Author Topic: The Identity Of The O2?  (Read 9747 times)

Offline therealsawyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: The Identity Of The O2?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 01:47:41 AM »
I assumed that there must be two (three ?- good catch l&f!) dead bodies out there somewhere off island.

Jin and Michael were both on the freighter.

Offline TvFantic

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 02:40:11 AM »
This is rehashing if Aaron was an O6 or not.  He is the 6th, so that means 2 additional people survived the crash not 3. 

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008, 03:08:32 AM »
I think that two people will be dieing in to weeks. 

They dont have to people we know just some red shirts.

Like the red shirts that were on the raft with Daniel Sun and Jin.  what if they end up dieing somehow and there bodies are taken with the 6 so they have to say that 8 survived the crash and two died afterwards.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 04:42:02 AM »
Jack is counting the unborn Aaron as one of the eight whom survived the crash, as he has previously referred to "the other two" whom later (allegedly) died.

Here's a bit of the transcript from Lostpedia.

MALE REPORTER #1: And those of you who survived--you swam to the island?

JACK: No. We had, uh, cushions. We had some life jackets. We were in the water for over a day before the current took us in. By then, there was only eight of us left.

It's a really ambiguous of him to include Aaron as one of the eight, but I'm guessing he was flustered at the press conference.

Here's part of the transcript from Jack's court testimony during 'Eggtown', again from Lostpedia.

JACK: Um..on September 22, 2004, Kate (sighs, smiling) --Ms. Austen and I were both passengers on Oceanic Flight 815, which crash-landed on an island in the South Pacific.

DUNCAN: Were you aware that Ms. Austen was a fugitive being transported by a United States marshal on a flight to Los Angeles for trial?

JACK: I did learn that eventually, yes.

DUNCAN: From the U.S. Marshal?

JACK: No, the marshal died in the crash. I never spoke to him. Ms. Austen told me.

DUNCAN: Did you ever ask her if she was guilty?

JACK: No. Never.

DUNCAN: Well, that seems like a reasonable question. Why not?

JACK: I just assumed that there had been some kind of mistake.

DUNCAN: And why would you think that?

JACK: Only eight of us survived the crash. We landed in the water. I was hurt, pretty badly. In fact, if it weren't for her, I would have never made it to the shore. She took care of me. She took care of all of us. She--she gave us first aid, water, found food, made shelter. She tried to save the other two, but they didn't--

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 05:10:40 AM »
makes for a fuller story and a more believable cover up.

didnt you guys ever lie to you parents growing up - the more people involved the bigger the web of lies is to fall into.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 05:24:40 AM »

didnt you guys ever lie to you parents growing up - the more people involved the bigger the web of lies is to fall into.

I understand that - but the mystery is whom has Jack picked to represent the O2?

Sayid told the press conference that there was "absolutely not" any chance of other survivors. This is a moot point, as the press being the press would no doubt question the O6's account of events and possibly carry out their own investigations.

Jack would have had to choose two people whom were either dead or wanted the world to believe they're dead, just in case they too finally emerged back in the real world at a later date... Otherwise Jack's survival story is blown out of the water.

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 05:47:29 AM »

didn't you guys ever lie to you parents growing up - the more people involved the bigger the web of lies is to fall into.

I understand that - but the mystery is whom has Jack picked to represent the O2?

Sayid told the press conference that there was "absolutely not" any chance of other survivors. This is a moot point, as the press being the press would no doubt question the O6's account of events and possibly carry out their own investigations.

Jack would have had to choose two people whom were either dead or wanted the world to believe they're dead, just in case they too finally emerged back in the real world at a later date... Otherwise Jack's survival story is blown out of the water.

OK i guess i buy that. but what i don't get is; who could possibly be beneficial to the alibi.

but i guess thats the point of this thread, right?

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 07:24:23 AM »
He says that by the time they made it to the island there were only eight of them left alive

I have been saying that since Eggtown. That is the main reason why I didn't believe Aaron was an oceanic six till I saw it in the last episode.

The 2 have to be in the coverupstory for a reason.
Jack said the Marshall died in the crash. Sun said Jin died in the crash. Claire doesn't sound right,
because people knew she was pregnant and telling she survived would raise questions about Aaron's real identity. Dan and Charlotte didn't return, because Abbadon asked about them. Hurley said to the policeofficer that he never met Ana-Lucia.
Sawyer could be one of them. Kate could meet Cassidy and give her a message from Sawyer, without telling her that he is still alive.
Or people that made it off the island but weren't on the plane and left before the 6 got on land, like Frank, Juliet or Desmond.

But I think it are Nikki and Paolo.  :)

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 09:45:25 AM »

I was thinking about the O2 (much respect to LostAndSeek, I love this term) and realized that whoever they are either had to have contact with the outside world briefly, OR the outside world knows about them in some other fashion. I'm thinking that Charlie has to be one of them because of the contact he had with Penny, but can not think of one other person that had any communication with the real world.

Bob, thanks, but I picked up the term O2 from somebody else. I forget who, sorry!

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 09:47:43 AM »
Opge, Sawyer is a brilliant suggestion. How else could Kate explain her interest in Sawyer's past life, if she didn't get to know him?

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 11:29:34 AM »
i think it is michael & charlie.  both have had contact with the outside world.  charlie is already dead, and i think we are going to see michael's death as well.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2008, 11:54:53 AM »
I dunno. I thought Charlie too, for that same reason, but there's no hint the coverup story includes any such contact. Maybe we just don't know all the details though.

I don't think it can be Michael. His contact with the outside world was that he got off the Island. The covereruppers aren't going to want that to come out. Pawn shop owner: Hey I sold that guy a gun just a couple of weeks ago.

I'm still thinking he winds up in that coffin.

Offline therealsawyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2008, 12:06:23 PM »
I don't think the contact can be addressed.  Too many issues like: how did you find a USB camera and broadband internet connection on a deserted island in the South Pacific?

If they ever come out it will be considered conspiracy theory.

Good call on Sawyer - could die a hero in the eyes of the media, changing his daughter's impression of him, much like Kate being forgiven for her past trespasses.  Also explains Kate knowing him.  I hope not because I believe the other two story is being used to explain some dead bodies.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2008, 12:23:10 PM »
I picked up the term O2 from somebody else. I forget who, sorry!

Me too! I dunno who though.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2008, 12:37:19 PM »
This is rehashing if Aaron was an O6 or not.  He is the 6th, so that means 2 additional people survived the crash not 3. 

TV Fanatic, this is NOT rehashing whether Aaron was an O6.  We are all well aware that he is an O6 at this point.  Go back and read the post I wrote toward the beginning of this thread.  Jack mentioned 8 who made it to the island.  At this point Aaron would not have been one of the 8 because he wasn't born until later.  This has nothing to do with whether or not he is a real person.  I believe that all babies are real people even at the point of conception but that's not the issue here.  When three people are in the room and one of them is pregnant most people will say there are three people in the room, not four.  This makes it sound like there were three others who died unless Jack was just flustered and not thinking clearly.  Eventually three died leaving 5 survivors, then Aaron was born, hence becoming 6 people who were eventually named the Oceanic 6.