Author Topic: The Identity Of The O2?  (Read 9690 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: The Identity Of The O2?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2008, 01:25:28 PM »
Why just two?
Because someone has to be Adam and Eve at the end of the timeline?

This Brilliant, I never thought about that. I always thought the Adam and Eve thing would come into play much, much later.

This makes it sound like there were three others who died unless Jack was just flustered and not thinking clearly. 

There is always the thought that the writers intentionally wrote these lines like this so that later on someone in the show can hound him about the inaccuracy. I know this isn't going to stop us from discussing it, but it just seems like they have purposely not provided us with enough info. Just my thoughts.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2008, 03:39:13 PM »
I bet it will be Nikki and Paulo, it will be a way for the writers to say F-you to us. Since we complained about their existence and then complained they were killed off- which I thought was brilliant writing. The writers give us what we think we want, but we don't know what we want.

Offline Shoeless

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2008, 04:40:25 PM »
O2 kinda looks like "OZ"  :-X

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2008, 07:13:18 PM »
This is rehashing if Aaron was an O6 or not.  He is the 6th, so that means 2 additional people survived the crash not 3. 

TV Fanatic, this is NOT rehashing whether Aaron was an O6.  We are all well aware that he is an O6 at this point.  Go back and read the post I wrote toward the beginning of this thread.  Jack mentioned 8 who made it to the island.  At this point Aaron would not have been one of the 8 because he wasn't born until later.  This has nothing to do with whether or not he is a real person.  I believe that all babies are real people even at the point of conception but that's not the issue here.  When three people are in the room and one of them is pregnant most people will say there are three people in the room, not four.  This makes it sound like there were three others who died unless Jack was just flustered and not thinking clearly.  Eventually three died leaving 5 survivors, then Aaron was born, hence becoming 6 people who were eventually named the Oceanic 6.

But Jack clearly states during the court scene that "the other two" of the eight that survived the crash ended up dying. So Jack is definitely including Aaron as one of the eight survivors that made it to the island. He may be doing it simply because they are being referred to as the Oceanic 6, so since everyone else is already including Aaron, he feels he probably should, too.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2008, 07:15:31 PM »
By the way, I think the other two are either Rose and Bernard, or Charlie and Vincent. ;)

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2008, 07:18:12 PM »
By the way, I think the other two are either Rose and Bernard, or Charlie and Vincent. ;)

I think Rose and Bernard too.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2008, 08:18:52 PM »
Jack would have had to choose two people whom were either dead or wanted the world to believe they're dead, just in case they too finally emerged back in the real world at a later date... Otherwise Jack's survival story is blown out of the water.
Sounds reasonable to me those two asked Jack as a favor that they are CONFIRMED DEAD, by a eye witness. Why they would make up two dead people for nothing?

Offline TvFantic

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2008, 10:31:48 PM »
This is rehashing if Aaron was an O6 or not.  He is the 6th, so that means 2 additional people survived the crash not 3. 
TV Fanatic, this is NOT rehashing whether Aaron was an O6.  We are all well aware that he is an O6 at this point.  Go back and read the post I wrote toward the beginning of this thread.  Jack mentioned 8 who made it to the island.  At this point Aaron would not have been one of the 8 because he wasn't born until later.  This has nothing to do with whether or not he is a real person.  I believe that all babies are real people even at the point of conception but that's not the issue here.  When three people are in the room and one of them is pregnant most people will say there are three people in the room, not four.  This makes it sound like there were three others who died unless Jack was just flustered and not thinking clearly.  Eventually three died leaving 5 survivors, then Aaron was born, hence becoming 6 people who were eventually named the Oceanic 6.

LostandFree, I just didn't want this thread to go off on a tangent if there were 2 or 3 survivors the way we debated Aaron.  Even though I forgot about Jack's testimony about the 2 survivors, it was clear to me that he was counting Aaron in that statement.  The fact that Aaron was born when they were rescued, it's easy and natural to say there were 8 of us instead of saying it was 7 of us until Aaron was born.  At least that's my opinion.  But at least now we are clear that there is indeed 2 people and now the mystery is why include them in the cover-up.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 10:34:02 PM by TvFanatic »

Offline CanuckGal

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2008, 09:03:50 AM »
Been lurking here for the last couple of seasons, and want to start by thanking all the posters for hours of interesting debates, theories and investigations.  I LOVE this site !!

If the O2 is meant to have any real plot significance, I am wondering if the two may be Walt and Micheal.  Since the creation of the O2 is a part of the cover-up story, dependent on who made up this story to begin with, the existence of Micheal and Walt could be a secret they want covered up, ie. forgotten about, not looked into. We already assume Walt is alive and well in NY, so this will allow him to continue living there without threat of reveal. Essentially perhaps hiding the powerful kid from 'someone.'

If the O2 has no real plot significance, I am going with the Rose and Bernard theory, for the reasons already mentioned.

I just wonder, since it is in the cover-up story, does it mean something important ??

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2008, 09:29:07 AM »
Hi CanuckGal!!!

If the O2 is meant to have any real plot significance, I am wondering if the two may be Walt and Micheal.  Since the creation of the O2 is a part of the cover-up story, dependent on who made up this story to begin with, the existence of Micheal and Walt could be a secret they want covered up, ie. forgotten about, not looked into. We already assume Walt is alive and well in NY, so this will allow him to continue living there without threat of reveal. Essentially perhaps hiding the powerful kid from 'someone.'

I like this idea. Even though Walt is at his Grandma's house, Widmore's agents seem like a clueless bunch - Ismail didn't even know who Ben was!

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2008, 09:51:14 AM »
Welcome, Canuck!

I don't think the O2 can be Michael and Walt. Assuming the covereruppers know those two are alive, the last thing they'd want to do is draw attention to them. You have to assume the O2's pictures have been plastered all over the media, somewhat less so than the O6, but still substantial coverage. So they'd run the risk of anyone who's seen them recently making a connection.

If Kate is really doing something for Sawyer then I think it's likely that he's one of them. No clue on the other.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2008, 08:55:19 PM »
You have to assume the O2's pictures have been plastered all over the media, somewhat less so than the O6, but still substantial coverage. So they'd run the risk of anyone who's seen them recently making a connection.

But Walt was sort of hiding-out at his Grandma's house. I doubt her neighbours even know he lives there.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2008, 09:38:47 PM »
I doubt Walt's being hidden. Certainly Michael's been seen by multiple people. Hospital staff, pawnbroker, hotel people. So, no, it'd be too risky for the coverup people to make them the O2.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2008, 10:23:03 AM »
Here's a theory that is probably wrong, and will be very unpopular, but here it goes...Maybe the O2 are actually non-existant. It would seem pretty amazing if the only 8 people that made it off the plane also made it to the island, and then also got off the island. Seems to make the story more believeable if 8 people survived the crash, and 6 were rescued because 2 dies of complications. Make sense?? Thoughts?? Do you hate me?? LOL, but seriouisly, do you??

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2008, 11:07:44 AM »
Here's a theory that is probably wrong, and will be very unpopular, but here it goes...Maybe the O2 are actually non-existant. It would seem pretty amazing if the only 8 people that made it off the plane also made it to the island, and then also got off the island. Seems to make the story more believeable if 8 people survived the crash, and 6 were rescued because 2 dies of complications. Make sense?? Thoughts?? Do you hate me?? LOL, but seriouisly, do you??
makes as much sense as any other theories i've heard.