would know it.  It's not like they went back and examined the water, they flew away.  So whatever Jack said to Sun or Sun said to Widmore has nothing to do with it because none of them have any way of knowing if Jin survived.