Author Topic: They took it from 5 banks.. the 3.2 M theory  (Read 5651 times)

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: They took it from 5 banks.. the 3.2 M theory
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 10:34:13 PM »
I think we're drawing too tight of a line.  Let some slack out of the rope.  There was 3.2 million dollars.  That deal's a wash.  There were 5 banks.  That was what it was.  Sun bought a "controlling interest" in Paik.  Which means she is set up to UNCOVER the connection between Paik/Wdimore/Hanso and very likely be one of the main powerbrokers in the final seasons.  THAT'S the big reveal. 

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 02:09:21 AM »
good post !!!  (someone got confused and it seemed to spread! )
Very good theory about Sun being in a postion now to find a connection between Paik/Wdimore/Hanso !!!!  excellent..

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 02:15:51 AM »
I figured Sun and the other Oceanic 6, minus Aaron all chipped in to buy majority stock, although I don't see why anyone besides Hurley would help with that.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 10:30:31 AM »
There is a cover-up story the 6 agreed to tell. I think it is Ben's idea.

I have no idea how much Oceanic paid the 6 and I have no idea how much it costs to buy a part of Paik's company, but in the forum I read that it can never be enough.
Through Miles' blackmailthing we know Ben has acces to a lot of money. I don't think Ben will pay Miles something. But Ben convinced everyone that Widmore is behind the fake plane. Sayid works for him in the future, Michael works for him. Maybe he convinced Sun that her father is responsible for Jin's dead like he convinced Sayid that Widmore is responsible for Nadia's dead and Sun is using Ben's money and is working for him to take down Paik. Like Sayid works for him to take down Widmore.

Offline becksmex

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008, 12:15:44 PM »
I think we're drawing too tight of a line.  Let some slack out of the rope.  There was 3.2 million dollars.  That deal's a wash.  There were 5 banks.  That was what it was.  Sun bought a "controlling interest" in Paik.  Which means she is set up to UNCOVER the connection between Paik/Wdimore/Hanso and very likely be one of the main powerbrokers in the final seasons.  THAT'S the big reveal. 

LOVE this.   To see Sun, the stereotypical meek Korean wife of season one turn into a powerbroker and exposer of all evil (The paik/widmore/hanso axis of evil lol) and righter of wrongs by the end of the series would be a sweet character arc!

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 03:43:51 PM »
LOVE this.   To see Sun, the stereotypical meek Korean wife of season one turn into a powerbroker and exposer of all evil (The paik/widmore/hanso axis of evil lol) and righter of wrongs by the end of the series would be a sweet character arc!
[/quote]

I would think that the only way for Sun to find out if her fathers company had anything to do with widmore it would come from Ben telling her. Seeing that she doesn't like or trust Ben it probably takes a while to sink in that her father could do something like this.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 05:43:08 PM »
Whilst I was at my sister's house this afternoon, my niece picked up a (British) TV guide called "TV Choice" and read out a spoiler about Sun's activities in the forthcoming finale.

It didn't spoil too much, but has set my mind buzzing as to a possible answer for how she had enough money.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 07:12:16 PM »
How can you post that and leave us hanging on "possibilities" of Sun's money.

eerrr......    >:(

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 07:17:16 PM »
Whilst I was at my sister's house this afternoon, my niece picked up a (British) TV guide called "TV Choice" and read out a spoiler about Sun's activities in the forthcoming finale.

It didn't spoil too much, but has set my mind buzzing as to a possible answer for how she had enough money.

I'm glad to know that there is something more to it.  There is no way that an airlines would give a large enough settlement for someone (or even five someone's) to buy a controlling interest in any extremely large company.  You would have to have $'s in the billions with a capital "B"!

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 07:21:43 PM »

Because the spoiler wasn't a direct answer to the issue of the money; in fact it raised other questions... However, in my mind, it could answer how Sun afforded a controlling stake.

I'm not going to post plot-lines here!!!

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2008, 07:41:36 PM »
Plus this is a nonSpoiler thread.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 07:52:19 PM »
Plus this is a nonSpoiler thread.

I don't even think I'd post the information in the Spoiler forums here either. I've done really well at avoiding them, until today.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2008, 11:32:22 PM »
I don't usually look at spoilers, but I saw the us TV guide magazine with great pics of every one and one big one of the beach rescue) I just had to get it. I knew it wasn't really going to spoil anything are you kiddin! so I just know very little tid bits on the o6. Nothing was spoiled.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2008, 12:41:17 AM »
Oh yeah.  Had to buy that TV Guide.  Think that makes us geeks, Mrs. Hume.  :D

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2008, 07:03:43 AM »

You know, the blurb in my sister's TV guide said that Sun was in London, visiting Charles - and somebody else.

I don't know if the blurb was incorrect, or a scene has been removed for inclusion at a later date.

I'd assumed that Sun had been given the money from the other person.