Author Topic: What about Dan??  (Read 7132 times)

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: What about Dan??
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 04:48:59 PM »
The island moving wouldn't have anything to do with Daniel worring about Des being his constant.
The island moving wouldn't effect Dans brain just time/space where he lands with the island.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2008, 05:10:40 PM »
When Sun said that they werent the only people who got off of the island she didn't have to mean Dan.

She meant Desmond. I think Widmore knows he is with his daughter again.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008, 05:12:39 PM »
When Sun said that they werent the only people who got off of the island she didn't have to mean Dan.

She meant Desmond. I think Widmore knows he is with his daughter again.

Totally.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2008, 05:16:54 PM »
im not sure but i think he was within the boundries and moved with the island
But if Daniel was 'in the boundaries", why wasn't the chopper?  The chopper was even closer to the island as they were going towards it to land there.  This doesn't make any sense.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2008, 05:18:31 PM »
Well, when you see the scene, the water is rushing into the center of where the island used to be, so maybe everything that is physically touching within the dome/bubble goes with the island.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 05:18:46 PM »
I have to think that being all by himself surrounded by only red shirts doesn't bode well for his future in the show.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2008, 05:20:32 PM »
I'm gonna go with the it moved with the island pattern of thought.  Just like the fish ans the seashells...vicinity.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 12:53:14 AM by Asmodean »

Offline Psych0666

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2008, 06:40:20 PM »
Well, when you see the scene, the water is rushing into the center of where the island used to be, so maybe everything that is physically touching within the dome/bubble goes with the island.

That gave me a wierd image of a guy jumpin in the air just the island moves only to land in water DOH!!!

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2008, 07:51:49 PM »
I think he's alive, but he's alone on the boat except for red shirts because we probably won't see him again for quite a while as he tries to get them back to the island.  Of course, if you don't know where the island is, you can't possibly know where the 305 heading is in relation to it, so when he does find the island, he will suddenly find that he needs his constant...

Jack

Once inside the dome I doubt that the bearings matter much. Just look at the Island and follow your nose.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2008, 05:31:44 PM »
I'm not gonna touch the dome in this, but I'm thinking that only the land was transported (and of course anything ON or attached to the land, like the Looking Glass). That means the chopper and Daniel's boat got screwed.

So what about Daniel? Was everyone on the Zodiac a redshirt? Where was Rose? Bernard? Maybe still on the beach. I'm gonna take another look to see who was on that Zodiac before I write Daniel off as dead. If they are all redshirts, I still don't think Daniel is gone. We'll see him later, probably Ben will find him. I'm guessing we'll see him next season.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2008, 09:18:38 PM »
I think he was transported. If not, why didn't the helicopter spot him?

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2008, 08:37:24 AM »
So what about Daniel? Was everyone on the Zodiac a redshirt? Where was Rose? Bernard? Maybe still on the beach. I'm gonna take another look to see who was on that Zodiac before I write Daniel off as dead. If they are all redshirts, I still don't think Daniel is gone. We'll see him later, probably Ben will find him. I'm guessing we'll see him next season.
They're all redshirts.  Here's a screencap of them when island's doing its thing. http://bp3.blogger.com/_Hxnvg45zlCw/SD9_LrgwVAI/AAAAAAAABkQ/uQnbdktNMjo/s1600-h/4x13-00028.jpg

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2008, 08:49:36 AM »
I hope Dan is alive. Maybe he was at the boarder in the bubble and jumped to the past
and lost his memory. That's how he knows about Desmond, the secondary protocol,
the oceanic flight etc. But I hope he and Jin got sucked in the whirlpool of the island moving.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2008, 03:13:32 PM »
I hope Dan is alive. Maybe he was at the boarder in the bubble and jumped to the past
and lost his memory. That's how he knows about Desmond, the secondary protocol,
the oceanic flight etc. But I hope he and Jin got sucked in the whirlpool of the island moving.

Jin was way too far out, and in far too many pieces.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2008, 03:18:07 PM »
They're all redshirts.  Here's a screencap of them when island's doing its thing. http://bp3.blogger.com/_Hxnvg45zlCw/SD9_LrgwVAI/AAAAAAAABkQ/uQnbdktNMjo/s1600-h/4x13-00028.jpg
Thanks Shakey... that doesn't bode well for Daniel, unless they make the redshirts more important characters in the future.