Author Topic: What can we expect from Season 5  (Read 17717 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: What can we expect from Season 5
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2008, 10:15:51 PM »
I think Ben will kill Penny, Desmond will then switch sides to Charles Widmore to get revenge on Ben and help find the island again. Locke will have have to move the island to stop Desmond and Widmore getting it, Locke teleports to Los Angeles and tells Jack to become the new leader of the others. Oceanic 6 get back to the island, Ben can't get back and is annoyed. Ben teams up with Widmore to get revenge on Jacob. Battle between Jack/Jacob and Ben/Widmore. Desmond kills Jack, Aaron then becomes new leader of the others, Ben stabs Widmore in the back and takes the island for himself!
This sounds epic!

What happens when Ben and Widmore team up? Does Des try to kill Ben? ;D

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 07:55:15 AM »
I'm wondering how the fan base will hold on after the island disappeared....I personally loved the finale...but will the majority hangon...will the majority think it jumped the shark....

I am probably one of those iffy Lost fans who might be the ones to say moving the island was jumping the shark.  I've watched Lost since the first show, but lost major interest with all the time travel stuff.  If I was going to call, "SHARK", it would have been when Desmond started moving around in time or whatever he was doing.  I lost major interest.  I got sucked back in and then just sighed with The Constant.  Again, my interest just disappeared and I had nightmares of XFiles for days.

I'll be back to watch next season, but maybe only with one eye.  I can hear members here saying...so don't watch if you don't like what's going on, but I've invested four years into this and would like to follow it to the end, but allow me to feel my frustration.  It's funny, but the characters I think most love like Desmond and Ben, were characters that weren't supposed to be regulars, yet, both indeed became the story of Lost.  My problem is I really don't like either character and that puts me in the minority or at least the silent majority.

For next season I think we'll see the death of one or two main characters who may or may not be really dead and come back to visit in flashbacks or as ghosts or whatever Charlie, Jacob, Christain are.  There will be at least one bloody battle, one minding f(*()ing kiss, Ben, Locke, Ben, Ben, Ben, and more Ben.  Oh, and Desmond, Penny, Desmond, Penny, and one more Desmond.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 03:10:33 PM »
I'm worried too, Dizzy. Moving the Island doesn't bother me too much as it was adequately foreshadowed and helps to explain some things. The time travel does bother me, and even worse it appears the Island can reach out and do magical things all across the globe. Without some limits on the Island's power the human characters actions are meaningless....

My best hope is that we get some limits on what the Island can and can't do real soon now.... Well, real soon in terms of episode time.

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2008, 03:43:55 PM »
The island shifts but causes "openings" in time in which various parts of the island's history come to play - the foot, the Black Rock, the Nigerian plane, the temple. The French team's camp is found intact as if they had just arrived - we see Rousseau's flashback to explain what happened to them. Locke uses a backup system to transport to the mainland and attempts to meet with each of the survivors - Kate refuses to listen, Hugo thinks he's dead, Sayid almost believes him but has reservations, Ben listens but ignores his pleas, Jack refuses to meet him. Widmore's men find him and try to get answers but he is accidentally killed while trying to escape. Richard attempts to shift the island back to where (when) it was originally and........(to be continued Season 6)

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 12:55:04 AM »
I hope to see Russeau's flashback, even if they're dead. I hope to see a VERY OLD flashback about the Black Rock, if not in the next season, in the last one.

Rousseau's flashback was most likely scheduled for Season 4 but eliminated because of the strike shortened season.

plus i bet they are waiting for the girl that played alex to get a little older so she can play young russeau.

I would love that.

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 12:38:17 PM »
We find out that Frank's brother is an actor and knew Nikki Fernandez.....

http://gallery.lost-media.com/displayimage-1269-165.html

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 09:53:26 PM »
We find out that Frank's brother is an actor and knew Nikki Fernandez.....

Rick Lapidus? Interesting...

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 11:45:16 PM »
its not his brother, one of the writers, i forget which one, is obsessed with that last name. darlton mentioned it in the official podcast

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2008, 11:55:26 PM »
its not his brother, one of the writers, i forget which one, is obsessed with that last name. darlton mentioned it in the official podcast
That may be, but that was before we knew Frank. It is possible, although highly unlikely, that there is a connection there.

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2008, 12:58:09 PM »
Could be a cousin....anywho just an interesting tie to the past season

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2008, 03:26:14 PM »
I know all about cousins.... ;)

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2008, 04:13:55 PM »

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2008, 06:02:35 PM »
I know all about cousins.... ;)

is this in a georgemichael and maeby kinda way?

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2008, 07:46:32 PM »
More like stuck on an island so everyone's my auntie kind of way....

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2008, 08:36:28 PM »
I'm wondering how the fan base will hold on after the island disappeared....I personally loved the finale...but will the majority hangon...will the majority think it jumped the shark....

The island didn't disappear. It "moved."  Now, whether that means it moved in location or moved in time... that's what will keep the viewers tuned in.

It couldn't have disappeared under the water...everyone would drown ;)

I just remember the instructional video saying that the bunny "seemed" to disappear...is it just invisible for a while, or really moved in time/space?