Author Topic: What about Dan??  (Read 6900 times)

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
What about Dan??
« on: May 30, 2008, 06:09:47 AM »
What happened to him and all the people on his little boat?

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
Re: What about Dan??
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 06:58:27 AM »
I was wondering the same thing.  Did we see him get on the boat?  Maybe he was still en route when the freighter blew up.  If he went back to the island to get more people maybe he was there when the island moved.  I hope we see him next season.  He's one of my favorite new people.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 08:12:29 AM »
im not sure but i think he was within the boundries and moved with the island

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 08:47:03 AM »
I don't know... The first thought that came to my mind was "poor people got by the wave, and sucked to depths of ocean".

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 09:21:35 AM »
I think that raft moved with the island. If they were still in the ocean I think they would have seen the chopper crash and go to help them.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 09:35:09 AM »
Nope they didn't go with the island.

Remember they reshowed the reporter asking if it was posible for anyone else to still be alive in the previosly on lost review?

They would not reshow her question if it was not important. We will see next season that dan and the other Oceanic 6 saved.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 09:39:24 AM »
they showed the entire episode again, just with added parts, I don't think that lady's question was that much more important this time around.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 09:43:47 AM »
I was refering to the very beginning of the episode, the "Previosly on lost" part.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 09:45:30 AM »
ohhhh....I see, I agree with you, I don't think he is dead, but if he was in that water and didn't move with the island then he would have met up with Jack and gang. IMO

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 09:47:39 AM »
I think they moved with the island, but it is possible that these are the people (along with Desmond and Frank) that Sun said were the others to come back from the island.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 10:56:07 AM »
I think the reporter's question was showed in Previously on Lost to show that people are left on the island, as in Sawyer and Rose and Bernard and whoever else.  Daniel obviously is going to get sucked away with the island.  Either that or he's dead.  If he didn't have a boatload of nobodies with him, I'd accept the idea that he somehow made it off the island and is alive somewhere.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 11:07:10 AM »
The reporters question was intended to emphasize that they are lying about people being alive still on the island.  It had nothing to do with Daniel.  He and the red shirts in the raft are either dead or they transported with the island.  Daniel's part concerning the physics of the island is told, so his story may be done, whereas Charlotte's story is just beginning and Miles' potential hasn't been tapped yet.  We could go back and forth either way for nine months about this, but they didn't leave us with any other clues, so it's futile at this point. 

Offline quick127

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 11:33:53 AM »
I think he has to be alive - at the moment, he's the only person who really seems to grasp how this time disparity between the island and the outside world works.

If he's dead - so be it, but I highly doubt it.  That giant ripple in the ocean makes me thing that some of the surrounding water went with the island.  Heck - the looking glass is technically part of the island, and it's in the water.

Offline surfmadpig

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 12:19:12 PM »
I think he has to be alive too. Also, do you remember how Desmond's his constant? What will happen to Dan now? hm.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 12:39:57 PM »
So when was it confirmed that Des is Dan's constant. And when was it learned that Dan needs a constant?