Author Topic: Locke's reason for leaving the island...  (Read 16321 times)

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Locke's reason for leaving the island...
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2008, 08:20:39 PM »
Welcome, Son!

It's true we only have Ben's word for this rule, but he actually told Widmore Iraq is lovely this time of year. Many of us think that was Ben's way of telling Widmore that he was responsible for the death of Widmore's agent there.

Offline col81

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2008, 08:26:36 PM »
Responding to the comments about John Locke being too dead to reanimate on the island, it did work with Christian Shepherd, although I don't think he was full of embalming fluid yet. Not to mention, it's still unclear what state Christian Shepherd, or any other presumably dead person walking around on the island's state is. On the other hand, John has a hard time staying dead, what with the early birth, diseases, falling out of a building, and being shot...

Offline sonofsuns34

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2008, 08:30:32 PM »
Welcome, Son!

It's true we only have Ben's word for this rule, but he actually told Widmore Iraq is lovely this time of year. Many of us think that was Ben's way of telling Widmore that he was responsible for the death of Widmore's agent there.
Thanks, i have been lurking forver but needed to throw in my 2 cents...

ahhh yeah me and my brother said rock or iraq... ben is a sneaky snake though do you think he has been back to the island or does he need to go back with the o6 lapidus and desmond?

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2008, 08:37:20 PM »
Not enough data to say if he's been back. I definitely think he'll go back!

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2008, 10:52:25 PM »
I think Ben can still get back to the island as long as he can find it.  When he said he couldn't come back it was probably just because the island would be gone and he wouldn't be able to find it, at least not very easily.  If he manages to figure out where the island is he can probably get back to it.

Offline hatch4815162342

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2008, 12:19:22 AM »
anyone approve of the theory that aaron is a reincarnation of locke???

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2008, 09:06:23 AM »
I don't think you can be reincarnated three years before you die....  ???

'Course there is that time travel thing going on. Maybe we're all of us reincarnations of Locke!  ;)

Offline quick127

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2008, 03:05:38 PM »
No one on that island has actually been reanimated, at least not in any sort of evident manner.  The only person you could make a case for is Patchy.

Christian was never reanimated - his appearances have been in the same vein as the horse, Walt, Eko's brother and the other seeming apparitions that only a few people have been privy to.

Given the staunch "Christian is Dead" statements of TPTB - there has to be an alternative explanation to these appearances.  Whether its Smokie, or what have you.  I mean - Locke just talked to a guy who said he'd been dead for 13 years, and appeared to be on a loop for what he was saying.

I think memories can be manifested on the island somehow.

We've yet to see evidence of a dead person physically returning to life.  Many of these "re-animated" people we've been exposed to have never themselves been physically interacted with.

The fact that Jacob can be seen one moment and not the next leads me to believe that he is either a manipulation by some unseen force, a true apparition, or some poor soul who experienced some side effects of Dharma experiments.

John Locke isn't going to get up when he returns to the island, unless he's not actually dead...

Which, given the manipulations that have been constant on this show... is he really dead?

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2008, 04:53:13 PM »
It can't be a coincidence that both Christian's and Yemi's bodies have gone missing. Whatever's manifesting as them must need the bodies for something.

Offline quick127

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2008, 05:50:23 PM »
If its machinery - as I suspect Smokie (my leading idea for the source of the 'ghosts') is - then it needs to do an imaging scan in order to project an accurate representation.

Yemi wasn't always decomposed.  Smokie, or whatever it is, could have the ability to create numerous people.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2008, 09:26:23 PM »
It looks like Smokie does the scans. Yemi's body was decomposed and burned before it disappeared. I think Smokie got a picture of Yemi when it scanned Eko. Machinery? Why not? There's certainly a lot of it around.  ;)

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2008, 12:59:03 PM »
Do we know for sure that ben has been totally banished from the island?

I know Ben said he had to leave the island but he never said he couldnt make it back. Ben has lied to people before about things (that is an understatement) So i dont think he has not been on the island in the three years that elapse between the jump and lockes death.

According to what Ben said, whoever moves the island has to leave forever. I was going to quote it, but couldn't remember if 'forever' is accurate, but I really feel like that's what he said. anyone care to help a forgetful man??

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2008, 01:58:17 PM »
If I remember correctly, he said "never return"... so, same thing.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2008, 02:22:18 PM »
It's highly possible that it was Locke from the future and present-day Locke is still alive on the Island.

It could have taken a decade for things to go bad under Locke's rule.

I know that dead-Locke looked much the same age as alive-Locke, but Richard doesn't appear to age either.

Ben might be up to something sneaky by telling Jack to take dead-Locke back to the Island... It's highly likely that Locke-from-the-future had no intention of going to the Island himself because meeting one's past or future self could cause a rift in time. Maybe dumping dead-Locke from the future on present-Locke's doorstep at Otherville would cause some kind of cosmic feedback, enabling Ben to return to the Island.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2008, 02:35:04 PM »
Ben said that if you move the island you cant go back.

Ben could have been lying again though!