Author Topic: Significance of Charlotte being born on the island!!!  (Read 27157 times)

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Significance of Charlotte being born on the island!!!
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2008, 07:04:32 PM »
Maybe not been there Deb but has this "feeling" she's been there. Kind of a De ja vue thing happening.
Maybe the first time she has felt comfortable with herself.
That is possible but Miles told her she HAS been there before
Ahhh but Miles speaks to dead people..could Charlotte have been there "in another life"?
I know that might seem far fetched but.."see ya in another life" came to mind and De ja vu and reincarnation have been talked about lately...hmmm

I'll go with another life "time thread" that she was on before that changed due to some unknown circumstance.
But being born on island works wellalso, in that she feels a calling from the island to return.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2008, 07:29:40 PM »
She had a brief conversation with Claire, about Aaron being born on the Island.

This is part of the transcript from 'Confirmed Dead' at Lostpedia.

CHARLOTTE: So you've all been living here this entire time. [To Claire] Is that your baby?

CLAIRE: Yeah, this is Aaron.

CHARLOTTE: Did you have him here on the Island?

CLAIRE: [In affirmation] Ahum.

CHARLOTTE: That's amazing.

There's some interesting stuff in that transcript. For instance, Miles warns Sayid not to use the phone...

[Meanwhile, Sayid and co are continuing to trace Charlotte's signal, with Sayid using the phone]

MILES: I wouldn't mess around with that if I were you.

SAYID: It can't hurt to try and call someone else.

MILES: Oh it can hurt.

It does seem that there was a distinction between Abaddon's recruits and the rest of the freighter crew. They definitely have a separate agenda.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2008, 11:31:07 PM »
I think there's going to be something crucial about the "born" part.

So far the only character that we know for sure was born on the island is Aaron, right?  (Or what about Alex -- was she born on the island or on Rousseau's research ship?  ???)   Ben originally said he'd lived there all his life but we saw that wasn't true.  Charlotte says she's looking for where she was born, and she expresses surprise that Aaron was born on the island.  We've been told that all of the Other Women who were pregnant died before they could deliver, and The Others were apparently working really hard to find a solution to this problem, hence their recruitment of Juliet.  Richard was interested in finding a "special kid," albeit one who was not actually born on the island (when he was looking for young John Locke), and apparently all the Others were interested in Walt as a young "special kid."   The Others also kidnapped those two kid survivors of 815 in their first raid, right?

It's starting to feel to me like The Island is looking for a young heir or something... no babies could be born there for awhile, so The Others (working on behalf of The Island) started looking for "special kids" elsewhere, but so far none's been exactly right.

Something is really important about being born on the island... whether it's Charlotte or whomever...

This is making my head hurt...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 11:53:53 PM by Madam P »

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2008, 11:34:26 PM »
Hmmm... maybe Charlotte deposes Locke as head of the Others and that's why he comes to the mainland...

I doubt it, but maybe...

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2008, 11:52:26 PM »
That's an interesting thought.  Maybe that's why she elected to stay behind.

Oooo... maybe she's going to be our villain for Season 5!  You know, I almost voted for her...

Elsewhere someone was asking why did Ben shoot Charlotte -- I wonder if Ben knew something about her and shot her just simply to see if she'd die or not?  Wondering if the island would save her like it saved Locke? 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 11:55:26 PM by Madam P »

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2008, 11:54:23 PM »
That's an interesting thought.  Maybe that's why she elected to stay behind.

Oooo... maybe she's going to be our villain for Season 5!  You know, I almost voted for her...
It's possible, but I still don't think leader of the Others means villain. :)

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2008, 03:37:51 AM »
We've been told that all of the Other Women who were pregnant died before they could deliver, and The Others were apparently working really hard to find a solution to this problem, hence their recruitment of Juliet.

It was Ben rather than the Others as a whole, whom wanted Juliet to fix their reproduction problems.

Richard didn't appear to care less - Which leads me to believe that Richard and some of the Others are immortal. What would be the point in reproducing if you can live forever?

So, I think some of the Others are adopted humans - but the majority of them are immortal humanoids whom can't die (or die and then resurrect after a short period of time).

It'd explain Mikhail's many deaths and Richard's not ageing.

Or maybe they are without a body (the Whispers?) until they assimilate into a dead human host. When they take-on human form, they also take on their hosts' memories, accents, characteristics - this would explain dead Charlie visiting Hurley; possibly dead Claire in the Cabin; dead Christian visiting Jack; the importance of taking dead Locke back to the Island...

p.s. I know that people constantly argue between Richard being ageless or simply time-travelling, but I think it's both: he's an immortal whom can time-travel.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2008, 03:46:44 AM »
Oh... And to add to the post above, that would be why Danielle and Karl appeared to be half-buried... It was the Island absorbing them as part of the assimilation process. That scene was the only time that the audience have heard what Miles heard - and it sounded a lot like the Whispers.

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2008, 03:54:57 AM »
Far out man ;) AND TOO CRAZY I can't imagine why everything would work out that way and if it did I'd be surprised. This is why I think that: for the mere reason of explaining it in the show would be kind of a pain and to think they'd sell this idea would be even more surprising b/c even though Lost is out there and nutty sometimes, I think this theory is a little to far out for audience watching? But ok let's say the island sucks...er ... absorbs the bodies and possibly their spirits. Do you think that process is somehow related to the Smokey since he's like the islands pet? When I read your post I'm actually thinking of Hurley's psycho buddy that doesn't really exist (forgot his name) Dave? I wonder how he'd be in the mix of things. Ok now I'm just babbling  ::)

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2008, 03:58:26 AM »
Just kidding I TOTALLY agree Mango... haha (read your PM)

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2008, 04:22:44 AM »
But ok let's say the island sucks...er ... absorbs the bodies and possibly their spirits. Do you think that process is somehow related to the Smokey since he's like the islands pet?

Perhaps. Maybe that's why it only roughed-up the Mercenaries and didn't kill them. It didn't want the Island to absorb the nasty people.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2008, 11:11:05 AM »
MB- the whispers are signs of danger, that is what they said in the enhanced episode.

Though I have voiced similar, not exact, thoughts on the immortality of Richard.  The voices always did remind me of souls just floating about with the history of the island to share.  But if we recall all the times the voices came into play danger was not far.

Regarding Smokey, which I won't mention here, but there was an explanation about smokey

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2008, 12:46:24 PM »
We've been told that all of the Other Women who were pregnant died before they could deliver, and The Others were apparently working really hard to find a solution to this problem, hence their recruitment of Juliet.

It was Ben rather than the Others as a whole, whom wanted Juliet to fix their reproduction problems.

Richard didn't appear to care less - Which leads me to believe that Richard and some of the Others are immortal. What would be the point in reproducing if you can live forever?

So, I think some of the Others are adopted humans - but the majority of them are immortal humanoids whom can't die (or die and then resurrect after a short period of time).

Or maybe they are without a body (the Whispers?) until they assimilate into a dead human host. When they take-on human form, they also take on their hosts' memories, accents, characteristics - this would explain dead Charlie visiting Hurley; possibly dead Claire in the Cabin; dead Christian visiting Jack; the importance of taking dead Locke back to the Island...

p.s. I know that people constantly argue between Richard being ageless or simply time-travelling, but I think it's both: he's an immortal whom can time-travel.
You should make a topic of just this. I don't actually 100% disagree :D

Add to your Smokey idea that they tried to pull Locke into the tunnel.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2008, 01:51:28 PM »

Quite true Ben has a fixation on reproduction.  But I believe in another thread this may have been mentioned that the reason they can't reproduce on the island is that they are being punished for something they did.

Perhaps you are right JB this needs to go in another thread

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2008, 02:47:01 PM »
What if Charlotte was actually Charles Widmore's "OTHER" daughter?