Author Topic: What can we expect from Season 5  (Read 18051 times)

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: What can we expect from Season 5
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2008, 09:45:58 AM »
I'm wondering how the fan base will hold on after the island disappeared....I personally loved the finale...but will the majority hangon...will the majority think it jumped the shark....
The island didn't disappear. It "moved."  Now, whether that means it moved in location or moved in time... that's what will keep the viewers tuned in.

It couldn't have disappeared under the water...everyone would drown ;)

Unless it descended into the ocean and an invisible force shield appeared around it  ;)

I just remember the instructional video saying that the bunny "seemed" to disappear...is it just invisible for a while, or really moved in time/space?

It's the "Philadelphia Experiment" effect - the bunny phases out of existance  8)

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2008, 07:59:58 PM »
I'm wondering how the fan base will hold on after the island disappeared....I personally loved the finale...but will the majority hangon...will the majority think it jumped the shark....
The island didn't disappear. It "moved."  Now, whether that means it moved in location or moved in time... that's what will keep the viewers tuned in.

Unless it descended into the ocean and an invisible force shield appeared around it  ;)

I just remember the instructional video saying that the bunny "seemed" to disappear...is it just invisible for a while, or really moved in time/space?

It's the "Philadelphia Experiment" effect - the bunny phases out of existance  8)

10 points for Bob!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2008, 10:04:22 PM »

10 points for Bob!

Oh I like that and forgot about that...very good Otter Bob

Offline hatch4815162342

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2008, 10:59:02 PM »
more mysteries

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2008, 11:31:42 AM »
Good research Otter Bob.... always giving us something to think about

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2008, 04:53:04 AM »
I don't see how a show about time travel, hatch orientation videos, killer smoke monsters, perfect hair and facial hair, Patchy, flashforwards, and the multitude of character connections and conspiracies can ever jump the shark.  Unless they somehow fit in aliens and Joop is Jacob.

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2008, 12:38:17 AM »
What if the island is the center and Ben turned the Earth? Or, it's in a bubble under the water? No? I didn't like that one either. Ben had to mess up the magic elevator to get to the controls, so I'm assuming it's never been done before? No? Maybe? I don't know.

<------Pyro[move]

Offline qgardens

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2008, 12:50:27 AM »
Sweet, sweet demon spiders.
  :D  that's worth sigging

Scoundrel is OtterBob?  Jeez, just when I had names straight again. 

Great commentary on the new season.  But I will still flip if they pull "aliens" on us.  Might even pull an Elvis on my tv.  Grrr  *gettin' worked up just thinkin' about an "alien" cop-out*
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 12:59:16 AM by QGardens »

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2008, 08:45:23 PM »
Nancy folks change names and identies like some folks change their underwear.. :D  Dont' worry we  have a score card some place....

Offline qgardens

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2008, 10:20:58 PM »
Oh, great.  Now I have an image of Otter and everyone else in their underwear.  Except Nudist Jen of course.   I need to go read my list.  I had one upstairs when my downstairs PC was on the fritz.  Now I have a new one that has different names on it. 

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2008, 06:31:57 AM »
Sweet, sweet demon spiders.
  :D  that's worth sigging

Scoundrel is OtterBob?  Jeez, just when I had names straight again. 

Great commentary on the new season.  But I will still flip if they pull "aliens" on us.  Might even pull an Elvis on my tv.  Grrr  *gettin' worked up just thinkin' about an "alien" cop-out*

I will so flip out if the introduce alien life forms. If Lost gets sickly ridiculous I'm out. Even if Richard or Ben or anyone has some kind of foreign blood int hem from outer space or from aliens back in time... forget it. I'm not THAT hardcore.   :o ::) So I'm w/ you Kew-Gee the non Squee-Gee

Nancy folks change names and identies like some folks change their underwear.. :D  Dont' worry we  have a score card some place....

*sigh* I must say I totally dig this name better then LiA. It just -feels- right you know? But you can call me LiA anytime LiL  ;) :-*

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2008, 10:11:35 PM »
Ah c'mon, aliens are people too.  :D

Offline qgardens

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2008, 10:59:54 PM »
Ah c'mon, aliens are people too.  :D
Yeah, people who want to eat our brains and ruin our TV shows, books, and movies by ungraciously taking advantage of our willing suspension of disbelief. 

Kasi - when were you LiA? It stood for.... (not "stayed" for, mind you)?? 
Squee-Gee...I forgot about that already!   :D 

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2008, 12:07:40 AM »
LiA = Lost in Alaska... it was nice but got real chummy. Everyone else was Lost in *fill in the blank* and I wanted to be even MORE orginally then I already am!

*giving double chin and trying to touch my tongue to my ear*