Author Topic: Best Line of the Night  (Read 7970 times)

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Best Line of the Night
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2008, 01:08:35 PM »
Hurley:  I can't believe he did it!

Kate:  Who did what?

Hurley:  Locke -- he moved the island!

Jack:  No, he didn't.

Hurley:  Oh really?  'Cause one minute it was there and the next it was gone, so unless we, like, overlooked it, dude, that's exactly what he did.  But if you've got another explanation, man, I'd love to hear it!

;D  Classic!  Both Hurley's and Jack's facial expressions were so perfect!  Suck on that, stubborn Jack!   :D

I also loved the anthuriums quote -- so funny!  Locke's pre-schooler-like frustration came through and you could practically hear Ben's eyes rolling in his head.

I can't decide if "So?" is indicative of pure cold-bloodedness, or if he knows that they're not "really dead" because of the island or something -- maybe only "mostly dead."   ;)    Ben seemed throughout this whole episode to be sort of gloating a bit over Locke's lack of knowledge... like "Yeah, Jacob chose you, big deal.  I still know a lot more than you do."  Makes me wonder if that "So?" wasn't a bit of a challenge to Locke, like "You mean you still don't understand that they're not really dead?" or something...

Or he could just be a cold-hearted so-and-so...  :D

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2008, 01:58:34 PM »
Hurley:  I can't believe he did it!

Kate:  Who did what?

Hurley:  Locke -- he moved the island!

Jack:  No, he didn't.

Hurley:  Oh really?  'Cause one minute it was there and the next it was gone, so unless we, like, overlooked it, dude, that's exactly what he did.  But if you've got another explanation, man, I'd love to hear it!

;D  Classic!  Both Hurley's and Jack's facial expressions were so perfect!  Suck on that, stubborn Jack!   :D

I also loved the anthuriums quote -- so funny!  Locke's pre-schooler-like frustration came through and you could practically hear Ben's eyes rolling in his head.

I can't decide if "So?" is indicative of pure cold-bloodedness, or if he knows that they're not "really dead" because of the island or something -- maybe only "mostly dead."   ;)    Ben seemed throughout this whole episode to be sort of gloating a bit over Locke's lack of knowledge... like "Yeah, Jacob chose you, big deal.  I still know a lot more than you do."  Makes me wonder if that "So?" wasn't a bit of a challenge to Locke, like "You mean you still don't understand that they're not really dead?" or something...

Or he could just be a cold-hearted so-and-so...  :D

I agree with you on that. Ben is so in the know! He is my favorite charactor by far! Then comes Desmond. Ben looks like this week timid guy when you first met him. like he couldn't hurt a fly. A geek if you will. Then boom, he either kicks ass or mind f---ks you. His confidence is very shall I say sexy?
 He is so freakin brilliant. Good or bad.

Offline Beej

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2008, 11:55:04 AM »
Actually I liked it when Jack said to Desmond, "See you in another life brother."  It was sentimental yes, but they were saying goodbye and paying tribute to the first time they met.  I was having an emotional moment.  So sad...

You are right that was a good moment

I also like this one
Sayid: Excuse me what time is it ?
Stranger: 8:15 ...Bang bang

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2009, 10:25:41 PM »
I couldn't find a thread for this but thought this might fit here as the "blotn" 

But I thought this last season and still find it interesting that Kate asks Ben that is we can leave the island. He looks at her and says yes you can leave the island with that look he has.

But I think the underlying factor here are the exact words, you can leave the island.  In Ben's world you can leave the island, but the island will not let go of you until it is finished with you. ;D