Author Topic: Misc?'s & Does Jin know more than we think?  (Read 1371 times)

Offline moyboy

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Misc?'s & Does Jin know more than we think?
« on: May 23, 2008, 05:18:05 PM »
*** JIN ***
He very specifically promises to Sun, twice, "I will get you and our baby off this island"...
Seems like most people would simply say "I will get US off this island"...
So, does he already know that he will need to stay behind for whatever reason?

*** MISC ?'s ***
other random questions / thoughts not neccessarily related to this specific episode but i didn't know where else to put them:

- what was the deal with the exploding pacemaker they put in sawyer than turned out to be fake. seems like just episode filler, other than showing us that Ben likes to manipilate people which there are already more than enough examples of...

- same thing with the spiders that bite and make you appear to be dead in the nikki / paulo episode. was this just filler and a way to kill them off or will they come into play again? and didn't the producers say something to the effect that nikki and paulo might be more important than we realize (or am i making that up)? perhaps they are adam and eve...

- the Med Kit that Frank bring to Keamy has the image of a plane on it, so we know it's not from the freightor or the helicopter, rather that he brought it from the beach or wherever. are we supposed to believe that after all this time there are still untouched and unused first aid kits from flight 815?  would think that jack and sawyer would have already used / plundered them all and i can't imagine there being to many aboard one single plane...

- what the **** is the deal with the statue of a foot with four toes, any theories. its lack of toes seems to suggest that it is not human, but that doesn't seem to fit with any story lines that the show is dealing with... thoughts? theories?

- the woman who jumped off the freightor in chains, was she trying to get to the bottom of the ocean for some reason (like a station) or was she merely trying to kill herself. if the island doesn't let you kill yourself before it is time, is she just alive and shackled and hanging out underwater right now? or does the island keeping you alive only apply to the people who came via 815 and if so what makes them any different? mere physical contact with the island? hmmm.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 05:20:26 PM by moyboy »

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Misc?'s & Does Jin know more than we think?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 05:42:23 PM »
*** JIN ***
He very specifically promises to Sun, twice, "I will get you and our baby off this island"...

I had just assumed that he has a martyr complex. He's constantly trying to prove himself to Sun and the other Losties. I think it's just his upbringing really.

what was the deal with the exploding pacemaker they put in sawyer than turned out to be fake. seems like just episode filler, other than showing us that Ben likes to manipilate people which there are already more than enough examples of...

Maybe Ben was only half-lying: They definitely implanted something inside Claire. Maybe they did stick something into Sawyer, but it wasn't an exploding pacemaker.

I think the more interesting question is "why didn't they just kill Sawyer?"... They could have still used Kate to force Jack into coercion. The Others could have easily killed a number of the Losties on many occasions. It's sort of obvious why women of child-bearing age might have been spared, but why the rest of them?

the spiders that bite and make you appear to be dead in the nikki / paulo episode. was this just filler and a way to kill them off or will they come into play again? and didn't the producers say something to the effect that nikki and paulo might be more important than we realize (or am i making that up)? perhaps they are adam and eve...

I'm pretty sure that the producers explained during one of their podcasts that the spiders which kiled Nikki and Paolo were acting on behalf of the Island!!!

what the **** is the deal with the statue of a foot with four toes, any theories. its lack of toes seems to suggest that it is not human, but that doesn't seem to fit with any story lines that the show is dealing with... thoughts? theories?

My theory is that the Island is a marooned crashed spaceship and its original inhabitants were four-toed humanoid aliens. Richard probably has four toes.

the woman who jumped off the freightor in chains, was she trying to get to the bottom of the ocean for some reason (like a station) or was she merely trying to kill herself. if the island doesn't let you kill yourself before it is time, is she just alive and shackled and hanging out underwater right now? or does the island keeping you alive only apply to the people who came via 815 and if so what makes them any different? mere physical contact with the island? hmmm.

I'd say that Regina is dead.

I don't think the Island literally picks and chooses if people live and die. I think it's more to do with time disallowing paradoxes. Something like the "killing your grandfather" paradox.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 05:53:49 PM »
*** JIN ***

His concern is her, so he would give up his life for her and the baby.  I don't believe he is aware of anything else.  Maybe but I would say that is a read into.

*** MISC ?'s ***
other random questions / thoughts not neccessarily related to this specific episode but i didn't know where else to put them:

- what was the deal with the exploding pacemaker they put in sawyer than turned out to be fake. seems like just episode filler, other than showing us that Ben likes to manipilate people which there are already more than enough examples of...
Yeah I had forgotten that, but now I will have to go and watch that as I thought he told him it was a behavior modification or did Juliette spill the beans?
  - same thing with the spiders that bite and make you appear to be dead in the nikki / paulo episode. was this just filler and a way to kill them off or will they come into play again? and didn't the producers say something to the effect that nikki and paulo might be more important than we realize (or am i making that up)? perhaps they are adam and eve...
They are gone, no one liked them ... I believe I read that the writers had them killed off for that reason

- the Med Kit that Frank bring to Keamy has the image of a plane on it, so we know it's not from the freightor or the helicopter, rather that he brought it from the beach or wherever. are we supposed to believe that after all this time there are still untouched and unused first aid kits from flight 815?  would think that jack and sawyer would have already used / plundered them all and i can't imagine there being to many aboard one single plane...
I missed that but I would say it was another mess up on the prop folks...

- what the **** is the deal with the statue of a foot with four toes, any theories. its lack of toes seems to suggest that it is not human, but that doesn't seem to fit with any story lines that the show is dealing with... thoughts? theories?
We are suppose to get answer to that.  Thoughts on this that there was a civilization there or when the Island moved the statue broke and it was an artistic statement to have one toe like Van Gogh with the one ear ;)

- the woman who jumped off the freightor in chains, was she trying to get to the bottom of the ocean for some reason (like a station) or was she merely trying to kill herself. if the island doesn't let you kill yourself before it is time, is she just alive and shackled and hanging out underwater right now? or does the island keeping you alive only apply to the people who came via 815 and if so what makes them any different? mere physical contact with the island? hmmm.

The enhanced episode stated that the proximity of the island caused her death.  The Captain even stated that the closer they got stranger things happened.  My thoughts have been that this is the way the Island keeps people away.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 07:26:45 PM »
They didn't kill Sawyer because they aren't ruthless killers. They only kill if they have to.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 07:45:20 PM »
They didn't kill Sawyer because they aren't ruthless killers. They only kill if they have to.

Well, Nathan didn't seem like much of a threat!

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Nathan

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 03:39:44 PM »
At the end of LOST it will be the same ending as Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crsytal Skull.

I'm not telling the end.     :P

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 03:44:10 PM »

Good catch - moving the island affects time in such a way that the skeletons that Jack finds in the cave were actually that of Nikki and Paulo who get trapped on the island 50 years in the past and inexplicably alive........

;) :D