Author Topic: Who Took The Photo?  (Read 9862 times)

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Who Took The Photo?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 12:03:47 PM »
just because these island people were probably from a fishing village it doesn't mean that they can't have cameras or even cell phones.. after all how did the O6 get off that island?  the villagers must be able to communicate with the outside world so someone probably had a cell phone with a camera

as far as being staged.. yea by jack and penny in that they decided on the cover story and had to be on the raft to "wash up" on the closest island.  it was even des or frank who said they would be out there 9 hours - enough time to give them a sunburn to make it look good

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 12:07:56 PM »
just because these island people were probably from a fishing village it doesn't mean that they can't have cameras or even cell phones.. after all how did the O6 get off that island?  the villagers must be able to communicate with the outside world so someone probably had a cell phone with a camera

as far as being staged.. yea by jack and penny in that they decided on the cover story and had to be on the raft to "wash up" on the closest island.  it was even des or frank who said they would be out there 9 hours - enough time to give them a sunburn to make it look good

They didn't seem like very materialistic people, though...and things like digital cameras and cell phones tend to fall in that category.

As for the Jack/Penny scenario, I wonder why they would feel a need for there to be a photograph of that moment? I'm sure the story would have been just as believable without the photo.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 12:13:40 PM »
Yeah that's why I don't think it's really important because the photo really doesn't do anything except illustrate their story.  Maybe the photo was included at all just to give us a mini-mystery to ponder before the two-hour finale.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 12:18:09 PM »
Yeah that's why I don't think it's really important because the photo really doesn't do anything except illustrate their story.  Maybe the photo was included at all just to give us a mini-mystery to ponder before the two-hour finale.

I actually didn't even ponder the photo until the moment came when they got off the inflatable raft...I was waiting to see the photo being taken lol...

Offline louisianagirl76l

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 03:19:27 PM »
How would those people on the island have known that this group of randoms in a little boat were important enough to take a picture of?

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 03:25:40 PM »
How would those people on the island have known that this group of randoms in a little boat were important enough to take a picture of?
My guess is that anyone turning up on shore is a bit of a rarity.

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 03:30:07 PM »
again.. i dont think thats what was important about the whole scene..  when we first saw the photo it was to make us question whether or not oceanic staged that rescue or not.  now we see that the O6 were responsible for getting themselves to that island not Oceanic.  the matter of who took the picture is completely irrelevant to the fact that yes it was "staged" but by Jack, the rest of the O6 and Penny and her people.

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 03:34:38 PM »
Boy the first "between season" day this subject goes for two pages

I can't imagine what details we will be bringing up for the next nine months.

Here is one --- where did Jack and Hurley get new shirts from -- did the steal the cloths from the people on Penny's boat? Who would have Hurley's size?

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 04:33:08 PM »
Didn't the Oceanic lady state in the opening of the press conference that "a tourist snapped this photo as they came ashore"?  Did you see any tourists?  I didn't.  And I don't believe those islanders would have a Canon 8 megapixel digital in stashed away in their fishing boat either.  Something else is going on here.

Offline AloeSPF80

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 11:48:35 PM »
"a tourist snapped this photo as they came ashore"?

This scene seemed incomplete for me because I was waiting to see who was on shore to take the pic--thinking that Ben was there perhaps, to help with the cover-up so no one would search for the island.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2008, 06:40:40 AM »
"a tourist snapped this photo as they came ashore"?

This scene seemed incomplete for me because I was waiting to see who was on shore to take the pic--thinking that Ben was there perhaps, to help with the cover-up so no one would search for the island.

That was my feeling, too. If you implant into the audience's mind that a photo was taken at the moment they came ashore, then you really do expect to see someone taking a photo of them when we're shown the moment they come ashore lol.

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2008, 06:45:52 AM »
I can't hold it in anymore.....I took the photo!

Ahahaha... I was gonna use the same line. But I noticed ever since I started posting everyones way to serious on these forums. I wish there was a not so serious Lost forum where people made jokes and had more humor... it's just a SHOW people!!! A good one with wit and humor at times (it's been known to happen anyways)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 06:45:58 AM »
again.. i dont think thats what was important about the whole scene..  when we first saw the photo it was to make us question whether or not oceanic staged that rescue or not.  now we see that the O6 were responsible for getting themselves to that island not Oceanic.  the matter of who took the picture is completely irrelevant to the fact that yes it was "staged" but by Jack, the rest of the O6 and Penny and her people.

Think about the episode when Ben apparently teleported or time traveled to the middle of the desert wearing a parka and with a cut on his arm. We probably had threads going 5 pages wondering why he had a cut on his arm.

Flash forward to the season finale. They actually show Ben's arm getting cut right before transporting/time traveling. However, the cut plays abso-freakin-lutely NO ROLE WHATSOEVER in the story, the plot, or the mysteries of the island. Yet they chose to not only come up with Ben's arm being cut when he ends up in the desert, but to ALSO show the moment when that happens.

In other words, the writers constantly show minor things in flash forwards and then show when and how those minor things first occurred. It just makes for a fuller, more satisfying story when they do.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2008, 02:02:01 PM »
lol... i completely agree... i think it's just a picture... even if they were to show someone like widmore or someone snapping the picture, i don't see how it would make any difference to the story... i'd just be like huh, well that seems pointless for them to do

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2008, 02:13:40 PM »
I can't hold it in anymore.....I took the photo!

Ahahaha... I was gonna use the same line. But I noticed ever since I started posting everyones way to serious on these forums. I wish there was a not so serious Lost forum where people made jokes and had more humor... it's just a SHOW people!!! A good one with wit and humor at times (it's been known to happen anyways)
Agreed. :)  Sometimes people just need to lighten up & stop sucking the entertainment value right out of this show.

Think about the episode when Ben apparently teleported or time traveled to the middle of the desert wearing a parka and with a cut on his arm. We probably had threads going 5 pages wondering why he had a cut on his arm.

Flash forward to the season finale. They actually show Ben's arm getting cut right before transporting/time traveling. However, the cut plays abso-freakin-lutely NO ROLE WHATSOEVER in the story, the plot, or the mysteries of the island. Yet they chose to not only come up with Ben's arm being cut when he ends up in the desert, but to ALSO show the moment when that happens.

In other words, the writers constantly show minor things in flash forwards and then show when and how those minor things first occurred. It just makes for a fuller, more satisfying story when they do.
I hear what you're saying, but I saw the cut on his arm as playing a small role for the LOST-impaired. lol  My casual viewer husband didn't realize until Ben cut his arm that the scene we were seeing immediately preceded Ben waking up in the desert in "The Shape of Things to Come."