Author Topic: Significance of Charlotte being born on the island!!!  (Read 20229 times)

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Significance of Charlotte being born on the island!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 03:41:47 AM »
But Miles said she had been on the island before and then she told Daniel that she was still looking for where she was born... sort of an assumption at this point.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 03:44:09 AM »
When you find what you're looking for, you stop looking.  She's still looking even though she is on the island now.  Maybe she was born there, or maybe not.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 04:28:09 AM »
Ok, did I miss something or did Ben SHOOT Charlotte in an earlier episode this season? lol. Because if he did, it kinda puts a kink in the whole "Charlotte is Annie"/"Charlotte is Ben and Annie's daughter" theories.

Well, unless Ben is still pissed about Annie dumping him or something. And considering how much he wanted Alex to be his daughter, you'd think he'd be just as eager to have his real daughter join him, instead of shooting her in the chest.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 05:40:18 AM »
there has been speculation that maybe Ben and Annie had a child and that Annie died giving birth, maybe Charlotte is that child. I believe Ben said she was about 26 or something and Ben seems to be in his 40's. Maybe he does not know it is his child?

This is the first thing I thought of. Then I said, well , Ben knew all about her , he had a file on her it seemed.Wouldn't he know who she was? Unless some of it was made up to hide her background. (from very wealthy people who with money can find anything out. Charles widmore perhaps? )

maybe they had a baby on the island but he sent them both away before the purge and that is why he stole Danielle's daughter As a fake / replacement. or decoy if you will. So widmore wouldn't know who his real daughter was and where. and Ben hasn't gone to see them since because he doesn't want to lead widmore to them , just in case one day he did decide to break the rules. (which he did).  :-\         

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 07:30:30 AM »
there has been speculation that maybe Ben and Annie had a child and that Annie died giving birth, maybe Charlotte is that child. I believe Ben said she was about 26 or something and Ben seems to be in his 40's. Maybe he does not know it is his child?

This is the first thing I thought of. Then I said, well , Ben knew all about her , he had a file on her it seemed.Wouldn't he know who she was? Unless some of it was made up to hide her background. (from very wealthy people who with money can find anything out. Charles widmore perhaps? )

maybe they had a baby on the island but he sent them both away before the purge and that is why he stole Danielle's daughter As a fake / replacement. or decoy if you will. So widmore wouldn't know who his real daughter was and where. and Ben hasn't gone to see them since because he doesn't want to lead widmore to them , just in case one day he did decide to break the rules. (which he did).  :-\         

Still doesn't explain why he shot her, though lol.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 08:01:27 AM »
If she was born on the island and this place is "home" to her, then why did it take Miles making the comment before she decided to stay?  Miles wouldn't have to make the comment about Charlotte being back (I forget the exact wording).  She was planning on getting in the boat with Daniel and then, after hearing Miles, she decides to stay?  Obviously, Miles' comment was more for the viewer but she shouldn't have had to hear it for her to want to stay.

Offline Falam

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 09:40:08 AM »
Maybe Charlotte's a daughter of one of Russo's scientist clan.  Btw, what ever happened to that story line?  They got sick and that's it.

Offline Survivor815

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 09:50:17 AM »
Here's a thought...reincarnation? Remember Miles can communicate with the dead. Maybe Charlotte is a reincarnation of someone from the island? Just a thought....

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 10:26:59 AM »
shes 2 young to be bens old girl                     friend

time is different on the island, still could be her

Time may be different on the island, but if you aren't on the island (Like Charlotte wasn't her entire life), that isn't a factor. She can't be Annie. Plus, wasn't Annie Blonde??

Charlotte didn't exactly say she was born on the island.  She said she was looking for the place she was born.

I took her statement to mean she was born on the island, but you make a good point. I have been wrong many times on here because I assumed.

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 10:34:25 AM »
Miles just said he was surprised that she was going to leave since she'd been trying so hard to "get back" or something like that.  That doesn't mean she was born there.

Of course later Charlotte says to Daniel something about looking for where she was born...

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 10:40:39 AM »
What about the "hostiles", the original inhabitants?  How long have they been there?  Could there have been a time when giving birth was possible, until the good folks at Dharma came along and started messing with the island's properties?  Charlotte did look around the island with happy familiarity when she landed.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 10:58:42 AM »
I thought she almost seemed too happy when she fell from the tree into the lake.  Now, looking back, it could be that she had enjoyed that lake before and was happy to be home again.  But like it's been said, she was planning to leave until Miles 'teased' her.  That part doesn't make sense.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 11:32:14 AM »
I'm thinking she was planning to leave because uh Daniel freaked and said they had to get off the island! or maybe she was pretending she was going to leave but didn't have intensions to do so but didn't want to draw attention to it.

a lot of people on here mentioned , back when that episode aired, that Charlotte looked like she was happy to be home when she landed in the water.

and as I said before, Ben might not have known she was his daughter if he got her and Annie off the island a long time ago**. and that is why he shot her. (or he knew she had a vest on so he did it for some sort of effect.)  just to reiterate, I'll quote myself from my previous post...

**"Wouldn't he know who she was? Unless some of it was made up to hide her background. (from very wealthy people who with money can find anything out. Charles widmore perhaps? )

maybe they had a baby on the island but he sent them both away before the purge and that is why he stole Danielle's daughter As a fake / replacement. or decoy if you will. So widmore wouldn't know who his real daughter was and where. So he wouldn't know who she was or what she looked like if Ben hasn't gone to see them since because he doesn't want to lead widmore to them , just in case one day he did decide to break the rules. (which he did).           

Or not.  :-\

Offline Swank13

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 11:36:18 AM »
The reason Miles was aware of her being on the island is prob cause her dead parents told him so.  I do however find it interesting that she may be the key to Juliet unlocking the pregnancy problem on the island and as such allowing her to get back to her sister.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 01:42:36 PM »
Ben's real daughter being Charlotte from Annie would be could and this could explain the "RULES" Ben thingking that Alex wouldn't be hurt because it's the "RULES" Keamy killing Alex wouldn't make it part of the "RULES".   ???