Author Topic: What about Dan??  (Read 8506 times)

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: What about Dan??
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 12:43:26 PM »
didn't Daniel write in his book that Des is his constant?

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 12:46:55 PM »
That was if he needed a constant, right? We never got conformation that he mind travled.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 12:47:42 PM »
Dan wrote in his notebook at the end of "the Constant" that desmond was his constant

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 12:53:58 PM »
Remeber all that the freighter when it blew was 5 miles in the island. How big is the dome? I'm sure it covers 5 miles and everyone including Jin and Michael were zapped with the island when it moved.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 01:26:05 PM »
But, why wouldn't the helicopter get carried with it?  If the "dome" reaches out that far, what shape is it?  The helicopter wasn't flying very high.

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 02:35:35 PM »
Dan wrote in his notebook at the end of "the Constant" that desmond was his constant
It was already in his note book, written at another time. I believe it was written when Des visited Dan back in 1996. He knew from Des that he would windup on a BLOODY ISLAND!!

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 02:36:42 PM »
dan never made it back to the island with the red shirts he was ferrying. he's probably dead.

Offline Gizmogrl83

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 02:40:57 PM »
When Sun said that they werent the only people who got off of the island she didn't have to mean Dan.  She could have meant Ben or Locke.  Dan should stay with the island. 

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 02:42:03 PM »
But, why wouldn't the helicopter get carried with it?  If the "dome" reaches out that far, what shape is it?  The helicopter wasn't flying very high.
I think the dome reached out to about the reef. The reef is 5 miles off shore. Dan and company were still with in the dome and I believe Jin was blown off the ship and Dan picked him up.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 02:45:29 PM »
I don't know... that would be one crazy shape.  To reach out 5 miles but not be high enough to envelope the helicopter?

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 02:51:32 PM »
I don't know... that would be one crazy shape.  To reach out 5 miles but not be high enough to envelope the helicopter?
The freighter was about 5 miles off shore, the chopper had lifted off and was heading back to the island, it never made it into the dome.....this is just my opinion.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 02:53:10 PM »
See the rippling effect the island left in the water when it moved. Erie of  light breeze blowing across the water.
I'm sure that ehy will never be able to explain the shape or size of the dome but it would be hard to kill off Dan/Jin/Michael when this is a continous time band. That's why Dan cries at the footage of OC815.

Offline JackCrow

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 03:01:14 PM »
I think he's alive, but he's alone on the boat except for red shirts because we probably won't see him again for quite a while as he tries to get them back to the island.  Of course, if you don't know where the island is, you can't possibly know where the 305 heading is in relation to it, so when he does find the island, he will suddenly find that he needs his constant...

Jack

Offline surfmadpig

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 04:45:27 PM »
So when was it confirmed that Des is Dan's constant. And when was it learned that Dan needs a constant?

Well, towards the ending of "the constant", we get a very clear look into the writing in Dan's notebook, which says... "if anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be MY constant"

(check it out: final line of the transcript at http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/The_Constant_transcript)

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 04:48:22 PM »
yes. he wrote it ahead of time when he realized that des would be in his future