Author Topic: Just How Innocent Are Daniel And Charlotte?  (Read 5778 times)

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Just How Innocent Are Daniel And Charlotte?
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2009, 09:31:14 PM »
Oh, well.

We now know that Abaddon worked for Widmore, so they were indirectly working for Widmore.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2009, 08:29:12 AM »
Agree with the fact that Daniel referfed to his notebook about the second protocol as if he had experienced this previously. 

Additionally it reminded me of when we first met Daniel and we saw him crying as the he watched the news about flight 815 fuselage being found.  It now makes sense as to why he might be crying, because he had been there done that.

I don't believe that either Charlotte nor Daniel were privy to the mercenaries or Capitan's instructions. This is clearly a Daniel time tripping moment.

Correct Mango, but you forget my friend that Faraday was funded by Widmore and dear departed Charlotte came from the Dharma Initiative at a time when Widmore was more than likely in charge of the Others at that time.

And when Miles made that comment about Widmore looking for the island for 20 years, I just wonder how much information they were given!

None the less as we now know that Faraday has been travelling around!

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2009, 09:25:37 AM »
Incidentally, seeing as Daniel, Charlotte, Miles, Lapidus and Naomi were recruited by Abaddon... and Abaddon was working for Widmore... and Widmore ordered Keamy to "torch the Island"... We can assume that Abaddon didn't have their best interests at heart - it was practically an (unwilling) suicide mission.

Which all sort of throws more light on the argument of whether or not Widmore is more "evil" than Ben.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2009, 10:14:09 AM »
Incidentally, seeing as Daniel, Charlotte, Miles, Lapidus and Naomi were recruited by Abaddon... and Abaddon was working for Widmore... and Widmore ordered Keamy to "torch the Island"... We can assume that Abaddon didn't have their best interests at heart - it was practically an (unwilling) suicide mission.

Which all sort of throws more light on the argument of whether or not Widmore is more "evil" than Ben.
Oh agreed and very good point.
What I have thought is that both of these men have a reason for protecting the island and the means to the end is something only they can comprehend. 

So with that said are either right or wrong?  If in the end they truly mean to protect this island then how they go about it and the loss of lives are of no consequence for in the end it will balance.  But what we have been shown of either character is a great deal of arrogance, pride, greed and so forth.  We have seen more compassion from Widmore than Ben.  The only time we have seen anything of care from Ben is when Alex was killed and that was so short lived.

I would hope in the end that neither of these men win the island. 

Offline popular123

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 06:29:51 AM »
I say this because Dan's note about Des and being a constant wasn't there untill they had met in the past mind-trip.